VDownloader is widely acknowledged as one of the top programs that can help you download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and more similar video sharing websites. However, it only runs on Windows, and there is no compatible VDownloader MacVDownloader is widely acknowledged as one of the top programs that can help you download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and more similar video sharing websites. However, it only runs on Windows, and there is no compatible VDownloader Mac version available. If you’re using a Mac and want to download videos on Mac OS X, you will need to turn to some software to grab online videos. Fortunately, there is a tool that can be used as a substitute for VDownloader on Mac. In fact, it works much better than VDownloader as it lets you convert videos to popular video/audio formats for any platform. Read on to find the best option for you.
As one of the best substitutes for VDownloader on Mac OS X, Video Keeper has much more than the ability to download videos. This VDownloader alternative for Mac can download, convert, and play in many video formats. Aside from that, it features a powerful “Detect” option that downloads videos automatically without copying any URL. Additionally, it can download YouTube playlists or up to 10 more videos at the same time with a few clicks. Also, thanks to its high-speed downloading technology that it can grab multiple videos simultaneously without hurting or slowing down other downloads. Finally, this awesome downloader supports grabbing videos from the most popular video-sharing platforms online.
Try It Free
Step1 Launch the application
After you install the Video Keeper for Mac, launch it, and then the main interface will appear. The “Download” tab will appear together with the other functions of Video Keeper for Mac. From here, you can access the button where the URL should be pasted and where the download progress is viewed.
Step2 Start Downloading the Videos
First, launch your Safari then visit any video streaming site wherein you wish to grab a video. Then, copy the URL of the exact video then go back to the interface of Video Keeper. From here, click the “Paste URL” button to put the link you copied. Click “OK” to start downloading. A faster way to download videos is by using the “Detect” function of Video Keeper. To use this feature, click the “Detect” tab and you will see the built-in browser. From here, visit any video streaming website wherein you want to download a video. Then, play the video from the site and it will be automatically added into the download queue.
Step3 Convert the video after download
Aside from being a great video downloader, Video Keeper for Mac is also capable of converting videos. Once the download is finished, go to the “Completed” section to check all of the saved videos. From here, right-click into the file name then select “Add to”. After that, click the “Convert” button, then it will let the users change and alter the structure of videos with its advanced video editing tools.
When the settings are OK, click Convert to start the conversion. In just a couple of minutes, you will get the video files with the appropriate size and resolution you need.
- Help you download videos quickly with its auto-detect feature
- It can download many videos at once
- You need to download a good internet connection to download large size videos
Clipgrab is another tool that you can use to download videos online. This supports download to any community sites like Youtube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. Also, it is compatible with MAC, LINUX, and Windows. Not only that, but you can also use it as a converter for your videos. Moreover, it is free and easy to use. To start using the application, please check the following step by step procedure below:
- To download the application, visit ClipGrab Official Page and click the “Download” button and follow the instruction to install.
- Go to the site that you prefer and search for the video that you want to download.
- Then, copy the “Link” at the address bar. Make sure that the Link is Highlighted so that it will be copied. You can use “Command key” + C to copy the Link to your clipboard.
- Once the interface is downloaded, launch and you will see four tabs. “Search” ,”Download”, “Settings” “About”. Click on the “Download” tab and paste the URL into the first box.
- Configure the format that you like by clicking the drop-down button under “Format”. So as the quality of the video. Once the video is downloaded it will be auto-populated in the inteface under downloads. Refer to the picture below.
- You can extract audio from videos
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Too many ads
If you run on Mac, you should know about Mac Video Downloader. This is an extremely popular streaming video downloader for all Mac-Heads. The reason Mac Video is so popular, it allows users to download videos from just about any site and the download speed is 10 times faster than other regular video downloader sites. Outside of downloading videos, you have the ability to save audio files on to your computer with one click. You can also download entire YouTube playlists using the batch mode feature. There is also a built-in screen recording feature. You can use this feature to capture videos playing on your screen if the direct download methods are not working. We are providing you with a step-by-step guide on how to use Mac Video Downloader to save streaming videos to your Mac computer:
- Download Mac Video Downloader from its official website. It is free to try. After downloading, install the program by following the instruction in the installation wizard.
- After launching the program from your computer, navigate to the built-in browser and open the website which contains your video you want to download.
- Now start playing your video. Mac Video Downloader will automatically detect the embedded media file and will show it in the URL list.
- If there are more media files in the URL list, select the one you want to download and click the green download icon next to it. You will be able to track the progress of your videos being downloaded under the “Downloader” tab on the left.
- It can detect videos and music from 20,000+ websites
- You can preview videos while downloading it
- Only for Mac
As VDownloader doesn’t offer the Mac version, if you’re using the Macintosh system, you will need to switch to VDownloader alternatives in order to grab online streaming videos to your Mac. There is a wide variety of Mac video downloaders that can be used as VDownloader Mac, and here we have recommended the best four ones according to our research. Both of them are quire similar to VDownloader and do great jobs in downloading videos from various video streaming websites. I’m sure none of them will let you down. I hope this article will be helpful for you, and if you have got any better VDownloader alternative for Mac, please share it with us via the comments.