ScreenFlow is one of the most competent screen recorders that people can use. However, this desktop recorder is only available on Mac, which leaves Windows users out of the picture. This is a main concern, because there are many Windows users who want to experience the capabilities of ScreenFlow when it comes to recording. One example is the ability to simultaneously record audio and video together. However, this is impossible at the moment which leaves you the option to use other alternatives. Luckily, this post features some of the best ScreenFlow for Windows ScreenFlow is one of the most competent screen recorders that people can use. However, this desktop recorder is only available on Mac, which leaves Windows users out of the picture. This is a main concern, because there are many Windows users who want to experience the capabilities of ScreenFlow when it comes to recording. One example is the ability to simultaneously record audio and video together. However, this is impossible at the moment which leaves you the option to use other alternatives. Luckily, this post features some of the best ScreenFlow for Windows alternatives that you can use.
When talking about ScreenFlow Windows alternative, we can’t miss AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. The same as ScreenFlow, it’s one of the best screen recording programs that are suitable for screen, video and game recording. Moreover, there is a built-in editor that allows you to annotate the recording in real time if needed. Below is a simple user guide on how to use this program to capture your computer screen.
Step1 Download and launch the tool
Click the button below to download Screen Grabber Pro and install it on your computer. As you see, this program also has a Mac version available, which can also serve as a decent alternative to ScreenFlow for Mac. After downloading, follow the wizard to set up the program and launch it to continue.
Try It Free
Step2 Choose the recording and audio mode
After installing, launch the tool, then select the recording mode you need. You will be able to record the whole screen, capture a specific area, record webcam, or only capture the audio. You can also configure the audio sources, click this button. Then you can choose to enable the microphone, system sound or both. You can also adjust the volume on this part. When you have everything set up to your individual preference, click “Record” and choose whether you will capture partial or full screen.
Step3 Initiate the recording and save the video
Once everything is adjusted, press the Start button which will initiate the recording process, where a new toolbar will appear under the frame around the capture region where you can enhance your creation by including annotation and other highlighting functions. When you are completely finished with recording what you wished, then you can finally click the “Publish/Stop” button (red square). Then it will be in the task list on the main interface, where you can play the video, upload new content, locate the file, and more.
Screencast O Matic is another good online screencasting application that can be used as an alternative to ScreenFlow for PC. It allows you to capture videos, PC screen, webcam and record voice which can be saved in various formats. This tool offers the Pro which is paid and Free Version but there are cons in using these. In Pro Version, there are limited editing options. On the other hand, in a free version, full-screen recording is not allowed and will not be able to put a computer audio system. You can see the steps on how to use this tool as you continue reading the article.
How to use Screencast O Matic
- Before initiating the recording, choose whether you will capture full screen, webcam or both.
- The recording will only take for about 15 minutes long. For the other functions, you can customize your screen, put narration and put audios.
- When all the settings are done, hit the red recording button to start the capturing process. During the recording, you can pause, resume or preview and restart.
- Click done to stop the recording. After the recording, you can trim the start and end of the video. You can save it on your video files. Upload it on Screen O Matic or YouTube.
Bandicam Screen Recorder is one of the most advanced lightweight Screenflow free alternative screen recorder available online that is designed to work smoothly on Windows 10 systems. It is best for gameplay or recording video tutorials on any PC with speed and quality. However, this tool is incompatible with Mac OS. Finally, it also allows you to edit videos that you have been captured to create your own unique masterpiece with options such as that you can trim, cut and add watermark for protection of your video.
How to Use Bandicam
- Download the installer of Bandicam from its official website.
- Launch the installer on the PC and then follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
- After installation, launch the tool from the desktop and the main interface will appear. From the home screen, choose the recording mode that you want to use.
- Once settled on what to record, hit the “Record” button and then the recording process will commence.
- To end the recording, hit the “Stop” button and the video will be then saved on the PC.
Other applications are needed to be paid like Camtasia which is also a great Screenflow for Windows 10 alternative. This tool offers a free trial for how many days. This tool allows you to record your screen in which you can add webcams in the recording and audios in the tracks. You can capture your computer any computer activities on Windows 10 systems like gameplay, tutorials, live videos, and more. Then save the recorded video on your computer afterward. It is also possible to edit the videos and audios separately. And the good thing is it as well automatically save the recording files. The files can be saved in different formats such as MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI and many more.
How to Use Camtasia
- Visit the official page of Camtasia to download the application on your computer.
- After download, launch the installer and proceed to the installation process.
- Then click the “Rec” button to initiate the recording. When you are done with the recording, click the “Stop” icon from the floating tool.
- On the left corner of the editor, you can see the tools panel where your recorded file is stored along with shapes, animations, effects and more.
- When finished, save the recorded file on your computer. Click the “Share” icon on the upper-right corner to also share it on different video sharing websites.
Instead of choosing to download Screenflow for Windows, you can consider the web-based screen recorders as most of them are free. AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is just such a program that can serve as the ScreenFlow replacement for PC. It allows you to record screen, save online classes, tutorials, live streaming videos, video chats, and many other activities. You can also configure your audio output by setting it as a microphone, system sound or both. With it, you will be able to record any screen activity without limitations.
Step1 Download and Install the Program
To start using the tool, visit the official website of Free Online Screen Recorder and click the “Start Recording” button to initiate the tool. Wait until the recorder is launched on your PC.
Step2 Customize Region and Start Recording
After that customize the size of the capture area either in full-screen mode, region or according to your preferred size. Then click the “Rec” button to begin the recording process.
Step3 Annotate and Stop Recording
While recording you can make a real-time annotation using the “Pen” icon from the floating toolbar where you can add texts, arrows, shapes, and highlights. Here, you can also change the color of the annotations. Once you are ready to stop your recording, simply click the red “Square” button. Also, this web-based tool gives you the opportunity to have a preview of your recording. You have the option to save the file as Video file or GIF File. You can also share it to different video sharing sites.
If you are looking for a screen recorder like ScreenFlow for iOS devices, then RecMe: Call Recorder is your best choice on our list. This app is considered as one of the best screen recorders for iOS, because it lets users record without a time limit, for free. Also, RecMe Free Screen Recorder does not require your iOS phone to be. In fact, this app can produce HD quality record videos, which can be helpful whenever you want to record your gameplay and share it online. Moreover, you can put annotations on the recording in real-time. To know more about RecMe Free Screen Recorder, see the steps below.
How to Use RecMe: Call Recorder
- You can start on visiting the App Store on your iOS phone. From there, search the name of the app to install the app on your phone.
- Click the “Record” button while playing, watching videos, or having a video call to record it automatically. A floating toolbar that you can use for pausing, putting annotations, and stopping the recording will appear when it starts.
- Once you are done recording, click the “Stop” button to end it. You can watch the recorded videos by clicking the “Menu” button and select “My Recordings” to show all the recording that has been saved on your phone. Just click the video to play instantly.
If you are looking for a powerful screen recorder built-in for iPhones and iPad, you can use DU Recorder. A unique function of this app is that it can share the screen recording to Twitch, Facebook, or YouTube directly. Additionally, it allows users to save the record into high-quality resolution. Besides, it lets users control the whole process like pausing and resuming the recording anytime they want. Aside from its recording function, it also provides an intuitive video editor to polish the recorded file. Regarding this video editor, it enables users to add background music, filters, and stickers to the recorded video and make it more stunning. Despite that, users will need to buy its licensed version to enjoy all of its features. Follow the steps provided here to learn how to use it.
- First, click the link provided here to access the App Store and install DU Recorder. Once installed, launch it on your iPhone or iPad to access the main interface.
- From the main interface of the app, hit “Record to Local Device” and tap the “Start” button to continue.
- Next, the app will transfer you to a new menu. From here, choose “DU Recorder” from the list and hit “Start Broadcast” to begin the recording.
- Once done, reaccess DU Recorder to tap “Stop Broadcast,” and it will save the recording automatically. Finally, go to the “Videos” tab of the app to watch the recorded file.
Now recording screen has become quite a common thing: create instructional video, record online courses, capture live streaming videos, record webinars, etc. When making a screencast, it’s important to get an efficient tool that provides you high quality videos. ScreenFlow is one of the top screen capture programs for Mac, but it’s only available for Mac. If you’re a Windows user, you can make user of the recommended ScreenFlow alternative tools according to your preferences. In this article, 5 alternatives to ScreenFlow are recommended and you can simply get one to experience the fantastic world of screen recording. If you know any other good Windows applications, please share it with us by leaving a comment below.