Recording screen activity sometimes is quite necessary when you want to make a video tutorial, record the gameplay videos, or capture online streaming videos. To help you narrow down the selection, here we have listed the top 10 ones according to our research. You can click the button below to get one of the best screen recorders – Screen Grabber Pro.Try It Free
Fancy revealing to others how big name games are played on YouTube? Do you desire to create demos to display your applications, or to let others know how to utilize the specific software? Nevertheless, you ought to be very careful – many screen recording programs are going to add ugly watermarks into your videos or allow you to record few videos only before requiring cash, so it’s important to choose the correct screen recorder first to prevent unexpected outcomes. Below is our selection of the top screen recordersFancy revealing to others how big name games are played on YouTube? Do you desire to create demos to display your applications, or to let others know how to utilize the specific software? Nevertheless, you ought to be very careful – many screen recording programs are going to add ugly watermarks into your videos or allow you to record few videos only before requiring cash, so it’s important to choose the correct screen recorder first to prevent unexpected outcomes. Below is our selection of the top screen recorders for Windows and Mac, including both the free ones and paid ones. All of them will assist you in recording or streaming expert-quality video through your webcam or desktop.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro is a great screen recording tool that enables you to record any area of your computer screen. You can either capture the screen as a video or screenshot. By following the intuitive interface, you will be able to create high-quality videos with annotations. Games, webinars, video chats, mouse activities, online videos and more can be recorded with this program.
Step1 Download and Install the ApplicationUse the shortcut buttons below. To install the app, follow the set-up wizard until the tool is launched.
Try It Free
Step2 Select the Recording Mode and Start Recording
Click on the “Record” button and select the recording mode according to your need. Select whether you will capture a region or full-screen. If you want to add webcam on your recording, click the “Webcam” icon. Then click the “Record” button again to start recording.
Step3 Annotate while recording and finish recording
While recording you can add annotations to your recording with the use of the “Pen” icon in the floating toolbar under the capture frame. You can insert circles, arrows, texts, and more to annotate the video. Click the “Stop” button to end it. The video recording will then be stopped and the file will be saved onto your local drive.
- Modern and friendly interface
- Record full screen, region , webcam and even around mouse
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- Save the recording to MP4, WMV, FLV, AVI, GIF and more formats
- Capture screenshots from your screen
- Schedule recording tasks ahead
- Upload recorded video to YouTube or FTP
- The free trial version has limitations on the recording time
- There will be watermark on the output video
- Video editing functions are relatively simple
In case you need to take a record of a tutorial, presentation, software demonstration, you can try using the AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder. It is built to be used on browsers, which implies it’s not proper for games. However, it’s perfect for other tasks. The moment you finished, the recording can be saved as a GIF file or video, directly upload it to Vimeo or YouTube, or transfer it to Dropbox or Google Drive. Check the steps below to use the application.
Step1 Launch the application
Launch your web browser and go to AceThinker Online Screen Recorder, click “Start Recording” to run the app. You need to install a launcher the first time you use this recording app.
Step2 Customize the Capture Region and Start Recording
One the application is launched on your computer, you can now customize the size of the capture area. Drag a region on your screen and adjust each vertex to suit the size that you want. Press “Rec” to start the recording.
Step3 Annotate while recording and stop recording
Make a real-time editor while recording with the use of the “Pen” icon on the recording toolbar under the capture frame. Drag down the “Pen” icon to see the editing tools like arrows, shapes, text and more. When you want to end the recording, just press the “Stop” button. The file will be saved on your computer’s local disk. Preview the recorded video with the built-in media player, select any video clip that you want to save by dragging the timeline bar. And then click the “Save” button, AceThinker will ask you where to save the recorded video. You can save the file either as a video or GIF file. You can also upload the video to hosting websites directly.
- It does not have watermarks or time limits
- It provides you many options for export
- It does not work without Internet
- It does not have built in editor
Open Broadcaster Software is an open and entirely free software for video recording and live streaming. It is a powerful video and audio recorder that can give you the professional results you want to achieve. Due to OBS Studio’s ability to record from your graphics memory card straight, it’s capable of capturing games operating in full-screen form (lots of different screen recorders only this capacity of recording when windowed the game), with hotkeys that are customizable to manage the recording. Setting it up to suit your taste might delay a bit, but the OBS studio remains as one of the best as well as the most robust screen recorder gamers should use. However, the interface of OBS is kind of hard to operate and it might give you a hard time to familiarize yourself with its functions.
- Install the software by visiting the official website, and then download the installer.
- Run the installer after download, and follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
- After installation, launch the tool to reach the main interface. From there, click the “Add” button for the “Scenes” tab.
- After that, click the “Add” button of the “Sources” tab and choose “Display Capture” as the mode.
- Start recording by hitting the “Start Recording” button. Once done recording, hit the “Stop Recording” button to save the video.
- HD recording and streaming
- No video length restrictions
- Setup delay a bit
Flashback Express is designed with tools and features that match lots of premium software. It has a less intimidating interface, unlike OBS Studio. With the use of this tool, you can carry out a recording from your entire screen, a selected area, a webcam, or a window. The tool supports various video formats, and can even record audio files. The clarity of the output file is superb because Flashback Express, supports 4k resolution. The tool is also equipped with a built-in video editor feature. Here you can then trim and crop it to match what you desire, and proceed to export it to an FTP server, YouTube, or even your PC.
- A lot of control over video and audio settings
- You can capture web cam images and integrate with the screen session
- You can also hide desktop icons automatically during recording
- It allows you to save the outputs to AVI, or SWF or FLV Flash files
- It has built-in YouTube and Blip.tv uploaders
- The built-in Editor Timeline is a tease because there’s nothing you can edit with it unless you purchase a Standard or Pro version
- There is no panning to follow the cursor
This is an open-sourced screen recorder created to take desktop and webcam footage – usually non-in-game activity. TinyTake is free to use, which is why it is one of the most used screen recorder around the world. The tool can capture HD quality videos which are great for uploading on video hosting and sharing sites. Recording screen activities with TinyTake is straightforward because it does not have any confusing buttons and options to toggle first. The moment you are done recording, you can proceed to preview your video and then export it to your storage disk (hard drive), to the cloud service of TinyTake that allows you to use 2GB for storing clips, or to YouTube. You can also find tools like annotations which is only available to the TinyTake’s pro versions.
- It has a bonus 2GB cloud storage
- There is no watermark in the recordings done with this app
- This tool limits you up to five minutes of clips per time
- It does not have enough tools for editing
There are two qualities of Xsplit has a recording and streaming software such as Gamecaster and Broadcaster. The first one is designed mainly for gamers. The tool is capable of recording gameplay and webcam view for commentaries simultaneously which is why it is mainly preferred by users. Additionally, the tool is fairly easy to use because it does not have any complicated buttons. Another is a more traditional software for screen recording. This screen recorder has three tiers: personal (for streamers), free, and then premium (for business use). Nevertheless, the simple interface of Xsplit may make that bargain useful if you just plan to post to YouTube at the conventional definition.
- It can take input from whatever source, including a webcam, video card, media file, your screen, or a particular application
- the outcome can be shown as video file or can be streamed directly via Twitch, Facebook Live and YouTube Live
- The open/free version adds a watermark to recordings above 60fps or over 720p resolutions
Despite that it appears to be fashioned to be used by games, Smart Pixel can record anything that can be shown on screen. Since it is fashioned to be used mainly for games, recording can be done with ease and coherence, and it is not easily noticed as you play. High video compression technology is employed by Smart Pixel to make videos that are high in quality so as to enhance on disk space utilization
- Record with frame rates that are higher
- HD videos are recorded, and disk space is enhanced
- What is on your webcam and monitor can be recorded at the same time on the picture -in-picture mode
- Clipping, merging, adding subtitles and dubbing are part of the post-editing functions
- Does not support audio settings
- Video editing is rather complicated
With ScreenFlow, all the things on your computer can be captured at the same time, including your whole monitor area, webcam, microphone, and computer audio. Screenflow also allows you to record and edit your Video and share it on various social media platforms.
- Editing can be done after the recording
- Free version has no time restriction
- It is only suitable on Mac
- Videos made in free version are watermarked
- To upgrade from past versions, you must pay
Any area of your screen can be captured either as a screenshot a video or graphic recording if you with the use of this Screen Recorder. The Screen Recorder claims a spontaneous interface which is very easy to use with a range of opinions and tools. Screen Recorder creates videos of games, webinars, as well as Skype discussion in a way that it looks professional.
- You can annotate while recording by adding outline, arrows,text, and more
- Screen recording can be done with webcam
- With the free version, only 10 minutes of recording time is allowed
- WEBM is the only video format with free version that is accessible
Like the other program, Camtasia is also good for the screen and video recording. If you want to record with no limitation, pay for the Pro version of this tool. This program is also suitable for editing, adding annotation and animations to the recording.
- Camtasia is also capable of recording powerpoint presentations and do tutorials
- Multiple audio and video tracks can be recorded
- Camtasia has built-in editor for trimming videos
- Exhibition of full software is only free for 30 days
You have got the options of both free and paid top screen recording software on the market. When capturing your computer desktop screen activities, it’s important to select a good tool so that the final recorded video is in high quality. A video that is looking professional when added to your tutorial, blog post, or review will certainly increase your viewer’s engagement. Now you don’t need to search for the best screen recorders as the 10 best ones have been highlighted here. No matter you are an educator, teacher, blogger, game player, etc., you can just select one from the list and start the screencast recording.