Skype has become an indispensable communication tool for both individuals and businesses. People are relying on it increasingly for phone, video and IM chat service. Skype has also become an important tool in the work environment. Despite daily chats, it’s also used for conducting interviews and conference. It’s helpful especially when companies need to recruit globally or when it’s necessary to discuss with business partners in different locations. Needless to say, there are various reasons why you want to record Skype calls. Here some handy solutions to record Skype video and audio calls on Windows and Mac are reviewed. Now you can pick your best way.
- Screen Grabber Pro
- Kanda Video Call Recorder
- Free Online Screen Recorder
- Ecamm Call Recorder
- Riviera for Skype
- MP3 Skype Recorder
Best Skype Call Recorder for Windows/Mac
Screen Grabber Pro is a nice utility to help you record Skype conversation, no matter it’s a text chat, video call or voice call. With it, you can capture any activity on your computer screen so you won’t miss anything. Besides simple video recording, you can also customize the recording area, video resolution, frame rate, etc. Once activated, it will perform smooth recording that covers the screen activity, mouse effects, your voice and the sound you could hear from computer precisely.
Once started with recording, you could control over the process with options on the toolbar that goes with recording all alone. Further, there are annotation options provided, letting you add shapes, texts, lines and more elements to highlight your screen instantly. And if you prefer, you may also hide the recording bar and facilitate hotkeys to pause, resume, stop the process.
Once done, you can publish the recorded video to multiple media formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, etc. Apart from Skype, this video recorder can also help you record video calls from Google Hangout, ooVoo, Viber and many more other video chatting services.
Kanda Video Call Recorder
As an app recommended by Skype officially, Kanda Video Call Recorder is specially made for recording video calls on Skype, Google Hangout and some other tools. It’s capable of recording the calls when it’s undergoing and also include the sound into your recording. Kanda’s recorder features simple interface to let you go directly to recording the calls. It also provides two version while the free one has limit of recording no more than 30 calls each month. The paid version does not have such limits and is more advanced with video editing and snapshot functions. You may also share the recorded videos to social network within the inner settings, too. However, this Skype video call recorder program is only workable on recording video chats but cannot handle other media.
Free Online Skype Call Recorder for Windows/Mac
If you don’t want to install any program in order to capture your Skype calls, you can try the free online ones. AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is one of the best choices for you to record Skype video on both Windows and Mac. With it, you can record any screen activity in high quality. And the recorded video could be save in many popular video formats including MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, etc. With the built-in media player, you can preview the video easily. Now, let’s start the guide to capture Skype video with this free web-based application.
- 1. Launch your web browser and go to Acethinker Online Screen Recorder, click “Start Recording” to run the app. You need to install a launcher the first time you use this recording app.
- 2. Open a Sky Go video you want to record, adjust Acethinker recording area to fit the play window of video, and then play the Sky Go video.
- 3. Press “REC” to start the recording. When you want to end the recording, just press “Stop” button and click the check mark.
- 4. Preview the recorded video with the built-in media player, select any video clip you want to save by dragging the timeline bar. And then click “Save” button, Acethinker will ask you where to save the recorded video. You can also upload the video to hosting websites directly.
Record Skype Video on Windows Using CamStudio
CamStudio is a useful tool to create screencasts and quick demonstrations on your computer screen and is also considered as a video call recorder for Skype. The features of CamStudio include the facility to highlight the path of the cursor during a recording session and automatic panning. It also has ability to record along with sound effects. Its effects menu will allow you to append and also annotate videos with your comments. All you have to do is to set a frame rate and drag your mouse over the section set aside for capture. You have to tap on the chosen coordinates. Once this tool is launched, you will find many helpful features to make your screencast a success. There are controls that help you to record the entire screen or a part of it with sound options. Here are the steps to record a Skype call with CamStudio.
- 1. You have to open the control panel for sound. You may do it through the Control Panels Window or the Control Panel Flyout or simply by right clicking on the icon provided for the speaker.
- 2. Make sure that the `Stereo Mix’ is chosen as a default device in `Recording’ tab. You have to open it and then set the level to 100.
- 3. Choose the Playback tab and make sure that he speakers are picked as default device.
- 4. If you are using RealTek HD Audio system, you have to scroll to the bottom and turn Front sliders to 45. This helps in avoiding overloads. The Stereo Mix will receive actual signal from this particular slider.
- 5. Volume mixer on the Windows operating system can be adjusted along with the media player
Remember that if you want to hear the recording playback on your headphones, you may have to set Headphones as default and then set it back to the Speakers for recording additional takes.
Recording Skype Calls on Mac OS with Ecamm
This is a Skype add-on for Macintosh operating systems. It is compatible with Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard. For older versions of Mac, you may need a QuickTime Broadcaster that will record Skype calls and turn them into QuickTime movies. For all versions later than the 10.6, the easiest way to record Skype calls is by using Ecamm Call Recorder.
Guide for Recording Skype Calls on Mac
- 1. First and foremost, you have to quit Skype. Download the call recorder from the website of Ecamm. You will have to unzip this file and then double click on “Install Call Recorder File”. Follow the process of installation.
- 2. Once it is installed, click on “Open Skype” which you will find in the “Alert” dialogue window. This will reopen Skype app.
- 3. Skype has a setting in “Preferences” that is called Recording. You can select QuickTime setting for the “Call Recorder”. It is better to leave the setting at default. In case, if you want to change, you may access by selecting Skype and go to “Preferences and Recording” again.
- 4. Begin an audio or a video Skype conversation. A fresh window will appear in Skype and it will be the “Call Recorder”. Click on the Red Record button in the “Call Recorder” to begin recording.
- 5. Click on Stop in the Call Recorder to end recording. And then click on the “Search” icon in the “Call Recorder” to open “Finder” folder. This contains the audio or the video recording that you have made. This folder is located in Movies > Saved Calls and this is done by default.
Record Skype Calls with Riviera for Skype
Riviera for Skype is a Skype call recorder for Windows that lets you record Skype calls to MP3. After the recording, you can directly play the MP3 files with the built-in MP3 player to check the recording. This Skype recorder comes with a very easy interface with not too many options. You can launch it either from the start bar or by clicking the desktop icon. One highlight of this program is that you can set it to record your Skype conversations automatically without any length limitations. There is a 14-day free trial period. You can try it first and decide whether to buy it or not.
- 1. First of all, download and install it on your computer and then run the program.
- 2. Once you launch Riviera for Skype, the program will begin to monitor Skype calls right away. When you first use it to record calls from Skype, you will need to authorize iviera to connect to Skype.
- 3. When you make a Skype call or receive a call, there will be a pop-up window asking you whether you want to start recording the call. You can then click Yes to start recording your Skype call. By clicking “Do not ask again and start recording call immediately”, you can set the program to record your call automatically after it detects the call.
- 4. During the recording, you can stop or start it any time you like. All the recorded Skype calls will be listed on the main interface of Riviera and you can play it with the built-in MP3 player.
Record Skype Audio Calls with MP3 Skype Recorder
If you’re willing to record the conversation in audio format without video, then here’s a nice solution for Windows users. MP3 Skype Recorder is a lite program for Windows PC, letting users record the Skype calls in the form of MP3 files. Without comprehensive functions, this tool comes free with no limits in the length of recording. It works as an extension to your Skype and can track simultaneous calls separately without mixing them up. It also involves automatic and manual recording capabilities for saving your audio files.
These are the options available for recording your Skype calls on both Windows and Mac operating systems. It is necessary to record and broadcast the screencasts made from Skype as more than twenty five million users are doing the same all over the world at peak times. This article has shown you methods through apps that allow you to record Skype audio and video calls.