MacTubes is a tool that allows you to view and save Youtube videos on your Mac Device. This tool works without having to open the Youtube website itself. It allows the user to create a playlist of the videos that they like, subscribes to a Youtube channel and others. Although it works well with Youtube, there are video hosting sites that it does not support like Metacafe and Dailymotion. The tool itself has glitches, but it does not affect its performance that much so it is still a good tool overall. The major drawback is when saving the video, the only format available is FLV format. If you are fine with these limitations, then you can try MacTubes. But other tools works like MacTubes with more improved functions. Below are some of the best MacTube alternatives available.
AceThinker Video Keeper
One tool that works like Mactubes is AceThinker Video Keeper. This tool is available on both Mac and Windows devices, and unlike MacTubes, it supports different video hosting sites. Video Keeper is not only limited to Youtube, giving you many options when it comes to video downloads. Also, it can save files in different file formats, like MPEG, AVI, and MP4. Below are the steps on how to use Acethinker Video Keeper.
Step 1 Download and install the Video Keeper
Get the installer by clicking the Mac download button below and install it by following the instructions on the screen.
Try it for Free
Step 2 Launch the program and select a video to download
First, launch the tool on a different tab on the web browser. Then, go to your preferred video hosting site and look for the video you want, copy the URL link and click the "Paste URL" option on the tool to start the download.
Step 3 Open the Downloaded Video File
Once the video download is complete, the file will move to the "Downloaded" section, where the completed downloads are stored. Right-click the video file and select "Open Folder" to locate the file and watch it.
ClipGrab is another tool like MacTubes that allows you to save videos from different video hosting sites. Like the previous tool, it can save videos in different file formats and is pretty easy to use. ClipGrab works for both Mac and Windows as well, and the interface is the same, so there won't be any confusion, with its user-friendly interface. Here are the steps on how to use ClipGrab.
- Download the installer of ClipGrab by clicking the link above.
- After installation, run the program and open another tab on the web browser. Go to a video hosting site and copy the URL of your chosen video.
- Go back to the tool, and on the "Downloads" tab, paste the URL link of the video on the input bar.
- Under the input bar are a different option, start with selecting the file format of the video, and the video quality.
- Next, click the "Grab this Clip" button and choose your preferred file location. Then, wait for the download to finish.
- Once done, you can preview the video on its file location. From there, simply double-click the video to play it automatically.
As a video fan, you may have used different video downloaders on your device. You are trying to figure out why VideoDuke is unique and tops the list. VideoDuke is a simple, smart, and straightforward video downloader for Mac. It offers amazing features you won't find in other video downloading applications. For starters, this smart app supports more than 100 popular video hosting platforms such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo. VideoDuke has quick access to these three sites; all you need to do is click on the website, search for the videos you want, and download. The app features two different download modes (simple and advanced modes), making downloads easier and convenient. The simple mode permits fast video download from URL or audio extraction from a video. The advanced mode provides four different tabs with different options to download. Another amazing feature is that you can integrate VideoDuke into the web browser on your device, permitting easy and fast download. If you are fed up with losing videos, you love after watching it, and you will find this amazing app interesting. With VideoDuke, you can bookmark any video and watch it anytime you, please. The app allows you to manage your bookmarks at ease by right-clicking them.
- Launch the app and choose from Dailymotion, Vimeo or YouTube in the main window.
- Navigate any video hosting site directly on the app without using the web browser on your device.
- When you find the video you want to download, click on it, and VideoDuke will process it. Click on the 'All Resources" tab in the app to see the list of resources available for download from the webpage. You click 'Download All' to download all the elements available, or you select only the elements you want to download.
- If you have the video URL already, you can paste it directly in the app to initiate the download process.
- Your files will be saved by default in the download folder (Downloads -> VideoDuke). VideoDuke also gives you an option to change the download location/path; you can do this by accessing preferences.
MacTubes is not a wrong tool to download videos on your Mac device. But with the limitations that it possesses, you won't be able to make the most out of it. With the two MacTubes alternative tools above, getting videos for your Mac device has never been this easy. For a wide range of videos, you can use Acethinker Video Keeper to do the job. An easy tool to get the video you want. With simple steps, saving your favorite videos has never been this easy.