Real Downloader is a plugin that comes with Real Player, which is designed to help users download videos from various streaming platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion and many more. This smart video downloader is quite easy to use as it will detect the video when you’re playing it in the browser and offer a Download button for you to save the video with a single click. It’s really a pity that the developers haven’t updated it anymore and there are always some downloading problems. Meanwhile, Real Download is only compatible with Windows Internet Explorer. Thus, you may need a Real Downloader alternativeReal Downloader is a plugin that comes with Real Player, which is designed to help users download videos from various streaming platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion and many more. This smart video downloader is quite easy to use as it will detect the video when you’re playing it in the browser and offer a Download button for you to save the video with a single click. It’s really a pity that the developers haven’t updated it anymore and there are always some downloading problems. Meanwhile, Real Download is only compatible with Windows Internet Explorer. Thus, you may need a Real Downloader alternative to support other major web browsers, Mac and also works in a much more stable way. Here the best alternatives to Real Downloader are discussed as below.
AceThinker Video Keeper Lite can claim that it is the best Real Downloader alternative since it can grab videos in a much faster way. This is possible since it maximizes the full bandwidth of your internet connection and focuses it on the downloading process. Aside from that, it can download and convert the video into other formats like MP4, MP3, AVI, and more. This is necessary if you want to transfer the downloaded video into other devices and play it there. Moreover, it is equipped with a built-in browser that you can use to search and save videos if you prefer.
Try It Free
Step1 Install the Software
Hit the “Download” button provided here to start. Run and follow the guide to install it properly on your computer. Launch it afterward to access the main interface.
Step2 Download a Video
After you installed the software, access a web browser then use it to visit any video streaming website. Find any clip you need and make sure to copy the URL of the video. Next, go back to Video Keeper Lite and hit the “Paste URL” button to begin the process.
Step3 Play Video
Wait until the video is successfully downloaded. Once it is finished, hit the “Completed” panel found at the left part of its interface. Then, right-click the file name and choose “Play” to access it immediately. You may also select “Open File Location” to open its output folder.
Compared to Real Downloader, Video Keeper Lite is:
- It supports several online streaming websites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, VK, and more.
- It provides other more features like video conversion, bulk download, and others.
- It can save videos playing from multiple browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox.
- Lastly, you can modify the download speed in case you have a slow internet connection.
SaveFrom.net is the best web application where you can download videos from various famous platforms, including Vimeo, DailyMotion, Facebook, YouTube and many more. So, if you are looking for a Real Downloader alternative, SaveFrom can be a good online option. Downloading videos is extremely simple. You just need to open this site in a new tab while browsing for the videos as you usually do and follow the process below:
How to Use SaveFrom
- Search any video from a video sharing site, then copy the video link from the URL field.
- Next, go to the official website of SaveFrom by clicking the link here.
- Paste it into the text box and click the blue icon to continue.
- You will then be presented with the available downloading options. Select the format you need and click Download.
- Set a location to save the video and it’s done.
Compared to Real Downloader Savefrom:
- Is more practical to use
- It is for free without limitation
- Its a free web-based app
- Easier to use
If you are not interested in copying and pasting the URL, then you can go for this browser plugin which is named as Video Download Helper. You will not get an easier way of downloading videos. What you need to do is simply installing the plugin on your web browser. However, you need to choose the Video Download Helper version that is supported on your browser. Once you are done with, you don’t need to do anything as this plugin will do it for you. Just keep on browsing the web and video streaming websites as regular.
How to Use VideoDownloadHelper
- Open your web browser to visit any video sharing platform. Navigate to find the video you want to download and play it.
- The plug-in will detect the video and display a list of videos and also a download button will appear on the top right corner of the window.
- Decide which file format and video quality you want to download. Then click the video, it will then give you several options to download.
- You can choose to do a quick download, download on your PC and more.
Compared to Real DownloaderHelper
- Is easier to access since it is incorporated in the brower
- It detects video faster
- Its free of charge
- More options for download formats and quality
Distill Video is an online video downloader that works on different type of browsers. This is a browser and internet downloading software dependent so make sure you have a stable internet connection. This tool can provide several video format options to download. Most of these formats are the ones that are commonly used. Aside from that, you can also extract audios out of a video. It acts like a downloader and a converter at the same time. It is very convenient and easy to use. Even a first time user can use the tool without any difficulty. Simply use the Video URL to obtain the video. To see how it works, see the following steps below.
How to Use Distill Video
- Go to any video sharing site and copy the link of the video. In this sample we will copy one from Youtube.
- Navigate to the official page of the program and start downloading videos.
- Paste the video link to the URL field then wait until the video is detected.
- After results are out, choose the video format and click the “download” button.
Compared to Real Downloader, Distill Video is:
- more accessible since its browser dependent
- Its free
- It contains more format available
Last on the list is BitDownloader. It works similarly with the previous tools mentioned. It can download any video only by using links. It is one of the safest downloaders that you can make use of. The interface is greatly simple that makes it extremely easy to use. The tool supports more than 800 sites to download videos. To get started with Qdownload check the following steps below.
How to Use BitDownloader
- First make sure your internet is stable. Next visit the official website of BitDownloader by clicking this link.
- Open your favorite video streaming site, and copy the link of the video you want to download.
- Then, on the URL field paste the video link copied from the clipboard. After a few seconds it will show you several formats available to download.
- Decide which file to download then get it by hovering your mouse to the download button beside the file format chosen. Right-click then choose “save video as” and wait until the file is downloaded.
Compared to Real Downloader, BitDownloader is:
- Not limited to length of usage
- It’s free
- It contains more format available
From the above comparison list, you can see that Video Keeper Lite stands out among the 3 alternatives to Real Downloader as it offers more functions and the downloading speed is faster. Just get a free trial and enjoy your videos! And if you have any better solution to replace Real Downloader to download online videos, please let me know by leaving a comment below.