Though Skype doesn’t offer a built-in tool that allows you to record Skype calls for watching or listening later, some 3rd-party recorders can help you get the job done. You can now get Screen Grabber Pro to record Skype video or audio calls with ease by clicking the button below. Or read on to find more solutions.Try It Free
Skype has become an indispensable communication tool for both individuals and businesses. People are relying on it increasingly for phone, video and IM chat service. Skype has also become an important tool in the work environment. Despite daily chats, it’s also used for conducting interviews and conference. It’s helpful especially when companies need to recruit globally or when it’s necessary to discuss with business partners in different locations. Needless to say, there are various reasons why you want to record Skype calls. Here some handy solutions to record Skype video and audio calls on Windows and Mac are reviewed. Now you can pick your best way.
Screen Grabber Pro can capture not only video calls via Skype, but also everything that is happening on your PC monitor display. In fact, you can select the mode if you are going to record in full-screen view or regional mode. Moreover, you can also choose the audio source if it is coming from system, microphone, or record these two audio sources. Now check out the steps below to know how to use this tool to record video calls.
Step1 Get a new download of Screen Grabber Pro
First, download the application by choosing the platform that you are using, and clicking one of the buttons below. Then, run the installer, follow the installation setup to have the software installed on your PC. Once the installation is done, run the app, and it will show you its interface. From there, you can set the audio source to system sound, microphone, or both to record.
Try It Free
Step2 Choose the video output and start recording
After you choose the audio source, you can select the video output before you start recording. Choose if you are going to use full-screen mode, or region mode to select specific area of your PC screen. After choosing, the recording will start automatically.
Step3 Finish the Recording
To end the recording, simply click on “Stop” from the toolbar menu. By then, the video will be saved to your PC directly.
Tip: You can also change the video format to various media formats like Mp4, MOV, WMV, AVI, and more. Not only you can record video calls from skype, but you can also record calls from Google Hangout, ooVoo, Viber and more.
If you don’t want to install any program in order to capture your Skype calls, you can try the free online ones. AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is one of the best choices for you to record Skype video on both Windows and Mac. With it, you can record any screen activity in high quality. And the recorded video could be save in many popular video formats including MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, etc. With the built-in media player, you can preview the video easily. Now, let’s start the guide to capture Skype video with this free web-based application.
If you believe that this is the right tool to you, have a view at the steps below.
Step1 Begin using Free Screen Recorder Online
Visit the official website of Acethinker Free Screen Recorder Online. From here, click the “Start Recording” button to launch the main interface of the tool.
Step2 Start Capturing Video Calls
Next, click the red “Record” button from the floating toolbar to start recording. You can start it while you are currently on a video call conversation. Once you are done recording, you can simply click the “Pause” button to end the recording.
Step3 Saving the Recording of your Skype Session
Finally, when you click the “Pause” button, it will show you a “Check” icon to complete and save the recording to your PC, and an “X” icon to delete and start over the recording.
Camstudio is a useful tool to create screencasts and quick demonstrations on your computer screen and is also considered as a video call recorder for Skype. The features of CamStudio include the facility to highlight the path of the cursor during a recording session and automatic panning. It also has the ability to record along with sound effects. Its effects menu will allow you to append and also annotate videos with your comments. All you have to do is to set a frame rate and drag your mouse over the section set aside for capture. You have to tap on the chosen coordinates. Once this tool is launched, you will find many helpful features to make your screencast a success. There are controls that help you to record the entire screen or a part of it with sound options. Here are the steps to record a Skype call with CamStudio.
For using this tool with all its functions, refer to the guideline elaborated here.
How to Use CamStudio
- In the first place you need to have the tool on your computer to proceed with the capturing, so first go to the official site of CamStudio and download the tool that can be instantly installed afterwards.
- For the next step, after you install the app, launch it while currently on a video call and begin recording. Simply click the red “Record” button, and it will automatically start screen capture.
- Lastly, when you are done capturing the video call, just click the “Stop” button.
- It will instantly show you the file location, from where you can save the recording to your PC and play it back later.
This is a Skype add-on for Macintosh operating systems. It is compatible with Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard. For older versions of Mac, you may need a QuickTime Broadcaster that will record Skype calls and turn them into QuickTime movies. For all versions later than the 10.6, the easiest way to record Skype calls is by using Ecamm Call Recorder.
How to Use Ecamm
- First and foremost, you have to quit Skype. Download the call recorder from the website of Ecamm.
- You will have to unzip this file and then double click on “Install Call Recorder File”. Follow the process of installation.
- Once it is installed, click on “Open Skype” which you will find in the “Alert” dialogue window. This will reopen Skype app. Skype has a setting in “Preferences” that is called Recording. You can select QuickTime setting for the “Call Recorder”.
- It is better to leave the setting at default. In case, if you want to change, you may access by selecting Skype and go to “Preferences and Recording” again.
- Begin an audio or a video Skype conversation. A fresh window will appear in Skype and it will be the “Call Recorder”. Click on the Red Record button in the “Call Recorder” to begin recording.
- Click on Stop in the Call Recorder to end recording. And then click on the “Search” icon in the “Call Recorder” to open “Finder” folder.
- This contains the audio or the video recording that you have made. This folder is located in Movies > Saved Calls and this is done by default.
Snipback Android is amongst our recommended apps which are pretty good and efficient at its tasks. This app unknowingly and secretly records audio from your phone. Recorded calls make it easier for people to recall past conversations. So you might want to be an extra bit careful of its sneak attacks. This app also divides and breaks files into many sessions.
It’s pretty difficult to find an app for recording Skype calls on Apple gadgets like iPhone and iPad since the process is a bit different from those on your computer. An app we recommend you try is called Quick Voice. This iOS mobile app is easy to use, best of all it’s free, its not crowded and has a minimal, clean interface which makes this app popular amongst users who want ease of use. It doesn’t have any time limit or restrictions on call duration. The only con being you cannot run this app in the background. Below we show you how to enable recording on your Apple devices like iPad and iPhones.
How to Use Quick Voice
- First, go to the main menu of your iPhone to access the App Store. Then, search for the name of the app then hit “Get” to install the app into your iOS device.
- Start Skype call > Send Skype app to background > Without closing it switch to recording app > Press record.
- You can turn around the process if you want, as there is another way to do it. You can make it work by first turning on the recording app and follow it by making a call.
- If you want to keep it in background you may have to go with the first option with Skype. Though such apps are not limited with further search. You can find many suitable and similar apps for such needs since it is but only a simple task and there are many apps that can easily accomplish such features.
These are the options available for recording your Skype calls on both Windows and Mac operating systems. It is necessary to record and broadcast the screencasts made from Skype as more than twenty-five million users are doing the same all over the world at peak times. This article has shown you methods through apps that allow you to record Skype audio and video calls.