There are various reasons why people record Windows 10 screen There are various reasons why people record Windows 10 screen. One reason is they want to watch a live online stream, but they have to go to work, so they record it instead for later viewing. Some people do it for their hobbies like doing vlogs and other online journal stuff. This is also true for people who do online tutorial about technical stuff that are hard to explain but easier when shown. However, with so many screen recorders for Windows 10 out there, it’s hard to know which one actually works. Here we will discuss 5 of the best screen recording programs for Windows 10 that you can use to record desktop in Windows 10.
Screen Grabber Pro - Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10
The first screen recording software for Windows 10 on the list is Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro. This is a screen recorder that offers seamless screen recording with just a single click. The user-friendly and highly intuitive interface makes it stand out among all the Windows 10 screen video recording programs. Screen Grabber Pro can provide high-quality video output every time. If this tool peeked your interest, you can follow the steps below to use it to record your screen in Windows 10.
1. Manually Record the Screen
There are two ways to use Screen Grabber Pro, first one is the manual way. This method requires you to facilitate the recording as you will have the chance to add notes on the recording if you want.
Step1 Download and install
To install Screen Grabber Pro, you must first get the installer by clicking one of the buttons below. After that, run the installer on your PC and follow the on-screen instructions. After the successful installation, run Screen Grabber Pro and the main interface will appear. From there, you will be able to see all the different options of the tool.
Step2 Start the recording
To start the process, click the drop-down menu button nest to the “Record” button. From the menu, choose from the different recording modes: “Region” allows you to record only a specific part of the screen while “Full Screen” covers the entire screen area. Once decided on the recording mode, start the actual recording process by clicking the “Record” button. A three second countdown will immediately begin and once its done, the recording will begin.
Step3 End the recording
Add annotations to the recording real-time, by clicking the “Pen” icon from the recording toolbar. Choose the best option from the editing panel that will appear.To save the video once satisfied with the recording, click the “Stop” button. The video will then appear on the specific folder designated by the tool. Locate the video from the “Preview Panel” and click the “Play” button to watch it. On the other hand, click the “Open folder” button to open the file location where the video is saved.
2. Automatic Screen Recording
If you are heading out for the day, but want to watch a live stream event online, then this is the perfect approach. Screen Grabber Pro has a “Task Scheduler” option, that allows you to set a date and time when the tool records automatically.
Step1 Go to settings
From the many other options available on the main interface, click the “Settings” tab and a drop-down menu will appear.
Step2 Select task scheduler option
From the drop-down menu list, select the “Task Scheduler” option to open another window.
Step3 Create a scheduled task
From the Task Scheduler window, set the “Start time” of the recording, and the “Duration.” Once all initial requirements are met, click the “OK” button to set the task in motion.
When it’s the designated time, the program will start to record your computer screen automatically.
Record With the Built-in Windows 10 Screen Recorder
Not known to many, but Windows 10 is equipped with a screen recorder. This function is part of the built-in Xbox application which is for gamers. However, this is not compatible with all applications on the PC, like File Explorer, but it works well for Windows Store applications. The main purpose of this screen recorder is for gaming, when people want to capture their game for different reasons. However, it is still a notable feature since gaming tutorials are a hit among Internet users. Listed below are the steps on how to use this screen recorder in Windows 10.
How to Use Windows 10 Screen Recorder
- From the search bar on your desktop, type in the word “Xbox” and select the top result.
- On the Xbox app, press the “Window + G” keys together and the “Game bar” will appear.
- From the Game bar, there are several options to choose from. The “Record” button is represented by the red button which is located on the Game bar.
- To end the recording the process, click the “Stop” button from the recording toolbar.
- The video will be then saved on the “Captured” folder of the tool, where it is available for viewing.
Another good screen video capture for Windows 10 is Flashback Express. This tool is free and easy to use. It’s designed to support Windows 10 and can record your screen seamlessly too. The interface of this tool is made to cater even the less-experienced users. Here are the steps on how to record video on Windows 10 with Flashback Express.
How to Use Flashback Express
- Install the tool by getting the installer of Flashback Express from the link here. After that, open the installer and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
- After installation, launch Flashback Express and the main interface will appear which houses the “Record” button. By clicking the “Record your screen” option, the recording will start.
- On the new window that will appear, click the drop down menu beside “Record” to select what mode to use when recording. When all is set, click the “Record” button.
- While the recording is in progress, you can edit the video by adding text and notes that will appear on the video. To finish the recording process, click the “Stop” button from the toolbar.
- After ending the recording process, a reminder box will appear where you can choose to watch the video or save it. You can watch the video first, then save it later on.
Online Screen Recorder - Free Windows 10 Recorder
Some people don’t feel the need to install a tool just to record their screen activities in Windows 10. That is why they just rely on available online screen recorders from the Internet and AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder just the perfect one. Aside from being free, it requires no installation, which saves disk space. Here are the steps on how record desktop in Windows 10 using this free app.
Step1 Open the recorder
To launch the Free Screen Recorder Online, you must visit the official website of AceThinker and click the “Start recording” button from there.
Step2 Start Recording
Drag or adjust the size of the frame to cover the parts of the screen that needs to be recorded. While recording, you can add notes and add images to the recording by clicking the “Pen” button from the toolbar.
Step3 Finish the Recording
Confirm the end of the recording by clicking the “Stop” button from the floating toolbar. The video will automatically play after clicking “Stop.” Click the “Save” button from the player and select “Save as video” to permanently save the file on your PC.
Icecream Screen Recorder
Another tool to record video in Windows 10 is Icecream Screen Recorder. It’s one of the true working screen recorders, together with the other tools mentioned here. Icecream Screen Recorder offers high-quality video output. However, on its free version, there are limitations to what you can do, like the maximum time you can record is only 3 minutes. However, for minimal recording needs, this will be enough. Here are the steps to use Icecream Screen Recorder to record Windows 10 screen.
How to Use Icecream Screen Recorder
- Visit the official website and get the installer of Icecream Screen Recorder by clicking this link. After that, run it on your Windows 10 PC, and follow the instructions that will appear on your screen to properly install it.
- Launch Icecream Screen Recorder after installation from the launch screen, select “Capture video” to open the screen recording function of the tool.
- Adjust the size of the frame to cover only the important areas of the screen, that needs to be recorded.
- After the initial settings are configured, then start by clicking the “Record” button from the toolbar.
- Making notes and even adding texts is possible while recording, just click the “Pen” button on the toolbar. Another panel will appear then choose the ones that you want to add to the video.
- To save the recorded video, click the “Stop” button and the file will be saved.
- The video will appear on the “Preview panel,” and from there you can watch it directly using the built-in player of the tool.
Last but definitely not least, is OBS Studio. OBS Studio is a free open source screen recorder that offers a lot of options for different screen recording needs. The tool is one of the popular choices among screen recorders, because it has been around for quite some time, and has gathered popularity over the years. However, the tool is not suitable for beginners because of its not so friendly interface. Because the tool has many settings that are suitable for different situations, it takes time for people to memorize how it works fully. But for those who want to learn how to use the tool, follow these simple steps.
How to Use OBS Studio
- First thing to do is download the installer of OBS Studio. Run the installer on your PC and follow the instructions of the setup wizard accordingly.
- After installation, launch the application and you will reach the home screen. To start recording, click the “Add” button under the “Scene” column and add a scene name.
- Next, click the “Add” button under “Sources” and select “Display Capture” and the screen will appear.
- Once the initial settings are done, you can now start recording your Windows 10 screen activities. Click the “Start Recording” button and the recording process will commence.
- Once done with the recording, you can click the “Stop Recording” button and the recording process will stop.
- The video will be saved on your PC and is available to play anytime using your default media player.
So above all is all about the screen video recorder for Windows 10. With the above tools, you will be able to capture Windows 10 screen to high quality videos with customization. They all work smartly and you won’t have a hard time using them. Hopefully it will help you narrow down the way to record screen and audio in Windows 10. By the way, if you know any other nice tool to record video from screen in Windows 10, please do share us by leaving a comment. Thank you! And if you have any queries about this topic, you can also contact us.