The Screenr online program allows you to record anything on your computer’s screen. While it captures the video, it can also record audio as well. You do have to specify the source of the audio: either onboard sound or from a microphone. If you have an account at Screenr.com you can publish your file right away on their convenient hosting. This is one solution for people who wish to share their embedded video file on their blog, social media pages or message boards. Unfortunately, Screenr is no longer supported by the publisher so you need to find an alternative if you want to this type of service. We have collected a few options that are not only as good as this one was but quite a bit more advanced as well.
This article will give you reviews on various different alternatives that are available to Screenr.
Online Recorder for Windows/Mac
Anyone using a browser can use the Free Online Screen Recorder. This simple to use app allows you to select a region of the screen to record or to focus on the entire thing at once. It also integrates with your Webcam for even more recording options. While the screen is being recorded, you can add extras to the video such as text, lines and arrows. With Windows Online Screen Recorder, all video files you make or saved directly to your hard drive or can be uploaded right away to YouTube or another video sharing sites. As long as you are running a Windows machine, this free program is the best Screenr alternative.
These easy steps will get you recording your screencast in no time:
1. Visit this page and activate the app on your computer. Simply press the "Start Recording" button. Please note that the first time you run it, you will need to go through a quick installation process for the launcher.
2. After the user interface shows up, choose your custom video and audio modes and, if desired, delve into the "Options" and you to make other changes to the default settings.
3. Click on "REC" on the toolbar to begin recording.
4. To pause the process at any time, click on the blue button. When the recording is finished, click the same blue button but then also select the check mark to complete the file.
5. Your video can now be previewed and either saved to your hard drive, external storage or upload it directly to a video sharing sites such as YouTube.
Desktop Recorder for Windows
If you ever want to record your computer screen while not connected to the Internet, you can try the stable program called Screen Grabber Pro. It has all the features that were listed for the online program described above, but it also lets you take simple screenshots and even supports task scheduling. This means you can record your screen even when you are not on your computer.
Listed below are the steps:
1. Download the program and install it on your computer. Activate the program and you will get to the interface.
2. Use your mouse to click the first icon on top menu. This will make a small menu drop-down where you can select different recording modes such as full screen, region and others. Region mode requires that you click and drag your mouse to select the area of the screen you want to be recorded.
3. Click "OK" to begin the recording process.
4. When the desired video is complete, click "Stop" and the file will be saved to your hard drive and added to a list of recorded files in the application. More features about this screen capture program can be read on the product page.
Trafalgar has reviewed many software solutions in terms of multimedia, working efficiency, communication and more. He's keen to the strengths and weakness of each tool in evaluation. You could easily find out the best solutions for your needs in his articles regarding screencasts and video downloads.