Web cameras are essential components of every PC systems. Using a web camera provides various applications, mainly for video chat. Most of the time, the user will see a small window screen of him/herself within the chat window. This adds a personal touch to the video chat because it bridges the gap between the two parties. With that being said, most people would want to capture the moment when the screen and webcam are shown together. Luckily, there are specific tools that you can use to record screen and webcamWeb cameras are essential components of every PC systems. Using a web camera provides various applications, mainly for video chat. Most of the time, the user will see a small window screen of him/herself within the chat window. This adds a personal touch to the video chat because it bridges the gap between the two parties. With that being said, most people would want to capture the moment when the screen and webcam are shown together. Luckily, there are specific tools that you can use to record screen and webcam together. Continue reading below to learn more information about some of these tools and how to use them.
The first screen and webcam recorder on the list is AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online. This is a web-based application capable of recording desktop and webcam activities. The good thing about this free screen recorder is that it allows unlimited screen recording. Also, it can record both video and audio simultaneously, which makes it perfect for recording video chat. Aside from that, it can also add real-time annotations to the video. The videos created with this recorder are saved in MP4 format, which is the default format. However, you can change the output format as you see fit by clicking the “Settings” button. However, for a more professional way to record screen activities, you can try the desktop version of the tool, which is AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. To learn how to use AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online, follow the steps below.
Step1 Launch AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online
Launch AceThinker Free Screen Recorder. From the home-page of the website, click the “Start Recording” button to launch the tool. For first time users, they will be asked to install the online launcher first.
Step2 Configure the settings and start recording
Once the tool interface appears, click the “Mic” icon from the toolbar and choose the audio source of the video. You have the option to record only the system sound or sound from the microphone. You can also record both the system sound microphone together, depending on the situation. After that, click the “Screen” icon and then choose the video source for your video. You can choose between “System” and “Webcam.” Once everything is configured, hit the “Record” button from the toolbar, and the three-second countdown will begin.
Step3 Annotate and save the recording
While the recording is in progress, you can add the webcam window on the screen by clicking the “Webcam” icon and include it on the recording. At the same time, add annotations by clicking the “Pen” icon from the recording toolbar. Once done recording, hit the “Stop” button from the same floating toolbar, and then the video playback window will appear. Watch the preview of the video from the new window that appeared, and then save it by clicking the “Save” icon and then click “Save as video.”
Bandicam is another excellent screen recorder with a webcam view option. The tool has features that help improve user experience, especially when recording screen activities. Bandicam is widely used because it is free to download and has a trial version. However, once the trial ends, the tool will start to leave watermarks to the output videos. On the other hand, it is still a great way to capture screen and webcam together. This is because it has a webcam option that opens the webcam window and includes it in the recording. To learn how to use Bandicam, follow the user guide below.
- Download and install Bandicam from its official website.
- Launch the tool and from the main-interface, click the “Add webcam overlay” button represented by the webcam icon.
- From the webcam window, tick checkbox for of “Add webcam overlay to video” and hit the “OK” button to apply the changes.
- Select the recording mode and then hit the “Record” button to start the recording process.
- After recording, hit the “Stop” button and the video will be saved on the PC.
Debut Video Capture is another feasible way to record screen and webcam simultaneously. The tool is loaded with lots of features that are useful in various situations. Also, it is capable of using the webcam as a video source. Additionally, Debut Video Capture has as image and effect settings panel, where you can adjust the color and add effects to the video. In terms of functionality, this tool fits the bill. The tool can also save the videos in various video formats like MP4, MKV, GIF, and even FLV. Debut Video Capture is undeniably a must-have tool for your PC because of all the amazing feature is possesses. Follow the guide below to learn how to use this tool to capture screen and webcam.
- Get the installer of Debut Video Capture from its official website and run it on the PC.
- Launch the tool and the from the main-interface click the “Camera Overlay” button and tick the checkbox of the “Enable” option.
- To record using the webcam as the video source, click the “Webcam” tab and the video source will switch to the webcam.
- To record the screen, click the “Screen Capture” tab and then the desktop will appear on the preview panel. The webcam overlay will be added to the recording immediately after switching recording mode.
- Start recording by clicking the “Record” button. Once done, click the “Stop” button and the video will be saved on the PC.
Screencast-O-Matic is next on the list of tools that can record screen and webcam at the same time. This is a web-based recorder that can do what most desktop recorders can. That includes recording desktop screen activities. Also, the tool is free to use, which makes it a popular choice among users. However, the tool is only limited to those who have an internet network. This is the downside of using web-based applications like Screencast-O-Matic. On the other hand, this is an excellent option for those who do not want to install any software on their PC. To learn how to use the tool, follow the steps below.
- Launch Screencast-O-Matic from its official website.
- Select “Both” as the video source for the video to capture the screen with the webcam overlay.
- Drag the recording frame to cover the part that needs to be recorded and then hit the “Record” button.
- To end the recording the process, hit the “Pause” button and then click the “Done” button.
- Click the “Save/Upload” button from the small window that will appear to save the video on the PC.
Screen and Webcam Recorder – Vidyard is a Google Chrome extension and is a free screen and webcam recorder. The tool is lightweight because it does not require any download and does not consume disk space. This is because the tool is directly added to the Google Chrome browser as an added extension tool. The only downside of using the tool is that it cannot capture both screen and webcam at the same time. However, it can record videos from the screen, and a webcam separately in high-quality. To learn how to use this tool, follow the steps below.
- Install Screen and Webcam Recorder from the Google Chrome Store and click the “Add to Chrome” button.
- Once the extension is added to Google Chrome, it will appear on the extension tray located at the upper-right corner of the browser.
- To start recording, click the extension icon and from the window that will appear, select the recording mode and hit the “Record” button.
- Select which screen to record from the window that will appear and then hit the “Share” button to start the recording process.
- To end the recording, click the “Stop sharing” button from the toolbar. The video will then open a new tab where you can watch it. Upload the video online by clicking the “Share” button from the new tab.
Loom is a another Chrome screen recorder that allows you to capture screen with webcam. This means that it can be used on either Windows or Mac or any operating system as long as it supports the Google Chrome browser. Similar to other Google Chrome extensions, Loom needs to be added to the Chrome browser first before using it. Loom is capable of recording both screen and webcam, which puts it in advantage among other Google Chrome extensions. Also, it can record audio from a microphone, which makes it perfect for creating gaming videos and other content that involves the screen and webcam together. To learn how to use Loom, follow the step below.
- Go to the Google Chrome Store, and search for Loom from the search bar.
- From the product page, click the “Add to Chrome” button. Once done, the extension icon will appear on the extension tray of Google Chrome.
- To launch the tool interface, click the Loom icon from the extension tray and then click the “Screen+Cam” tab.
- Click the “Start Recording” button, and then choose what part of the screen to record from the window that will appear. After that, hit the “Share” button and the actual recording process will begin.
- To end the recording process, click the “Stop Sharing” button. After that, the video will appear on a new tab and from there, click the “Download” button to save the video on your PC.
Recording screen and webcam is not a hard job, as long as you have the right tools for the job. Additionally, every job becomes easier if you have the knowledge on how to do it beforehand. That is the reason why the list of tools provided above was created. It is to provide multiple options that you can try, especially when recording important scenes with webcam.