ScreenFlow is one of the best screen recorder tools that can record your screen without any hassle. However, the app is only available for installing to Mac, and it seems the developer has no plans yet to release the Windows version. But don’t worry, we got you covered here. Scroll down into this article and find out six-best alternative screen recording tools for ScreenFlow. Rest assured that these apps are available for Windows users. Additionally, one app from the list is available for Android devices if in case you also want to record your phone activity.
When talking about ScreenFlow Windows alternatives, we can’t miss AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. The same as ScreenFlow, it’s one of the best screen recording programs that are suitable for screen, video and game recording. Moreover, there is a built-in editor that allows you to annotate the recording in real time if needed. Below is a simple user guide on how to use this program to capture your computer screen.
Step1 Download and launch the tool
Click the button below to download Screen Grabber Pro and install it on your computer. As you see, this program also has a Mac version available, which can also serve as a decent alternative to ScreenFlow for Mac. After downloading, follow the wizard to set up the program and launch it to continue.
Try It Free
Step2 Choose the recording and audio mode
After installing, launch the tool, then select the recording mode you need. You will be able to record the whole screen, capture a specific area, record webcam, or only capture the audio. You can also configure the audio sources, click this button. Then you can choose to enable the microphone, system sound or both. You can also adjust the volume on this part. When you have everything set up to your individual preference, click “Record” and choose whether you will capture partial or full screen.
Step3 Initiate the recording
Once everything is adjusted, press the Start button which will initiate the recording process, where a new toolbar will appear under the frame around the capture region where you can enhance your creation by including annotation and other highlighting functions. When you are completely finished with recording what you wished, then you can finally click the “Publish/Stop” button (red square). Then it will be in the task list on the main interface, where you can play the video, upload new content, locate the file, and more.
Screencast O Matic is another good online screencasting application that can be used as an alternative to ScreenFlow for PC. It allows you to capture videos, PC screen, webcam and record voice which can be saved in various formats. This tool offers the Pro which is paid and Free Version but there are cons in using these. In Pro Version, there are limited editing options. On the other hand, in a free version, full-screen recording is not allowed and will not be able to put a computer audio system. You can see the steps on how to use this tool as you continue reading the article.
How to use Screencast O Matic
- Before initiating the recording, choose whether you will capture full screen, webcam or both.
- The recording will only take for about 15 minutes long. For the other functions, you can customize your screen, put narration and put audios.
- When all the settings are done, hit the red recording button to start the capturing process. During the recording, you can pause, resume or preview and restart.
- Click done to stop the recording. After the recording, you can trim the start and end of the video. You can save it on your video files. Upload it on Screen O Matic or YouTube.
Bandicam Screen Recorder is one of the most advanced lightweight screen recorders available online that is designed to work smoothly on Windows 10 systems. It is best for gameplay or recording video tutorials on any PC with speed and quality. However, this tool is incompatible with Mac OS. Finally, it also allows you to edit videos that you have been captured to create your own unique masterpiece with options such as that you can trim, cut and add watermark for protection of your video.
How to Use Bandicam
- To use the application, you need to download it first from Bandicam Screen Recorder site . Then install it on your computer.
- You can choose a rectangle area, full screen, around a mouse, for the recording mode. You can also drag a region on your video and adjust each vertex to customize the size of the screen that suits your preference.
- Go to the video sharing site and open the video that you want to record.
- When you are ready, simply click the “Rec” button that you can see on the upper right corner of the application’s main interface.
- This tool provides built-in editing tools where you can add annotations while recording. Click the “Pen” icon located on the upper-right side of the application’s main interface.
- Then you will see all the options in editing such as lines, put numbers, add text to express your feeling or idea about the video, and more.
- When you are done recording, press the red “Square” button that you can see on the upper right of the main toolbar. Next, the recorded file will be automatically listed on the application’s interface.
- Afterward, a pop-up window will appear where you can also edit the video after the recording. You can trim the start and end of the video that you want to save.
Other applications are needed to be paid like Camtasia. This tool offers a free trial for how many days. This tool allows you to record your screen in which you can add webcams in the recording and audios in the tracks. You can capture your computer any computer activities on Windows 10 systems like gameplay, tutorials, live videos, and more. Then save the recorded video on your computer afterward. It is also possible to edit the videos and audios separately. And the good thing is it as well automatically save the recording files. The files can be saved in different formats such as MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI and many more.
How to Use Camtasia
- Visit the official page of Camtasia to download the application on your computer.
- To customize the capture settings, choose the custom button to change the captured area, the camera button to enable the webcam recording and the audio button to choose what audio is recording.
- Then click the “Rec” button to initiate the recording. When you are done with the recording, click the “Stop” icon from the floating tool.
- If you are not happy with your recording, choose the “Delete” button beside the “Stop” button and try again.
- From the Camtasia editor, you can see a timeline where you can range and edit your clips.
- On the left corner of the editor, you can see the tools panel where your recorded file is stored along with shapes, animations, effects and more.
- When finished, save the recorded file on your computer. Click the “Share” icon on the upper-right corner to also share it on different video sharing websites.
If you’re looking for free ScreenFlow alternatives for Windows, you can consider the web-based screen recorders as most of them are free. AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is just such a program that can serve as the ScreenFlow replacement for PC. It allows you to record screen, save online classes, tutorials, live streaming videos, video chats, and many other activities. You can also configure your audio output by setting it as a microphone, system sound or both. With it, you will be able to record any screen activity without limitations.
Step1 Download and Install the Program
To start using the tool, visit the official website of Free Online Screen Recorder and click the “Start Recording” button to initiate the tool. Wait until the recorder is launched on your PC.
Step2 Customize Region and Start Recording
After that customize the size of the capture area either in full-screen mode, region or according to your preferred size. Then click the “Rec” button to begin the recording process.
Step3 Annotate and Stop Recording
While recording you can make a real-time annotation using the “Pen” icon from the floating toolbar where you can add texts, arrows, shapes, and highlights. Here, you can also change the color of the annotations. Once you are ready to stop your recording, simply click the red “Square” button. Also, this web-based tool gives you the opportunity to have a preview of your recording. You have the option to save the file as Video file or GIF File. You can also share it to different video sharing sites.
If you are looking for a screen recorder like ScreenFlow for iOS devices, then RecMe: Call Recorder is your best choice on our list. This app is considered as one of the best screen recorders for iOS, because it lets users record without a time limit, for free. Also, RecMe Free Screen Recorder does not require your iOS phone to be. In fact, this app can produce HD quality record videos, which can be helpful whenever you want to record your gameplay and share it online. Moreover, you can put annotations on the recording in real-time. To know more about RecMe Free Screen Recorder, see the steps below.
How to Use RecMe: Call Recorder
- You can start on visiting the App Store on your iOS phone. From there, search the name of the app to install the app on your phone.
- Click the “Record” button while playing, watching videos, or having a video call to record it automatically. A floating toolbar that you can use for pausing, putting annotations, and stopping the recording will appear when it starts.
- Once you are done recording, click the “Stop” button to end it. You can watch the recorded videos by clicking the “Menu” button and select “My Recordings” to show all the recording that has been saved on your phone. Just click the video to play instantly.
Now recording screen has become quite a common thing: create instructional video, record online courses, capture live streaming videos, record webinars, etc. When making a screencast, it’s important to get an efficient tool that provides you high quality videos. ScreenFlow is one of the top screen capture programs for Mac, but it’s only available for Mac. If you’re a Windows user, you can make user of the recommended ScreenFlow Windows alternative tools according to your preferences. In this article, 5 alternatives to ScreenFlow are recommended and you can simply get one to experience the fantastic world of screen recording. If you know any other good ScreenFlow for Windows applications, please share it with us by leaving a comment below.