TED is a video portal that promotes awareness of the world around you. Basically, shares some videos that explain the science between the things around us. The sites believed that spreading ideas to the new generation can help people address global issues targeting building a community that is knowledgeable about the events of the world. Although this a non-profit organization that began way back in 1984, this site continues to provide the service and even improved hosting conferences through TED-talks and TED-ed series. Moreover, you may find that videos being uploaded here needs to be shared with other people. It is best to download them for offline viewing. This is worth sharing to your kids, if you have one, in school if you are an educator or friends whom you want to be aware also. That being said, you will need a reliable downloader that can get videos from TED. Well, that’s going to be easy, we have reviewed some of the best options you can consider. The rest of the write up will be about TED talk video downloader software.
The first tool that you can consider using to download videos from TED is AceThinker Video Keeper. It is a professional tool that allows you to download videos easily with the use of a built-in detector. Although there are several applications that you can use online, only a few provide the same function. What it does is it has a built-in browser that lets you stream for the video directly and the tool downloads it at the same time. So while watching the tool is doing the download. Amazing right? This tool has a lot more to offer. You can try it to see its uniqueness compared to other tools out there. To get the app, please use the download buttons below.
After installing the app on your computer, follow the set-up guide to begin with free trial. If you want to have the best downloading experience, follow the step by step procedure below.
- Download videos manually: There are two tabs of the tool where you can download videos. The “Download” tab that can be referred to as manually downloading the video. This is dedicated to getting videos from video sharing sites that are less restrictive like Youtube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. All you need to do is copy the link of the video you want to download from the target site, then click the “Paste URL” button from the main interface. That way the video will be added to the download queue.
- Download videos using auto-detection: The other tab is intended to help users download videos without exerting too much effort. Yes! From “Download” switch tabs to “Detect”. From there you will see the built-in browser where you can directly search for the website where the target video is. Make sure to play the video, that way the tool will recognize and downloads it.
- NOTE: You always need to make sure that the auto-detector of the tool is always enabled for the tool to recognize the video being played. Locate it by looking at the left side of the interface. Make sure you will see “Disable Detector” otherwise its “Off.”
- Check downloaded video: To check all videos downloaded whether from the download tab or detect tab, go to “Completed” section under the download tab. To play it, use your computer mouse and double-click it. The built-in player will play the video for you.
Try It Free
If you are not ready for a professional app that requires premium account yet, Acethinker thought of opening the manual download to the public through Free Online Downloader. Yes, you can now download videos just by copying the target video. The tool was integrated into the website. It is a web-browser dependent then. You will need a working browser and reliable internet connection to do so. Are you getting curious about how does it work? Check the steps below to do so.
- Copy the link of the target video: First, you have to go to the target site and video. In this case, we will go to TED-talks site to see the reliability of the tool to this site. In this case, visit the official website of AceThinker Free Online Downloader to start downloading videos.
- Paste the link: Originally, you have to visit the official site to paste the URL. You won’t have to do it by now, thus we incorporated a shortcut download bar below. Paste the copied link to the URL below. To initiate the process, click the “Download” button.
- Download the video: Once the video is detected, another window will pop containing a list of download links on different formats. Choose the one that you need. It also provides MP3 format just in case you want to directly download an audio file. It’s like hitting two birds at the same time. To get the video saved on your PC. Use your computer mouse and hover it to the blue download button beside the format chosen. Just wait until the video is downloaded.
Specifically with TED-talks videos it is best to record the audio instead of downloading the videos. TED-talks videos are videos of speakers that are professional in their respective fields. So, its best get the audio file instead of downloading and converting the video. Free Online Audio Recorder by Acethinker is a web-based app that you can use anywhere as long you have have a working internet connection and a browser supported by the site. Anyway, all kinds of browsers are supported so you won’t have to think about that. This way you can record the video straight right on your computer. It can guarantee that the audio produces by the tool is as of the original track. To use it you have to go to the official page. However, since you are reading this now, we incorporated a shortcut button for you to try it without going back and forth.
- Start Recording: You can choose to play the video and press the record button at the same time or one after the other. For the tool, you have to click the “Red Circle” in the middle to start recording.
- Stop the Recording: From the interface launched, click the red square button to stop the recording. To pause it clicks the big button in the middle.
- Check recorded file: To check the recorded file, click the three lateral bars located at the bottom right-hand side of the interface. From there it will give you a list of the recorded file.
Last on the list is a downloader that can be integrated into a browser. If the free downloader is manual downloading, Video Download Professional is working like the auto-detection. You have to add this tool to your Google Chrome browser to be able to use it. This is also known as, a Chrome extension. First, add the extension to your browser and follow the steps below to proceed.
- First, you have to stream the video you wish to download. In this sample, a video from TED-talks will be streamed.
- Make sure to play the video that way the tool can detect it.
- Once the video is recognized, head up to the extension shortcut all the way to the end of the address bar of the webpage.
- Its icon is an “Arrow down” button. If you see that it is highlighted in blue that means the video has been recognized.
- Click it to see the download links available.
- Finally, to save the video to your computer, click the “Download” button beside the chosen. Just wait until the video is acquired.
All tools mentioned are all helpful and perfectly works with TED. If you can’t decide which one to use, then think about the benefits that you want to get on a specific tool. Acethinker free online downloader and Video download professional features are incorporated in one tool which is Video Keeper. If you think you need both, then go to the professional one. If you are being practical then go for the free ones. Furthermore, if you have questions or suggestions about the tool, leave us a message under the comment section below.