Today, there are lots of video streaming sites that you can visit to watch tutorials, blogs, movie trailers, short stories, and lots more. But not all of those streaming sites contain gaming videos, especially when you are looking for a walkthrough on a specific game. That’s why YouTube makes its way as the most trending and used video streaming site as of now because it has lots of gameplay videos, game walkthroughs, game trailers and news, and game streaming video in high-quality output. However, not all videos can be downloaded from YouTube due to some restrictions created by some video uploaders. In many cases, you will need to record YouTube game videos instead of downloading them directly. Here we will show you five reliable YouTube game recorders you can use for YouTube game video recording, and some of them can be used via mobile phone.
IceCream Screen Recorder is another excellent tool for screencasting video display. It can record game videos, along with its audio, without fail. You can also put drawings on the recordings to point out the important part of the video. Also, this tool is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Android phones in case you are using one of these devices. Furthermore, IceCream Screen Recorder has a game capture feature that focuses on recording a gameplay, because you can set the frame rate from 25 to 60fps for smooth graphics output. Read the simple steps below to know how to use this tool.
- Visit the official website of the IceCream Screen Recorder and download its installer. After that, follow the installation steps that appears when you launch it to install the tool.
- Once you installed IceCream on your PC, launch it, then click the “Rec” button to start recording.
- Then, play the video that you want to record on YouTube while screen casting.
- You can draw lines, shapes, and add text on your video. To do that, click the “Draw” button, and it will show you the tools that you can use for annotating video.
- Once you are finished, click the “Stop” button to end the recording. Also, a new tab will appear once you stop the recording process you can use it to watch the video by double-clicking it.
TIPS: IceCream Screen Recorder can also be installed on your Android mobile phone. You can download it by visiting the Google Play store and type the name “IceCream Screen Recorder” on the search bar. It will show you its apk file, which you can use to install it on your phone. After that, you can start screen recording with the help of the assistive touch that you can see at the side of your phone screen.
The next excellent tool that can record YouTube game videos is the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. This tool allows you screencast your display screen in a full-screen view and regional mode, and you can also take screenshots on the video while recording. In addition, you can put annotations on your recordings to enhance the video. Furthermore, after you record the video, you can save it directly on your PC, or you can upload instantly to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. Keep on reading below to see the steps on how to use this tool.
Step1 Download the installer and setup the tool
To get the tool, go to the website of AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro, and click the “Download” to grab its installer. You can also use one of the “Download” buttons below to download the installer quickly. Then, follow the installation wizard to install the tool. Once the tool is installed, launch it and play the video that you are about to record. Next, choose if you are recording in full-screen, or region mode to start the recording.
Try It Free
Step2 Begin recording
Once the frame is set and you are ready to go, just hit the “OK” button to begin recording the YouTube video. A 3-seconds countdown will appear for you to prepare for the recording process.
Step3 Finish recording and play the video
If you want to add annotations on your video, click the “Pen” icon button to see the editing toolbar where you can draw shapes, lines, and add texts on your video. Once done recording, you can end it by clicking the “Stop” button. After you finish the recording process, it will show you the list of all the recordings within the tool’s interface. From preview panel, right-click the recorded video that you wish to check, then click the “Preview” button.
The first video recorder that can easily record YouTube gaming videos is AceThinker Free Video Downloader Online. This web-based tool allows you to start recording videos with a single click, and it doesn’t require you to install anything on your PC, because it only needs a web browser and an internet connection to start the recording process. Also, this recorder lets you assign shortcut keys on your keyboard to use its functionality easier. To understand more about this tool, see the steps below on how to use this web-based recorder.
Step1 Visit the website
First, visit the official site of AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online and click the “Start recording”. You will then see the main interface of the program, giving you several options like recording mode and audio settings.
Step2 Start screen recording
Prior to recording, configure some settings. Simply click on the “Settings” icon from the main interface and adjust basic settings, video format, bitrate, etc. Remember to turn the system sound on so you can record the visual along with the audio of the video. Next, drag the video frame onto the video that you are trying to record and proceed to record. To start recording, click the red “REC” button and choose the video output if it is in region mode or full-screen mode. It will automatically start recording after choosing an option.
Step3 Finish recording
While the recording is taking place, you may add some annotations by clicking on the “Pencil-like” icon. The editing toolbar should show up, which allows you to add texts, objects, and figures on the recording. If you are done with the recording and annotation, hit the “Stop” icon to end the session. A media player will instantly appear, allowing you to view the recording from beginning to end. To proceed and keep the video, click the “Upload” icon at the bottom right corner. You have a list of options like save it as a video file, GIF, edit video or share to social networking sites.
Another screen recorder tool to capture game videos on YouTube is the Camtasia. You can not only record videos, but you can also make video demos. Another good thing about this tool is you can edit the recorded videos like trimming, choosing transition, animate, putting voice narration, and more. Also, like other screen recorder tools, you can set the video output to full-screen, region mode, or wherever your mouse is pointing. It can be beneficial when you are making a business presentation, school projects, or gameplay tutorials. Additionally, Camtasia allows you to put narrations while having background music. For further understanding, below are the steps on how to use Camtasia.
How to use Camtasia
- The first thing you need to do is download the installer in the Camtasia website.
- Then, launch it, and proceed on following the installation guide to install Camtasia on your PC.
- After that, stream the game video that you want to record in YouTube, then run the tool and choose if you are going to record in full-screen, or region mode and click the red “Rec” button to start recording.
- You can end the recording by clicking the “Stop” button once you are done. After that, the tool will show you its interface where you edit your video.
- Within the tool’s built-in editing tool, you can draw shapes, lines, and a dialogue box with text under the “Annotations” tab. Also, click the “Share” button to save your recorded video on your PC, or upload it directly to Screencast.com, Vimeo, YouTube, and Google Drive.
CamStudio is undoubtedly one of the best screen recorders nowadays. With its easy-to-navigate interface, you can start recording game videos with few simple steps. Also, CamStudio can perfectly capture screen videos with its audio for better viewing. You can put annotations in real-time to enhance the recording, especially if the video is for a game tutorial. Furthermore, it allows users to put links on the recordings, which can be helpful for viewers who want to visit the web page of a game that is being reviewed. First and foremost, we listed the steps below on how to use CamStudio.
Record YouTube Video Games with CamStudio
- Go to the CamStudio official site to download its installer. Then, continue on installing the tool by following the installation guideline.
- Once done, launch it, and click the “Record” button to start recording, and streaming game video on YouTube while screencasting.
- Once the game video has ended, and when you are done recording, you can complete the record by clicking the “Stop” button within the CamStudio interface. Then, choose the file location where you want to save the video file.
- After you end the recording process, you can watch the recorded video to by going to the file location you selected.
- Choose the video file and press the “Enter” button to play it. You can also double-click the video to start the playback.