ScreenFlow is one of the most competent screen recorders that people can use. However, this desktop recorder is only available on Mac, which leaves Windows users out of the picture. It is the main concern because many Windows users want to experience ScreenFlow's capabilities when recording. One example is the ability to record audio and video together simultaneously. However, this is impossible at the moment, which leaves you the option to use other alternatives. Luckily, this post features some of the best ScreenFlow for Windows alternatives that you can use.
Acethinker Screen Grabber Premium
When it comes to ScreenFlow alternative for Windows, Acethinker Screen Grabber Premium is one of the best solutions. It is similar to ScreenFlow, wherein it allows you to record all the activities on your computer screen without any limitations. It can also be perfect to use, especially if you want to record your gameplay with audio and share it with your friend's social media accounts like Facebook. Aside from that, it allows you to record live streaming videos from all popular video hosting websites such as YouTube and capture online lectures for offline viewing.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Set-up the Program and Launch the tool on your PC
To start using this tool, choose one of the "Download" buttons provided and wait for it to completely download its installer. Follow the given instructions to save it on your PC. After that, open the tool and start using it.
Step 2 Configure the Settings
Once installed, configure the settings of the tool by clicking the "Three-lines" icon at the upper right corner of the interface and select "Preferences". From here, you can see all the settings option of the tool. Make your preferred recording settings by selecting from the given options. Click "Ok" to save changes.
Step 3 Record your Screen according to your Preferences
Once you are decided from your recording, you can now click the "Video Recorder" button from the main interface of the recorder and you can decide if what frame rate you want to use by clicking from the "Custom" option. Besides, you have to make sure that the "System Sound" and "Microphone" option are turned to record a better quality. Then, click the "Rec" button and a countdown will show to start the recording.
Step 4 Save and Play the Recorded Video
From here, you have to hit the "Red" icon that you can see from the floating toolbar to stop the recording. A window will then appear that shows all the recorded videos made by you. After that, hit the "Save" button to located at the lower right portion of the tool to completely save the video on your computer.
Screencast O Matic
Screencast O Matic is another good online screencasting application that can be used as an alternative to ScreenFlow for PC. It allows you to capture videos, PC screen, webcam and record voice which can be saved in various formats. This tool offers the Pro, which is paid and Free Version, but there are cons in using these. In the Pro Version, there are limited editing options. On the other hand, is a free version, the full-screen recording is not allowed and will not be able to put a computer audio system. You can see the steps on how to use this tool as you continue reading the article.
How to use Screencast O Matic
- Before initiating the recording, choose whether you will capture full screen, webcam, etc.
- The recording will only take for about 15 minutes long. For the other functions, you can customize your screen, put narration and put audios.
- When all the settings are done, hit the red recording button to start the capturing process. During the recording, you can pause, resume or preview and restart.
- Click done to stop the recording. After the recording, you can trim the start and end of the video. You can save it on your video files. Upload it on Screen O Matic or YouTube.
Bandicam Screen Recorder
Bandicam Screen Recorder is one of the most advanced lightweight Screenflow free alternative screen recorders designed to work smoothly on Windows 10 systems. It is best for gameplay or recording video tutorials on any PC with speed and quality. However, this tool is incompatible with Mac OS. Finally, it allows you to edit videos to trim, cut, and add watermark for your video's protection.
How to Use Bandicam
- Save the Bandicam on your computer by visiting its official site and hit the "Download" button to get its installer.
- Open the installer of program on your PC and you can see its installation guideline and follow it to completely install the tool on your PC.
- Then, you can access the tools main interface. From here, select the recording mode that you wish to use.
- Once selected, you can now click the "Record" button to begin the recording process.
- Ofcourse we have to end the recording, to end, click the "Stop" button to automatically saved the video on your computer.
Other applications are needed to be paid like Camtasia, which is also a great Screenflow for Windows 10 alternative. This tool offers a free trial for how many days. This tool allows you to record your screen in which you can add webcams in the recording and audios in the tracks. You can capture your computer any computer activities on Windows 10 systems like gameplay, tutorials, live videos, and more. Then save the recorded video on your computer afterward. It is also possible to edit the videos and audios separately. And the good thing is it as well automatically save the recording files. The files can be saved in different formats such as MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI, and many more.
How to Use Camtasia
- Visit the official page of Camtasia to download the application on your computer.
- After download, launch the installer and proceed to the installation process.
- Then click the "Rec" button to initiate the recording. When you are done with the recording, click the "Stop" icon from the floating tool.
- On the left corner of the editor, you can see the tools panel where your recorded file is stored along with shapes, animations, effects and more.
- When finished, save the recorded file on your computer. Click the "Share" icon on the upper-right corner to also share it on different video sharing websites.
AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder
Instead of choosing to download Screenflow for Windows, you can consider the web-based screen recorders as most of them are free. AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is just such a program that can serve as the ScreenFlow replacement for PC. It allows you to record screen, save online classes, tutorials, live streaming videos, video chats, and many other activities. You can also configure your audio output by setting it as a microphone, system sound, or both. With it, you will be able to record any screen activity without limitations.
Step 1 Download and Install the Program
To start using the tool, visit the official website of Free Online Screen Recorder and click the "Start Recording" button to initiate the tool. Wait until the recorder is launched on your PC.
Step 2 Customize Region and Start Recording
After customizing, the size of the capture area either in full-screen mode, region or according to your preferred size. Then click the "Rec" button to begin the recording process.
Step 3 Annotate and Stop Recording
While recording, you can make a real-time annotation using the "Pen" icon from the floating toolbar where you can add texts, arrows, shapes, and highlights. Here, you can also change the color of the annotations. Once you are ready to stop your recording, click the red "Square" button. Also, this web-based tool allows you to have a preview of your record. You have the option to save the file as a Video file or GIF File. You can also share it to different video sharing sites.
The recording screen has become quite common: create an instructional video, record online courses, capture live streaming videos, record webinars, etc. When making a screencast, it's essential to get an efficient tool that provides you high-quality videos. ScreenFlow is one of the top screen capture programs for Mac, but it's only available for Mac. If you're a Windows user, you can use the recommended ScreenFlow alternative tools according to your preferences. In this article, five alternatives to ScreenFlow are recommended. You can get one to experience the fantastic world of screen recording. If you know any other suitable Windows applications, please share it with us by leaving a comment below.