VDownloader is widely acknowledged as one of the top programs that can help you download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and more similar video sharing websites. However, it only runs on Windows and there is no compatible VDownloader MacVDownloader is widely acknowledged as one of the top programs that can help you download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and more similar video sharing websites. However, it only runs on Windows and there is no compatible VDownloader Mac version available. If you’re using a Mac and want to download videos on Mac OS X, you will need to turn to a VDownloader alternative to grab online videos. Fortunately, there is a tool that can be used as a substitute for VDownloader on Mac. In fact, it works much better than VDownloader as it lets you convert videos to popular video/audio formats for any platform. Read on to find the best option for you.
As one of the best substitutes for VDownloader on Mac OS X, Video Keeper has much more than the ability to simply download videos. This VDownloader alternative for Mac can download, convert and play in many video formats.
- Download up to 10 videos at the same time with one click.
- Convert videos to different formats such as WMV, MOV, MP3, MP4 and AVI.
- Play your downloaded videos in the built-in player.
Try It Free
Step1 Launch the application
After you install the Video Keeper for Mac, launch it and then the main interface will appear. The “Download” tab will appear together with the other functions of Video Keeper for Mac. This is the section where the URL should be pasted and where the download progress is viewed.
Step2 Use the Detect feature
A faster way to download videos is by using the “Detect” function of Video Keeper. To use this feature, click the “Detect” tab and then visit the website where to download a video using the built-in browser. Play a video from the website and it will be then automatically added to the download queue.
Step3 Convert the video after download
Aside from being a great video downloader, Video Keeper for Mac is also capable of converting videos. The “Convert” feature lets the users to change and alter the structure of videos with its advanced videos editing tools.
When the settings are OK, click Convert to start the conversion. In just a couple of minutes, you will get the video files with the appropriate size and resolution you need.
Clipgrab is another tool that you can use to download videos online. This supports download to any community sites like Youtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion. Also it is compatible to with MAC LINUX, and Windows. Not only that you can also use it as a converter for your videos. Moreover, it is free and easy to use. To start using the application, please check the following step by step procedure below:
- To download the application, visit ClipGrab Official Page and click the “Download” button and follow the instruction to install.
- Go to the site that you prefer and search for the video that you want to download.
- Then, copy the “Link” at the address bar. Make sure that the Link is Highlighted so that it will be copied. You can use “Command key” + C to copy the Link to your clipboard.
- Once the interface is downloaded, launch and you will see four tabs. “Search” ,”Download”, “Settings” “About”. Click on the “Download” tab and paste the URL into the first box.
- Configure the format that you like by clicking the drop-down button under “Format”. So as the quality of the video. Once the video is downloaded it will be auto-populated in the inteface under downloads. Refer to the picture below.
Mac Video Downloader is a popular streaming video downloader for Mac computers. What makes Mac Video Downloader so popular is that it lets users download videos from virtually any site and download speeds are almost 10x faster than with ordinary video downloaders. Apart from downloading videos, you can also save audio files to your computer as well with a single click. You can also download entire YouTube playlists with the batch mode feature and there is a built-in screen recording feature too which you can use to capture the video playing on your screen if none of the direct download methods work. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Mac Video Downloader to save streaming videos on your Mac computer:
- Download Mac Video Downloader from its official website. It is free to try. After downloading, install the program by following the instruction in the installation wizard.
- After launching the program from your computer, navigate to the built-in browser and open the website which contains your video you want to download.
- Now start playing your video. Mac Video Downloader will automatically detect the embedded media file and will show it in the URL list.
- If there are more media files in the URL list, select the one you want to download and click the green download icon next to it. You will be able to track the progress of your videos being downloaded under the “Downloader” tab on the left.
YTD is yet another popular video downloader for Mac that users love for its simplicity and multi-functionality. The free version comes with some restrictions but it is still a highly efficient piece of software. With the built-in converter you can convert your downloaded clips to other common formats and presets if the default format does not suit your needs. If you do not want to just download a single video, then YTD is the way to go as it has got an excellent batch mode which lets you download multiple files at the same time, saving you a lot of precious time. Below we will explain how to go about using this software.
- Grab a copy of YTD from the official page of the program. Follow the steps described in the installation wizard to complete the setup and launch the program when installation is complete.
- Open the video you want to download in your browser and copy the URL link of the video by right-clicking the video and selecting “Copy URL” or something similar.
- Open YTD and paste the copied link into the given field. Choose the output quality of your video and hit “Download”.
- To track the progress of your downloads, click the “Activity” tab on the top.
- To convert downloaded videos, click the “Convert” tab and select the video from your computer you wish to convert.
- Select the output format and quality of your converted file and finally hit “Convert.”
As VDownloader doesn’t offer the Mac version, if you’re using the Macintosh system, you will need to switch to VDownloader alternatives in order to grab online streaming videos to your Mac. There are a wide variety of Mac video downloaders that can be used as VDownloader for Mac and here we have recommended the best 4 ones according to our research. Both of them are quire similar to VDownloader and do great jobs in downloading videos from various video streaming websites. I’m sure none of them will let you down. Hope this article will be helpful for you and if you have got any better VDownloader alternative for Mac, please share it with us via the comments.