Screen Recording is a feasible way to capture any screen activity on any device like computers, mobile phones, or tablets. It becomes popular nowadays due to the resurgence of vloggers, gamers, and other users that provide tutorials on an app or software. In connection with that, it is important to also capture the audio alongside the video simultaneously to make sure to get the complete element of the video. Before, it is hard to find some efficient screen recorders for Mac computers due to the strict policies of Apple regarding their security. But in case you are still in trouble finding the best solution for this, check this article and find out the best options to record video on Mac.
The Mac version of AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro provides the best options to record video on Mac with sound. It is an all-in-one screen recording software that allows users also to record the audio coming from the Mac computer together with its screen at the same time. Moreover, it provides a built-in editor that allows users to add annotations, lines, texts, or shapes in real-time. This function is necessary for creating tutorials to highlight an essential part of a step. A unique service of the Screen Grabber Pro is that it even lets users record the screen automatically. With the help of its “Task Scheduler” feature, users can set-up a preset exact time and date of a recording and let the software do the rest of the work. Follow the guide provided below to learn how to use this excellent solution.
Step1 Download and Install the Software
First, click the “Download” button above that is built for a Mac software. Then, run and follow the installation process to save Screen Grabber Pro on your Mac computer completely. Once installed, launch it to access its main interface.
Step2 Start Recording
To make sure that you will record the audio, click the drop-down menu on the “Audio Input” button to select “System sound” to capture the audio playing on the Mac. Meanwhile, you could also select “System sound and microphone” to also capture the mic sound. After that, configure the recording mode by choosing which part of the screen you need to capture. Choose “Full Screen” to record the entire screen area, or you can choose among preset resolutions provided. Once configured, click the “REC” button to start.
Step3 Save Recording
While recording, you can add annotations by clicking the “Pen-like” icon to launch the editing toolbar. From here, you can insert shapes, lines, and text into the recording. Once done, click the “Stop” icon to save it automatically. Next, the saved file will show on the main interface of the software. Double-click the file name to watch the recorded video.
Another solution to screen record with audio on Mac is ScreenFlow. It is one of the longest-running screen recording software built exclusively for Mac computers since 2008. ScreenFlow claims to produce the best quality available for each recording session. Due to its recent update, the software can capture multiple apps or browser windows simultaneously. Aside from its recording features, ScreenFlow also provides an advanced video editor that allows users to enhance the recording in no time. Its video editor is packed with hundreds of preset filters, royalty-free background audios, and more. However, users will only maximize all of its fantastic features if they purchase the licensed version of the software. To know more about ScreenFlow, check the steps below.
- Click the link provided here to land on the official page of ScreenFlow. Download and install the software then launch it afterward to access its main interface.
- To launch a new screen recording mode, click the “Camera” icon located at the Menu bar of the Mac computer. Next, a new window will appear and select which screen or window you need to record.
- After that, identify the audio source and put a check on “Record Computer Audio” to capture the system sound. Once everything is set-up, click the “Rec” button to start the recording.
- Once you are done recording the Mac screen, click the “Camera” icon again and select “Stop Record”. Finally, the editing program will launch automatically, and you can watch the recorded file from here.
In case users would not want to download any 3rd party application that will take space on their local storage, it is recommended to use its default media player, which is QuickTime Player. With its update, in the long run, the app not only functions as a mere video player but also provides other features like screen recording and video editing. Aside from the sound coming from the computer, QuickTime Player can also record a voice-over or narration if users plug-in a microphone. Additionally, it can also record the screen of an iPhone or iPad if they are connected via a Lightning port. Follow the steps provided below to learn how to record audio and video on Mac using QuickTime Player.
- Launch the “Application Finder” and search for the QuickTime Player and open it. Then, click the “File” option found on the Menu bar. From the menu that will appear, select “New Screen Recording” to launch the recording toolbar.
- From the toolbar, click the drop-down menu next to the “Record” button to select the audio source. Then, click the “Record” button to identify the screen area you want to capture.
- Once everything is configured, click “Start Recording” to initiate the process. Once done, click the “Stop” button located at the Menu bar.
- After that, a preview window will appear to let you watch the recorded file. Finally, click the “Close” button from the preview window and it will ask you to save the file on your local storage.
The next software that can record your screen on a Mac computer is Camtasia. The screen recorder is also an all-in-one and powerful solution to record any window launched on the screen like presentations, movies, video tutorials, and more. Like other methods mentioned here, it can record the video and audio of the computer screen in HD quality. Also, it features a robust video editor that allows users to directly enhance and polish the video right after they stop the screen recording. Additionally, it lets users record the Facetime window of a Mac computer or a webcam window plugged-in to the computer. Continue reading below to learn how to use this solution.
- First, click the link to access the official download page of Camtasia. Get the Mac version of the software and follow its installation guide to continue. Once installed, launch it to access its main interface.
- The main interface of Camtasia is a video editor. From here, click the “Record” button located at the upper-left corner of the software. The recording toolbar will appear to configure the audio source and the recording mode.
- Once the recording mode is set-up, click the “Start Recording” button to begin. To stop the process, click the “Camtasia” icon located at the Menu bar. Then, the video editing window will open automatically.
- From the editing window, click the “Share” button then select “Local File” to save it on your computer. Finally, open the folder wherein you saved the video to watch and play it.
The last feasible option to screencast on Mac is to use its built-in recording function. If users already updated their Mac software version into Mojave or above, there is a more natural way to do it. Users can initiate a recording process by only pressing the combination Command + Shift + 5 using its keyboard. This function also features a screenshot option to capture an image of any part of the screen. However, this built-in recording feature of Mac lacks some additional screen recording functions like real-time annotation, video editing, and more. Read the steps below to learn how to record the Mac screen using Command + Shift + 5.
- Press Command + Shift + 5 using your keyboard to activate the function. A recording toolbar will appear, from here, select the recording mode to determine which part of the screen you need to capture.
- Once you identified the recording mode, click the “Record” button to start the process. Then it will automatically record the part you have chosen.
- Once you are done recording, click the “Stop” button and hit the preview window to watch the recorded file. To save it, go back to the recording toolbar then select “Options” to save it on your desktop or file folders.