Mac is a personal computer manufactured, designed, and sold by Apple. It has a graphical user interface and it has a built-in camera to use. You can do a lot of things on your Mac, such as recording videos, webcam recording, capturing photos, playing games, and many more. Meanwhile, there are times that you want to record webcam on MacMac is a personal computer manufactured, designed, and sold by Apple. It has a graphical user interface and it has a built-in camera to use. You can do a lot of things on your Mac, such as recording videos, webcam recording, capturing photos, playing games, and many more. Meanwhile, there are times that you want to record webcam on Mac either to memorize something, send a video presentation, create a home movie, etc. The webcam video recording now has been easier than ever with the help of free Mac built-in and online tools. Continue reading to find the detailed ways to record video from camera on Mac.
PhotoBooth is one of the excellent built-in photo and video tool for Mac that allows you to record video from Mac webcam and take screenshots from webcam with high quality. It offers several camera effects to choose from, such as sepia, grayscale, color pencil, camera book, and more. And you can also replace the background with a custom backdrop. After the recording, you can directly email the video or use Airdrop to share it with someone nearby. Below are the steps to use Photo Booth to capture webcam video on Mac.
- First and foremost, open your “Finder” on Mac computer and search for Photobooth from the list of the apps available.
- Next, hit the “Far-right icon” located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Then, hit the “Red” button to start recording.
- Once done recording, hit the “Stop” button located at the center of the screen to stop recording the video. After that, choose your recorded video under the displayed image. Select the video that you want to export then hit the “Share” button.
QuickTime the default media player for Mac, can also be used as a Mac camera recording tool to record video from webcam, record a special moment as a movie, record a quick video note, or for any other purpose. You can create a quick recording from your webcam as well as the screen following the steps below.
- Open the QuickTime player on your Mac computer.
- Then, under the “File” option choose the “New Movie Recording” option.
- Once opened, click the “Red” button located at the center of the interface to start recording a webcam video.Note that if you want to record screen and webcam simultaneously on Mac, you can then start a “New Screen Recording” using QuickTime to record Mac screen along with the webcam.
- When the recording is OK, click the “Red” button again to stop recording.
- Lastly, save the video file by clicking File > Save.
Another built-in webcam recording software for Mac is iMovie. Many users often use iMovie to record a video that is useful for creating instructional videos or tutorials. Likewise, it lets you record webcam videos for up to HD quality. Also, it lets you record audio. Besides, iMovie is well-known as a video editing software wherein you can edit your video directly on iMovie, and you can edit it by using its default features such as add effects, text, emojis, and a lot more. Here are the easy steps on how to record webcam using iMovie.
- The first thing to do is to open the app from your Mac computer. Next, go to the “File” menu then choose “Import Media.”
- From here, select the “FaceTime HD Camera” located at the left corner of the menu option under “Cameras.”
- From the import screen, choose the “Import to” option and select which project you want to record. Click the ” Record” button to start recording webcam using the FaceTime Camera.
- Then, click the “Record” button again to stop recording. After that, a prompt will appear as a movie clip and it will automatically be saved on your Mac computer.
AceThinker Free Screen Recorder is an online solution that allows you to record screen and webcam on Mac with no watermark and no time limit. It’s up to you to record only the webcam video or capture screen and camera together. You can select to record all the screen activity or just record a specific area around the cursor. Besides, this tool enables you to add annotations such as arrows, lines, shapes, and text while recording on your Mac. Below i will show you how to capture webcam on Mac.
Step1 Visit the Official Website of Free Online Screen Recorder
Click the link provided above to visit the Acethinker Free Online Screen Recorder. From its webpage, hit the “Start Recording” button to launch its main interface. If you use this tool for the first time, you have to download the launcher of the tool which will only take for about a minute.
Step2 Start Recording
From here, click the “Drop-down menu” next to the audio source icon from the recording toolbar then select “System Sound and microphone.” Next, click the “Web Camera” icon to record webcam video. Once all set, hit the “Rec” button to start the recording process.
Step3 Play the Recorded Video
Once done recording, hit the “Stop” button located on the left side of the recording toolbar. After that, prompt will appear on the screen to play the video. If you want to save your recorded video, click the “Save” button located at the lower right corner of the screen.
- It allows you to adjust the visual effects of your recorded videos like contrast, brightness, and a lot more.
- It lets you record videos into different file formats such as MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, and more.
- You need a high-speed internet connection to record a video screen correctly.
- It lacks professional editing features to use, such as transitions.
In this section, we will show you some tips on how to record HQ Webcam videos. Check them out below.
1. Think a content before recording
To record screen and webcam Mac, you have to think first for a concept. As we know, recording videos without content is a little bit difficult. So the better thing that you can do is to think for an appealing content and write it down and make it a guideline for recording webcam video.
2. Make it Short
Everyone doesn’t want to watch a long video length, especially if the content of your video is not quite catchy at first. A viewer could be satisfied with a webcam video if the first 10 seconds of the video caught their attention. With that, it is better to make your video short and clean and make sure that it is clear and understandable to your viewers.
3. Add effects or Animations
Yes, of course, you can easily catch the attention of your viewers if you add some effects and animations on it. You can put cool or cute looking animations on your webcam video. Also, don’t forget to use an HD quality of Webcam.
4. Include your Webcam nicely
For you to record videos from mac camera, you have to know the correct angle of your web camera. You have to face your camera always at the center. That means you have to show yourself in the middle of the video. Always use an HD quality webcam.
5. Finish the video with a clear summary
Lastly, once done recording, don’t ever forget to finish your video with a clear summary of what you’ve discussed on your webcam recording video. It will help your viewers easily understand about your video.