One of the most extensive live streaming video services that concentrates on video gaming and e-sports is Twitch.tv. It is an excellent platform for gamers because of its various game related contents. With a wide selection of gaming events and video shows, more and more players are attracted to Twitch. As a game enthusiast, you must want to record some live gaming videos for offline enjoyment or to replay to learn more about it. Alternatively, you may want to watch the live Twitch streams you had to miss due to a busy work schedule.
Are you looking for ways to record Twitch streams? To save live streaming Twitch broadcasts, you will need a video recorder to record them for viewing anytime and anywhere. This article will provide some methods for you to use a screen recorder.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro is just the right Twitch screen recorder to capture any video you watch. With it, you can effortlessly save live Twitch streams and broadcasts to videos in popular formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, and so on. By using the user-friendly interface, you can get all your recording tasks done without having to learn a complicated system. Just download the Windows or Mac version according to your needs and refer to the step by step guide below to use the software in its most beautiful.
Try It Free
Step1 Configure the Settings
Download the software by clicking any of the buttons that suits your operating system. Choose the recording mode that you want to use for the recording from the main-interface. There are different recording methods which are available to use depending on the recording situation. Watch the Twitch videos in full screen; which is the recommended mode for recording Twitch videos is thus “Fullscreen.” If you want to watch Twitch videos offline on portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, and so on, MP4 is recommended as the output format.
Step2 Start the Twitch Stream
Click “Start” in the top menu of the Twitch video recorder to begin the capturing process. Play the Twitch video that you want to record. Generally, there will be a 3 seconds countdown and the recording process will then begin. While the record takes place, you can manage the recording using the compact control bar. Take note; some essential editing functions are provided for you to annotate and enrich your video in real-time. By clicking the pen icon on the right side, you will see a list of editing functions, including adding circles, arrows, text, highlights, and more.
Step3 Annotate and Save the Recording
Aside from recording the activities on your computer, you can also emphasize unique scenes by writing on the screen, adding arrows and shapes, as shown in the photo. To end the recording, click “Stop” to finish, the Twitch video capturing. After that, you will find it in the recording list. Just feel free to play, rename, or upload the video to YouTube.
This Twitch video recorder has a scheduling feature that allows you to set the start time and recording duration. The program will start and stop capturing videos at the designated time. To create a scheduled task, click “Settings” > “Task Scheduler”. Create a recording task and specify the start time and duration in the pop-up “Task Scheduler” window. Next, choose a recording mode and click “Create” & “OK” to complete the settings. By scheduling a recording, you do not have to wait and manually record the Twitch stream video. Just leave your computer to process the Twitch video recording itself.Try it free
Tip: If interested, check this out to learn on how to download Twitch videos.
Free Online Screen Recorder is an excellent Twitch live stream recorder solution if you want to record videos quickly and easily. It is recommended that people, in particular, do not want to waste time downloading and installing programs. This application can be launched online in seconds, yet it offers a wide range of configuration options and recording modes. As an extra feature, you can also edit your videos in real-time as you are recording them.
Step1 Launch Free Screen Recorder Online
Visit the official website of this online screen recorder no download then click the “Start Recording” button to launch it. For first time users, they will be required to install the online launcher for the tool. This is done so that the next time they use the tool again, it will directly launch on the PC.
Step2 Start the Recording
Once you have the recording tool launched, you can set the part of the screen you want to record by clicking and dragging the corners of the highlighted recording area to match the size of your video player. In the case of Twitch videos, since they can be played in full screen, choose the “Fullscreen” recording mode on the toolbar to record the entire area of your screen. If you do not want a full-screen bar or your cursor to be recorded along with your video, you can find the related settings by clicking “Options” and then “Recording.” Now open the video you want to record in full-screen mode. By then, you can set the part of the screen you want to record by clicking and dragging the corners of the highlighted recording area to match the size of your video player. In the case of Twitch videos, since they can be played in full screen, choose the “Fullscreen” recording mode on the toolbar.
Step3 Save the Recording
If you do not want a full-screen bar or your cursor to be recorded along with your video, you can find the related settings by clicking “Options” and then “Recording.” Now open the video you want to record in full-screen mode. Once you have the video opened in full screen, press the red “REC” button on the control bar. A 3-second countdown will start, which will give you time to prepare to play the video. During the recording, a smaller control bar will appear, which you can use to pause or stop the record or edit in real-time. While recording, you can put annotations by clicking the Pencil-like icon. Once done, click the “Stop” button to save the recording. From the interface, you can use either Preview, rename, or delete the file.
OBS Studio is an open-sourced desktop Twitch video recorder that is widely used across the globe. The reason is that it is free to download and use. This is one factor why it is one of the top-choices among screen-recording applications. Another feature of OBS Studio is its direct stream recording, which is excellent for people who are on Twitch. The reason is that OBS Studio has a preset that is suitable to record live Twitch, where it provides optimum performance for smooth experience while gaming. OBS Studio is also equipped with other recording presets that fit different recording situations. The videos captured using OBS are stored on the default folder created by the tool but can be configured from the “Settings” panel.
- Go to the website of OBS Studio to download install it on your computer.
- Then, launch it, and go to “Stream” tab under the “Settings.” From there, choose the service to “Twitch.”
- Next, go to Twitch website, and play the video that you want to record.
- After that, click on the “Record” on OBS Studio to start recording process. You can click the “Stop” button once you are done.
- A playback window will appear after you record a video. From there, you can preview the recorded footage immediately.
VLC Media Player is a tool that’s available on desktop, and mobile devices. Aside from being a great media player, VLC Media Player can also record desktop screens, and even TV screens. However, we will focus on the desktop screen recording and we will leave the smart TV for a different time. Yes, you can record desktop screen activity with a hidden recording feature of VLC Media Player. On the other hand, unlike dedicated screen recorders, VLC Media Player goes through a long process before you can access its recorder. On that note, once you have access to the recording feature, you will be able to use it to capture Twitch live-stream and watch it offline. To learn how to record with VLC Media Player, follow the steps below.
- Visit the official website of VLC Media Player on your computer, by clicking the link here. From homepage, click the download button and then proceed to the installation process.
- Launch the media player from the computer and then click the “View” tab, and then click “Advanced Controls.” Additional buttons will then appear on the toolbar, including the “Record” button.
- On a web browser, go to the Twitch livestream that you want to record, and then switch back to the tool. From the main-interface click “Media,” and select “Open Capture device.”
- Click the “Capture Mode” menu bar from the “Screen Capture” window that will appear. From the options that will appear, click “Desktop” and then set the desired framerate of the recording. The recommended frame rate for streaming is between 10 to 13 fps, but if you want a higher one, it’s fine.
- Finally, hit the “Play” button and the recorder will appear. Switch back to the Twitch livestream and then click the “Record” button from VLC Media Player. Hide the VLC window and then watch the livestream in full-screen.
- To end the livestream recording, hit the “Stop” button from the toolbar. If you want to watch the video click the “Toggle Playlist” button and click the “My Videos” tab and search for you video from the recording list. After that, hit the “Play” button and then video playback window will appear.
Next we have Screencast-O-Matic as one of the great ways to record Twitch live-stream. Screencast-O-Matic is a web-based application that can capture video with audio, making it perfect for recording live-stream from Twitch. The tool is free to use, but also has a premium version which provides various benefits. Such benefits include unlimited recording time, whereas the free version can only record a maximum of 15 minutes of video per recording. Additionally, the premium version unlocks the video editing feature of the tool, which can be used to enhance videos after recording them. Screencast-O-Matic is simple and provides excellent videos every time you use it, regardless if it’s under the free version or premium, which is why it is highly recommended for recording Twitch live-stream videos.
- The first thing you need to do is go to its website to download and install Screencast-O-Matic on your PC.
- Then, stream the video that you want to record on Twitch.
- After that, launch the Screencast-O-Matic and click on the red “Rec” button on the floating toolbar that will appear when you are going to start recording.
- Once finished with the recording, click the “Stop” button on the floating toolbar. After that, the tool will ask if you want to save the video or edit it. Click the “Save/Upload” button to keep the recorded video on your PC.
- Lastly, you can go to the output folder where the recorded video is stored. From there, double-click the video file to play it automatically.
Last tool that you can use if you want to record Twitch livestream is Xsplit Broadcaster. This tool is directly affiliated with Twitch, which is why many streamers use it. Aside from being a great broadcasting software, the tool is also a decent screen recorder. You can use it to record anything that comes up on your desktop screen. The tool is an excellent choice for recording livestream because it captures good quality videos with audio. Also, Xsplit Broadcaster has a video editing option, which is perfect if you want to upload your videos online. The tool may look intimidating at first, but it’s not. Xsplit Broadcaster is really easy to use and you will be able to get a hang of using it right-away. Below is a simple guide that you can follow to record your screen with Xsplit Broadcaster.
- Go to the website of Xsplit and then click the button for Xsplit Broadcaster from the homepage. After that, install the tool on your computer.
- Launch the tool after installation, and the main interface will appear after a few seconds. To start, open the Twitch livestream that you want on a web browser.
- Next, switch back to Xsplit Broadcaster, and then click the “Add Source” button and select “Screen Capture.” From the next menu, select “Monitor Capture” and select the name of your desktop.
- Once the desktop screen is reflected on the preview window, click the “Fit to source screen window” button to go full screen. After that, click the “Record” tab from the toolbar, and select “Local Recording.” The recording process will immediately start after that, and simply hide the broadcaster window and watch the livestream on Twitch in full screen.
- To end the recording, click the “Record” tab again but this time click the “Stop Recording” button. The video will be then saved on the computer, and to watch it, click the “File” tab and select “My Recording.” The video section will then appear, and you can watch them from the new window that appeared.
You see, it’s quite easy to capture Twitch streams as long as you have the right screen recording tools. If you need to record Twitch several times, the free online one may be the right choice as it doesn’t cost a penny, and the functions are enough to fulfill your needs. But if you want to record videos frequently, it’s recommended that you get Screen Grabber Pro as the desktop one is more stable and even allows you to schedule recording. I hope this article will be helpful for you, and if you know any other ways to record streams from Twitch easily with high quality, please share it with us by dropping a comment.