Real Downloader is a plugin that comes with Real Player, which is designed to help users download videos from various streaming platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion and many more. This smart video downloader is quite easy to use as it will detect the video when you’re playing it in the browser and offer a Download button for you to save the video with a single click. It’s really a pity that the developers haven’t updated it anymore and there are always some downloading problems. Meanwhile, Real Download is only compatible with Windows Internet Explorer. Thus, you may need a Real Downloader alternativeReal Downloader is a plugin that comes with Real Player, which is designed to help users download videos from various streaming platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion and many more. This smart video downloader is quite easy to use as it will detect the video when you’re playing it in the browser and offer a Download button for you to save the video with a single click. It’s really a pity that the developers haven’t updated it anymore and there are always some downloading problems. Meanwhile, Real Download is only compatible with Windows Internet Explorer. Thus, you may need a Real Downloader alternative to support other major web browsers, Mac and also works in a much more stable way. Here the best alternatives to Real Downloader are discussed as below.
Video Keeper is considered as the best Real Downloader alternative program that enables you to download online videos in clicks with fast downloading speed. With it, you can effortlessly download videos from a large amount of video sharing websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, VEVO, etc. Apart from downloading videos, you can also use it to convert media files, edit videos and even record your screen activity. Get this powerful Real Downloader alternative installed on your computer and follow the quick steps below to save online videos to your local hard drive.
Try It Free
Step1 Copy the Video URL
Open your web browser to visit any video sharing website and find the video you want to download. Play the video and then copy the video link from the browser address bar. Run Video Keeper and click the Paste URL to paste the video link you’ve copied and the program will start to analyze the URL and start downloading instantly.
Step2 Check the Downloaded Video
On the same tab where the download progress is, click “Completed” from the left side of the interface. From there you will see a list of all video downloaded. Find the name of the video. Using your mouse double click the file name. Then it will be played by the built-in player.
There is actually another way to download videos using this tool. Video keeper introduces its new “Auto Detection” feature that makes downloading videos never been this easier. What the program does is detect and download the video automatically while it plays. By using the built-in browser you can directly search for the video-sharing site. All you have to do is play the video and enable the “Detector” located at the bottom left-hand side of the interface. Then just sit back watch while the tool do all the job for you.
Compared to Real Downloader, Video Keeper is :
- Limitless when it comes to website supported
- Features are more advanced
- Downloading speed performs faster
- It is an all in one tool.
SaveFrom.net is the best web application where you can download videos from various famous platforms, including Vimeo, DailyMotion, Facebook, YouTube and many more. So, if you are looking for a Real Downloader alternative, SaveFrom can be a good online option. Downloading videos is extremely simple. You just need to open this site in a new tab while browsing for the videos as you usually do and follow the process below:
How to Use SaveFrom
- Search any video from a video sharing site, then copy the video link from the URL field.
- Next, go to the official website of SaveFrom by clicking the link here.
- Paste it into the text box and click the blue icon to continue.
- You will then be presented with the available downloading options. Select the format you need and click Download.
- Set a location to save the video and it’s done.
Compared to Real Downloader Savefrom:
- Is more practical to use
- It is for free without limitation
- Its a free web-based app
- Easier to use
If you are not interested in copying and pasting the URL, then you can go for this browser plugin which is named as Video Download Helper. You will not get an easier way of downloading videos. What you need to do is simply installing the plugin on your web browser. However, you need to choose the Video Download Helper version that is supported on your browser. Once you are done with, you don’t need to do anything as this plugin will do it for you. Just keep on browsing the web and video streaming websites as regular.
How to Use VideoDownloadHelper
- Open your web browser to visit any video sharing platform. Navigate to find the video you want to download and play it.
- The plug-in will detect the video and display a list of videos and also a download button will appear on the top right corner of the window.
- Decide which file format and video quality you want to download. Then click the video, it will then give you several options to download.
- You can choose to do a quick download, download on your PC and more.
Compared to Real DownloaderHelper
- Is easier to access since it is incorporated in the brower
- It detects video faster
- Its free of charge
- More options for download formats and quality
Distill Video is an online video downloader that works on different type of browsers. This is a browser and internet downloading software dependent so make sure you have a stable internet connection. This tool can provide several video format options to download. Most of these formats are the ones that are commonly used. Aside from that, you can also extract audios out of a video. It acts like a downloader and a converter at the same time. It is very convenient and easy to use. Even a first time user can use the tool without any difficulty. Simply use the Video URL to obtain the video. To see how it works, see the following steps below.
How to Use Distill Video
- Go to any video sharing site and copy the link of the video. In this sample we will copy one from Youtube.
- Navigate to the official page of the program and start downloading videos.
- Paste the video link to the URL field then wait until the video is detected.
- After results are out, choose the video format and click the “download” button.
Compared to Real Downloader, Distill Video is:
- more accessible since its browser dependent
- Its free
- It contains more format available
Last on the list is Qdownloader. It works similarly with the previous tools mentioned. It can download any video only by using links. It is one of the safest downloaders that you can make use of. The interface is greatly simple that makes it extremely easy to use. The tool supports more than 800 sites to download videos. To get started with Qdownload check the following steps below.
How to Use Qdownloader
- First make sure your internet is stable. Next visit the official website of Qdownloader by clicking this link.
- Open your favorite video streaming site, and copy the link of the video you want to download.
- Then, on the URL field paste the video link copied from the clipboard. After a few seconds it will show you several formats available to download.
- Decide which file to download then get it by hovering your mouse to the download button beside the file format chosen. Right-click then choose “save video as” and wait until the file is downloaded.
Compared to Real Downloader, QDownloader is:
- Not limited to length of usage
- It’s free
- It contains more format available
From the above comparison list, you can see that Video Keeper stands out among the 3 alternatives to Real Downloader as it offers more functions and the downloading speed is faster. Just get a free trial and enjoy your videos! And if you have any better solution to replace Real Downloader to download online videos, please let me know by leaving a comment below.