Mozilla Firefox is one of the most well-known web browsers. It runs on multiple operating systems or devices, such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, or iOS. With Mozilla Firefox, you can surf almost anything on the internet. It can let you search and visit different types of websites, including online streaming sites. Using this browser, you can view several videos on multiple video-sharing sites without any problem. But sometimes we want to watch online videos on our offline playback since there are times that the internet is not available. That being said, I listed down the best video downloaders for Firefox that you can check.
1. Video DownloadHelper
Video DownloadHelper is a Firefox browser extension that allows you to download videos on different streaming sites, like DailyMotion, Vimeo, and more. It can detect videos on a website to make it downloadable for you. Also, it is considered the best Firefox video downloader since it supports one of the oldest streaming video formats, which is the HLS up to the newer DASH format. Aside from its downloading function, it can also extract all the embedded audios, images on a particular website.
- Video DownloadHelper can convert videos into audio, which is useful when you want to save it as a music file.
- It can merge separate audio and video into one file.
- Video DownloadHelper makes Firefox freeze if you download multiple videos at once.
2. Video Downloader Professional
Video Downloader professional is also the video downloader add-on for Firefox. It claims that it can grab videos in the fastest way within a few clicks. It has intuitive buttons that users can understand easily. With this plugin, you can make a personal video list for later playback or download. Through this, you can quickly access and view the videos without returning to their websites. Then, you can immediately save them on your hard drive by just hitting the download buttons.
- It lists all available videos to download concurrently.
- The playback videos can be in any window size.
- It restricts you to download protected videos that are under RTMP protocol.
3. Ant Video Downloader
Ant Video Downloader is an add-on that allows you to store videos on different streaming sites on your hard disk. It supports various video-sharing sites, such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and more. Once you install this extension on your Firefox, a “Download” button appears in the menu bar of the browser. Then if you click this button, a sub-menu opens to show the downloadable videos for you. Meanwhile, you can also adjust the video and audio quality by hitting the “Gear” icon. Hence, it is considered as Firefox essential video downloader.
- It supports HTTP, FTP, and RTMP protocols.
- It has a download list and sorting options.
- The playback size is too small.
4. Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express
Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express is regarded as an option for FireFox YouTube downloader. It has a straightforward UI control that you can find embedded at the lower part of a YouTube video player. Once you hit its “Download” button, you can quickly grab Youtube videos without installing a new downloader software. Plus, it is capable of downloading multiple YouTube videos without any limit. Aside from its downloading feature, it can also extract the audio of the YouTube videos directly by selecting the MP3 formats provided.
- Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express has a minimalistic and simple button for downloading YouTube videos.
- With a single click you can grab 256kbps HQ MP3 files from YouTube.
- You need to pay for the upgrade account to enjoy downloading videos for up to 1080p resolution.
5. YouTube Download Plus
YouTube Download Plus is also among the YouTube video downloader for Firefox. Once you activate this extension on your Mozilla browser, you can immediately save YouTube videos on your device. It adds an icon to the Firefox toolbar that reminds you of what the available videos that you can download are. Also, it allows you to save the YouTube file in audio format. It is helpful if you want to extract the sound from the YouTube video and put it on the clip that you are editing or want it as a music file.
- It’s easy to use and doesn’t take up much space on your drive.
- It can download YouTube videos at a fast speed.
- You can only download limited YouTube videos that have a Creative Commons license or are in the public domain.
6. Free Download Manager
Free Download Manager is the last on the list of video downloader extension for Firefox. It supports videos that are under the communication protocol of HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and BitTorrent. Also, this extension claims that it can boost all your downloads up to 10 times faster than normal. It means that it can download several videos at high speed. Additionally, it can process large files and download multiple files simultaneously. Meanwhile, it can restore and resume broken downloads without corrupting some parts of the videos.
- Free Download Manager is free and open-source that is safe to use with its GPL license.
- It supports various types of Proxy servers.
- It has a modern design interface that non-techy users find it difficult to navigate.
7. Extra Tip: Download Firefox Videos on Win/Mac
Acethinker Video Keeper is an excellent software that you can use to grab online videos on your Firefox browser. It supports several video sharing sites, including YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and many more. It can download multiple videos simultaneously with its three times faster downloading speed. Plus, it has this fantastic “Auto-detect” function that can automatically download videos by streaming it with its built-in search browser. Moreover, it supports most of the popular video formats, including MP4, FLV, AVI, and more.
There are plenty of video extension downloaders available online. However, how can we say that a specific add-on downloader is good or not? Here, I list down standards for a downloader to be considered an excellent and efficient video downloader.
Things to Know:
- Accessibility: A video downloader must have a user-friendly interface, and intuitive IU controls to be not difficult to learn or understand for beginners, who want to grab videos from streaming sites.
- Video Quality: It should support videos from 1080p to 4k resolution that allows you to experience cinematic viewing experience for a downloaded video.
- Video Formats: A video downloader must provide plenty of popular video formats like MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, FLV, and more to choose what video format is compatible with your media player.
- Fast and reliable: It should work very well to download videos relatively fast without any buffering experience.
- Conversion Feature: A video downloader should also be capable of extracting or converting videos into audio files.
- Reliability: It must let you continue downloading videos that are interrupted due to some issues.
- Multiple Downloading: There are a lot of videos available online that we want to grab in a single click. So, a video downloader must be capable of downloading several videos simultaneously.
- Free: It must provide excellent features, like downloading without any limitations with no registration or payment needed.
|Function||Video DownloadHelper||Video Downloader professional||Ant Video Downloader||Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express||YouTube Download Plus||Free Download Manager|
|Supported Formats||MP4, WEBM and AVI||MP4, FLV and 3GP||MP4, WEBM, 3GP and more|
MP3, AAC and WEBM
|FLV, 3GP, MP4 and MP3||MP4 and MP3||MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI and more|
UStream, Fox, Bloomberg, RAI and more
|20+ YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.||YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion||YouTube||YouTube||50+|
YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
|Compatibility||Mozilla and Chrome||Mozilla and Chrome||Mozilla and Chrome||Mozilla||Mozilla||Mozilla and Chrome|
|Supported Quality||480p to 1080p||540p to 1440p||720p||720 to 1080p||720||720 to 1080p|