Ustream is a popular video website for watching News, Sports, Live Show, Music Video and Entertainment, etc. It’s convenient to download ustream videos for playback during a trip or leisure time. But ustream video is technology protected, you cannot easily download ustream video to computer or any other device. The best way to keep ustream videos is to record it. In this guide, I will show you 3 methods to record ustream videos, they are easy to follow. Now, let’s start the guide.
Acethinker Free Online Screen Recorder
I have tried many video recording app to capture ustream video, and Acethinker Screen Recorder is my favorite choice to do the job. It’s free and simple to use. You can also use it to convert the ustream video to mp4 video for playback on mobile phone or tablet. And here are the detailed steps.
- Step 1. Run your web browser and visit Acethinker Online Screen Recorder, Acethinker is a web-based recording app, compatible with all browsers including IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.
- Step 2. Click ‘Start Recording’ to run the app, select video and audio input source, set the video quality and video format as you want.
- Step 3. Open a ustream video you want to record, and play the video.
- Step 4. Adjust the recording area and click “REC” to run the recording. During the recording, you can edit on the screen, it will be stored to highlight the video. This feature is good for annotation.
- Step 5. Once the recording is finished, click “Stop” to end the process, you can click ‘Open folder’ to located the recorded video on your computer.
If you want to schedule task to record ustream videos, Acethinker Screen Recorder has a pro desktop version. Not free, but more powerful, well worth the money. You can go the pro version “Setting” > “Task Scheduler” and type the recording time, duration and region, and Acethinker will do the recording automatically.
Another good choice to record ustream video is Screencast-O-Matic, this app can record video in AVI, MP4, FLV and GIF format. You can also use the app to upload the recorded video to YouTube or other video sharing website directly. Here are the detailed steps.
- Step 1. Download Screencast-O-Matic, install and launch it.
- Step 2. Click “Mic” to select the input audio source.
- Step 3. Adjust the recording area and click “Start” to begin the recording.
- Step 4. Click “Stop” to end the recording, select a folder to save your recorded video. You can also upload the video to YouTube instead of save to computer.
Note: Screencast-O-Matic is a shareware, trial version can only record video less than 15 minutes, and there will be a watermark in the recorded video.
oCamoCam is free desktop app to record videos. You can even use it to capture game playing, many YouTube users use it to make game videos for their channel. oCam can record video in original quality, and it can export the video as many popular formats including MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, MPEG, etc.
- Step 1. Download and install oCam, and then launch it.
- Step 2. Go to “Tools” > “Options” to customize the recording setting as you like.
- Step 3. Click “Sound” to select an input audio source.
- Step 4. Click “Codes” to select the a video format you preferred.
- Step 5. Open your web browser and play a ustream video you want to record, and then drag the oCam recording frame to fit the playback windows.
- Step 6. Click “Record” to start the ustream recording. After you get the desired ustream video, click “Stop” to end the recording. And oCam will ask you where you want to save the recorded video, that’s it.
Here are 3 choices to record ustream videos. I’m sure you will find the right one after reading this guide. Acethinker Screen Recorder Online is strongly recommend, if you are looking for more professional functions such as real-time editor, task scheduler, etc. Acethinker has a desktop pro version, well worth the money. Thanks for enjoying my guide.