Though Vimeo is a popular video streaming platform where you can find millions of interesting videos, you will need to connect to the Internet in order to enjoy the videos. For some undownloadable Vimeo videos, it will be a good choice to record them with Screen Grabber Pro so as to view them offline later. Start your free trial by clicking the button below!Try It Free
Vimeo is a video hosting site that is similar to Youtube. However, the only thing that they are similar is that they are both video hosting and sharing site. The reason for this is because Vimeo, unlike Youtube, does not entertain illegal copies of copyrighted materials, which are prevalent on Youtube. In short, Vimeo strictly adheres to the law of the United States of America where it is based. On the other hand, Youtube also have their own rules and regulations but not as strict as with Vimeo. For people who are looking for more original contents and high-quality videos in general, and if they want to save them on their devices, then Vimeo is website to be. On that note, there are several video downloaders that can get videos even from strict websites like Vimeo, and some of them are listed below.
Free Online Screen Recorder is recommended as the top free solution for Vimeo video recording. Thanks to its lightweight interface, you don’t need to download or install any offline app. Simply visit the official site and you can start the recording task with ease. Though it’s a free web-based Vimeo recorder, it offers versatile features that can fulfil nearly all your recording needs: you can record in region or full screen, choose the audio input, annotate the recording in real time, save the recording in different formats, upload and share the recorded video immediately online, etc. Here are the simple steps to record Vimeo streaming videos with it:
Step1 Launch Free Screen Recorder OnlineClick the launch button of Free Screen Recorder Online below to launch it. Note that if it’s the first time you use it, you will be asked to install a launcher so as to activate the recorder. Just follow the instructions to download and install the launcher.
Step2 Record Video from VimeoNow go to Vimeo and find the video that you wish to record and go back to the Free Screen Recorder interface to click on the full-screen icon to record full-screen video or drag the cursor to the desired portion of the screen to capture only the desired part of computer display. Meanwhile, you can select the audio input, hotkeys, output video format, etc. When all is OK, play the Vimeo video and press the red REC button to start recording the Vimeo video.
Step3 Save Your RecordingAfter the recording task is done, click the pause button to stop the recording and then click the tick icon to save it. After the video is stored, it will instantly play the recorded video for a final check. After that, you can save it as a video file, a GIF, edit it with video editor or upload it to Dropbox, YouTube, Google Drive, etc. directly from the app.
Note: There is a pro version of this free online screen recording app called Screen Grabber Pro, which works much more stable than the web-based version. Besides all the functions the online one offered, this desktop recorder also allows you to create a scheduled task by setting the start and end time ahead. It means that the program can automatically record your computer screen at the designated time even when you’re away from the computer. You can click the button below to download the Windows or Mac version according to your needs.
Try It Free
Another great tool for Vimeo video capturing is Icecream Screen Recorder, one of the best screen recording tools available for both Windows and Mac OS. Its easy-to-use interface makes it efficient and hassle free for you to record anything happening on you computer screen from online streaming videos, video calls to gameplay activity in HD quality. During the recording, you can even draw anything on the screen such as text, arrows, or freehand drawings. Below is a simple guide about how to use Icecream Screen Recorder to capture videos from Vimeo.
- Click this link to download and install the screen recorder. After that launch the app into your device.
- From the main interface, click “Settings” to set the output video format, audio input source, hotkeys, etc. When the settings are done, click Save Settings to save the changes.
- Click Capture Video and select a recording way according to your needs. To record a Vimeo video, Custom area is recommended.
- Drag your mouse cursor to set the area that you want to include in the final video. Click the “Rec” icon to start.
- Once you are done, click Stop to end the recording and save it to your computer.
If you want to record videos from Vimeo on a Mac, QuickTime can be a great free option. It allows you to capture Vimeo videos as well as videos from any popular video sharing websites. And the way to record video using QuickTime is also quite easy. You can refer to the steps below:
- Go to the Application Finder to launch QuickTime and select New Screen Recording from the File Menu.
- A recording window will then pop up on the screen to control the entire process.
- To capture Vimeo streaming video, navigate on Vimeo to find the video you want to record. You can either pick a specific portion of the screen or entire screen window from the options.
- Once you set the screen area, click on the Red Button to start recording.
- After the desired portion of Vimeo video is recorded, click on the same Red Button that was used before to initiate the process to stop recording the video.
- Now it will ask to save the recorded video to the desired folder on your PC. Choose the output folder and your entire video moment will be stored on your PC for later usage.
AZ Screen Recorder is an Android screen recording application which is available from the Google Play Store for free. Unlike other screen recording applications, AZ Screen Recorder does not require any root permissions. This means that it can be used straight after installation and delivers clear, and smooth videos every time. The settings of the tool can also be toggled to suit different recording situations. AZ Screen Recorder also supports high resolution recording, at 1440p which is the maximum for a mobile device. With that being said, the real defining feature of the tool, is its video editing abilities. AZ Screen Recorder is built with a video editor to directly enhance any recorded video anytime and anywhere.
Screen recording is a helpful tool that allows you to save important data without leaving an App or website you are viewing. Here are the steps to activate and use Screen Recording features on iPhones and iPads;
Steps for using iOS default screen recorder
- Open “Settings” on your Apple device;
- Navigate to the “Control Center” and choose “Customize Control.”
- In the Customize Control setting, you will find the “Screen Recording” function. Tap the green (+) to enable “Screen Recorder” in the iOS “Control Centre.”
- After enabling the iOS Screen Recorder, the next step is activating the Screen Recording feature on your device.
- For iPhones and iPads with a home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. If you have the later iPhone/iPad models without a home button, swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to access the Control Centre.
- You will find the Screen Recording button in the Control Centre, as indicated in the picture below. Screen Recording will start after a three-second countdown.
- While recording the content on your screen, a red icon will appear at the top right corner of your screen, during the recording, this icon will blink repeatedly, and this is how you know the Screen Recording feature is working. After recording, you can stop the process by touching the blinking icon, or open the Control Centre and tap the Screen Recording button again to stop.
- On your screen, you will see a notification alerting you that Screen Recording is successful and the file has been saved to Photos.
You can open Photos on your iPhone or iPad to view the content you have just recorded. The process is the same for iPhone and iPad; however, you may observe that the file size of recorded content is different. The file size is determined by the type of Apple device you are using because they have a different visual orientation when you use the Screen Recording feature.
All the above 5 Vimeo screen recorders enable you to record Vimeo videos with high quality. Still the first option is Free Online Screen Recorder as it doesn’t cost a penny and there is no limitations on the recording time and no watermark attached. Moreover, it has additional features, real-time editing options and creates output videos in more formats than the other 2 recorders. Anyway, you can test to find the one that best fits you.
In fact, there can be numerous ways to record videos from Vimeo and other popular video hosting websites. Here i just mentioned 3 to help you narrow down and selections as the all the 3 recommended ways are effective. If you know any other better solutions for the Vimeo video recording, please share it with us by leaving a comment. Thank you!