Even though there are tons of videos online, and mobile devices allow you to access the Internet from many locations, there still may be times when you need to save a video to your hard drive for viewing afterwards. People who use Internet Explorer (IE) will be happy to know that there are many IE video downloadersEven though there are tons of videos online, and mobile devices allow you to access the Internet from many locations, there still may be times when you need to save a video to your hard drive for viewing afterwards. People who use Internet Explorer (IE) will be happy to know that there are many IE video downloaders and add-ons that allow you to download videos from Internet Explorer easily. Because these extensions plug directly into your browser, they are very simple to use and can be used on any video website. Below you will find an explanation of the best 10 Internet Explorer video downloaders.
Strength: Download, record, convert, and edit web videos.
Video Keeper is a versatile IE video downloader that lets you grab videos from your IE browser. All popular video sharing websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Ustream and more are well supported. Moreover, it can also serve as a video converter that allows you to convert downloaded videos for playing anywhere you like. You can even use it to record online live streaming video for enjoying later. You can first download and install the program and check the steps below to download videos from IE effortlessly.
Try It Free
Step1 Detect and Download the Video
Run the program and go to the Detect tab. You can choose IE as the browser to view the video. Next, search and navigate to the video you want to download and play it. When the video is playing, there will be a Download button appearing at the right-bottom and you can simply click it to start downloading the video.
Step2 Convert the Video if Needed
You can then go to the Download tab to view the downloading process. After the video has been successfully downloaded, you can find it by navigating to the Completed menu. If you want to convert the video so that you can play it on your portable device, you can right click it and select Add to > Convert to load it for conversion.
Score: 7.5/10; Strength: Free and easy to download online videos via UL.
If you’re looking for a 100% free and safe IE video downloader, don’t miss Free Video Downloader Online. It well supports IE 7, 8, 9 and IE 10. There is no need to pay or register before you start saving web videos. Simply copy and paste the video URL and click the Download button to get your target video for offline enjoying. A wide variety of video websites are well supported, including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe and many more. Apart from IE, it’s also compatible with Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Meanwhile, both the Windows and Mac systems are supported. Check the steps below to learn on how to download internet videos online.
Step1 Copy and Paste Video URL
Copy and paste the URL of your chosen video, paste it into the field below and then click the “Download” button. Note that if it’s the first time you use this free URL video downloader, a notification will pop up, asking you to install a launcher. You should click Install Launcher so as to activate the app. Next, click Download and the program will start to analyze the video link.
Step2 Download and Save the Video
After the application has analyzed the video link, it will offer you a list of options with different video formats, sizes and quality that you can download. You can simply select the suitable one and click the Download button to save the video to your computer’s hard drive right away.
Score: 7.5/10; Strength: Downloads videos from IE browser intuitively.
The website Ant.com provides a video downloading program that works inside your browser to search for videos you like on the Internet, download them, navigate through the files you have collected, and watch them. This powerful piece of programming offers five important capabilities to video fans: search, download, explore, playback, and rank. A convenient FAQ page and help file are included in case you become confused. Search with the Ant Video Downloader functions either in your browser or on the Ant website itself.
When you download video clips with this program, they are put in a unique Ant.com folder. The Explore button in the program allows you to navigate to this folder easily so you can see all the clips you have collected. A user-friendly toolbar allows you to customize the program for your particular needs, including changing the save location. Below are the steps to use Ant.com to download videos with IE
- First of all, download the Ant video downloader plug-in from its official webpage and click Run to execute the setup and follow the instructions to successfully install it on your computer. You can visit this page to get the details on how to install Ant video downloader for Internet Explorer.
- This smart Internet Explorer extension will appear as Download icon at the top right of your browser. When you play a video, there also will be a Download button showing on the Ant toolbar. You can click either one to start downloading the video to your computer.
Score: 7/10; Product Page: http://www.speedbit.com/
Strength: Download videos with optimized faster speed.
Not only does the powerful SpeedBit program help you download and capture full videos or video clips from the Internet, but it also includes a unique technology that makes the video transfer speed much faster. It uses multiple threads of connection to the content, which means that you can both grab the video and watch it much more quickly than with other applications. Playback is smooth, and there is minimal wait for buffering. Best of all, there is no need to delve deeply into the program and configure any confusing options before reaping the rewards. Download Accelerator Plus functions well with the vast majority of popular video sharing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, and Myspace, as well as other smaller websites that host videos. These include sites like Amazon or Facebook that include embedded clips in their content. Both regular- and high-definition videos can be downloaded with this tool, although the HD option is only available on the premium app. To download a video on IE with Download Accelerator Plus, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the DAP program on your computer. You can then navigate to find the video you wish to download and copy the video link from the address bar in the web browser. After that, run DAP and click Add URL to paste the video URL and click OK to continue.
- The program will then start to analyze the video link and offer you the available files in different format with different sizes that you can download. You can then select the file according to your needs and click the Download Now button to start the downloading.
- Check the progress of the download, and see if its done. If so, locate the file using the file locator button of the tool and then play the video using a media player.
Score: 7/10; Product Page: http://www.online-convert.com/
Strength: Work on webpage as converting video via URL.
This downloader is a web-based tool without the need to install. We listed it here because it also works quite smoothly on IE. By visiting the URL above, you can choose Video Converter from the categories. Note that you will need to choose desired output before visiting the downloader page. Once done, you will see the on-page tool as illustrated. It is as simple as entering the URL of target video and confirm it by clicking Convert File. If you prefer, you can also customize the output file by going through frame size, trim, rotation, and so on. It is a versatile tool, but it is not specialized in downloading videos.
- Navigate to the official website of this free online file converter and select the preferred output video format from the drop-down list under the Video Converter tab. As you see, common video formats and devices are all offered for your choice. Just choose the one you need and click Go.
- You will then be directed to the downloading page, where you can enter the video URL to download and convert it to the format you’ve set. There are many optional settings you can alter, such as the screen size, video bitrate, video quality, etc. You can set it in details or just leave it if you don’t want to change any settings. Lastly, click the “Convert file” button at the bottom to start downloading and converting the target video via URL.
Score: 6.5/10; Product Page: http://www.zamzar.com/
Strength: Web app for handling videos from multiple sites stably.
Zamzar is another on-page browser video downloader that works directly through your browser. It is fully compatible with IE and requires no installation of add-ons or extras. The interface is quite intuitive; you can apprehend the procedure with a glance. After navigating to URL Converter, you will find you are only four steps away from downloading video clips on IE. You just need to give an email address to get the download URL. After you open Zamzar official page, you will see many options like Convert Files, URL Converter, Manage Files, etc. For downloading online videos, you can choose the URL Converter tab to continue.
- Under the URL Converter tab, copy and paste the video URL you want to download to the search bar.
- Choose the video format from the list of available ones that will appear on the screen.
- In order to receive the link to save the video, you will also have to enter your email address on the space provided. When all the settings are done, click the Convert button to download the video.
Score: 6.5/10; Product Page: https://kwizzu.com/
Strength: Work as attaching a download list to playing video on YouTube.
FastestTube is a compact browser plug-in that is supported by IE and other mainstream browsers. It works by initiating a download menu alongside the videos you watch on YouTube where you can select the download format (usually in FLV and MP4). The principle behind this tool is quite simple: you can download a video while watching it. Despite the essential download capacity, it lets you merge video streams. Related options about download and conversion are itemized on the official site. The only drawback here seems to be inadequate support for sites other than YouTube and limited output formats.
- First of all, visit the official website of FastestTube and click the Install button to install the add-on on your computer.
- When this IE video downloader extension has been successfully installed, you can then navigate and play the video you want to download.
- When you play the video, a Download button will appear under the video player. You can just select the suitable format and start to download the video for offline viewing.
Score: 6.5/10; Product Page: http://www.clipconverter.cc/
Strength: Special function for users to trim the video in downloading.
This tool works like Online-Convert.com, but it does not support as many formats as that site. Also, it has no editing options. Rather, it concentrates on downloading clips from sites like YouTube. It also has explicit instructions on getting your videos so that you will not get lost in each step. To start with, visit the address above, enter the URL into the download field via copy & paste, and select the conversion format. When you are done, click Continue to the side of the download field to start the process. Wait a moment until it shows the video source page along with the thumbnail and other info. From there, you can choose the audio and video format, but there’s not much selection. You could also utilize the distinctive feature of trimming audio and video clips by setting the start and end points. Once you are done, hit Start! and wait a moment to get your video.
- Visit its main page and paste the URL of the video you wish to download to at “Video URL to Download” and press Continue to start downloading the video. The program will then begin to analyze the video link and provides multiple options of video quality and size. You can just choose one that suits you the best.
- Next, you will need to choose the format for the conversion. As you see, there are multiple choices provided.
- When you move the mouse cursor on the format, there will a note showing you hints about this format. Afterward, click the Start button at the bottom to start the video conversion.
- A few minutes later, the conversion will get completed. And you can then click the Download button to save the converted video file to your computer hard drive.
Score: 6/10; Product Page: http://www.savetube.org/
Strength: Web-based app which supports exporting to audio/video formats.
This tool provides both a browser extension and an online version. The latter option lets you download videos directly on the web page. By visiting the official site, you can enter the URL of a video and then hit the VID icon to save video or the MP3 icon to save audio. Wait until the app redirects you to the cloud storage page, and then you can choose the resolution for a video or quality for audio. If you prefer, you can convert to other media formats, trim the length of the file, and more. There’re plenty of functions to fulfill your needs, but the interface is a bit intricate which may perplex first-time users.
Navigate to open its official webpage and you can simply paste the URL address of the video you want to download into the box. And the application will immediately start to analyze the video and redirect you to the next page to continue.
- On the Simpleconverter page, you can either choose the output format as MP3 audio or save it as an HD video. Other options include the output quality, file name, etc. When all the settings are done, click the blue Convert button at the bottom to download and convert the target video.
- The app will then start to process and convert the video. After the conversion, you can click the Download button to save it to your local drive.
Downloading videos on Android devices can be efficiently and quickly done with the SnapTube App. It has a great design and responsive user-interface. SnapTube can be used to download videos from websites or by searching for particular videos on the Apps search bar. With SnapTube, you can download videos on Android devices in seconds. The App allows you to choose video quality and preferred format before starting a download. Videos downloaded with SnapTube can also be shared on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. SnapTube allows you to organize your gallery to ensure the downloaded files are automatically saved on your device and categorized as music or video files.
Downloading YouTube Videos with SnapTube
- Open the app; from the inbuilt search tab enter the YouTube mobile address.
- Search and select the YouTube video to be downloaded from the search results.
- To start your download, tap the red button on the right corner of the video frame.
- Select your preferred video quality and start the download.
The SnapTube App is available on the official website for free. There are featured Ads on the App, but you won’t be offered in App purchases.
You see, there are so many video downloaders that allow you to download videos from the IE browser. If you just need to download video for several times, it’s recommended that you just try the free online web service as you don’t need to install any software. But if you download online videos frequently, you’d better turn to programs like Video Keeper since desktop software is much more stable than online ones and offers more features to fulfill your needs. Have any other solution to download videos in Internet Explorer? Please share your idea in the comment area. Thank you! If it’s indeed a reliable way, we will add the method to the article later. You can also check this out to find the fastest YouTube video downloader.