Microsoft Surface Pro has been regarded as the best tablet ever since it’s launched in October 2013. Perhaps you’ve got one to watch videos, play games, etc. as it’s quite convenient to take a tablet on-the go. And then you may be wondering how to record screen on Surface ProMicrosoft Surface Pro has been regarded as the best tablet ever since it’s launched in October 2013. Perhaps you’ve got one to watch videos, play games, etc. as it’s quite convenient to take a tablet on-the go. And then you may be wondering how to record screen on Surface Pro either to create a video tutorial, capture a gameplay, save important workflows, record online live streaming videos or make a copy of some funny video chats. If that’s the case, now you’ve come to the right place. In this article, some of the best ways for recording videos on Microsoft Surface Pro have been introduced. You can follow it and do the screen recording on Surface Pro with ease.
One of the best ways to capture video on Surface Pro is to use Free Online Screen Recorder. It’s a 100% free web-based screen recording program that is compatible with all major web browsers and operating systems. As Surface pro runs only on Windows 8 or later versions, you don’t need to worry about the compatibility issues. With it, you can record anything on your tablet screen, including screen activities, online videos, movies, mouse movements, etc. Multiple recording modes and audio input sources are provided to suit all your recording needs. Here are the simple steps to do the video screen capture on Surface Pro.
Step1 Activate the App and Select the Recording Mode
In order to use this tool, visit the official website of the tool. Give it one moment and the toll will be launched on your browser. As a preparation for screen recording, you may configure the audio and video input as per your requirements. Once that is done, it will ask you to choose the area of the screen that you wish to capture. Or you can just record in full screen.
Step2 Record Screen as You Prefer
Just click on the REC button after setting everything up, and the software will begin the recording. When the recording process is going on, you can edit the file by adding text, arrows and graphs all in real-time. When you want to finish the recording, just click on the Pause button. If the job has been completed successfully, check the tick icon. If you’re not happy with it, hit the cross icon and then start over the recording.
Step3 Stop and Save the Recording
It will show you a preview of the recording before saving, and prompt to select the format to be saved in. You can choose from seven different video formats, including GIF. Once you publish the video, it will be saved to the folder you’ve set in advance.
- universally available software on both Windows and Mac due to website launch
- very smooth and understandable toolbar
- ability to annotate the creation
- online internet connection needed to visit the website
- for more comprehensive features the offline Screen Grabber Pro version is recommended from the tool
Tip: There is a pro version of this free online screen recorder – Screen Grabber Pro. By using the desktop recorder, you don’t need to connect to the Internet while recording on your tablet. Moreover, the desktop version provides more features to meet your recording needs. You can now click the button below to get the right version and record video from your Surface Pro screen with ease.
Try It Free
Another lightweight app for screen capturing on Surface Pro is Screencast-O-Matic. It’s also a web-based screen recording program. All you need to do is to visit their website from your Surface Pro, and click on the record button on the right. It is important to note that this utility does not give you a lot of customization options, but simply records the entire screen. Once done, it will give you the all the links that we just mentioned. The great thing about this tool is that the videos are not deleted too frequently, so if you have the link, there is a good chance that you will be able to get the video from their site. The benefit of using this tool is that it does not require any downloads or installations. Further, it works on any operating system, regardless of the Windows versions that you are running on your Surface Pro. Below are the steps to use it to record screen.
- Go to official site and press the Start Recording button and it will direct you to the online screen recorder page as below. You can then click Launch Recorder to activate it. When it’s the first time you use it, you will be required to download a launcher. Just download and install it follow the hints and run the recorder.
- The interface of Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder is quite easy. Before starting to record screen on Surface Pro, you can click Preferences to configure the recording settings like the hotkeys, control bar, etc. Meanwhile, choose the screen size you need and press the red Rec button at the left bottom to start the recording process.
- When the recording is OK, you can click the pause icon to have a preview of it. If you’re unsatisfied with the recording, simply click the icon that shows Delete everything and start over to redo it. If the recording is OK, then click Done to save it as a video file, upload to YouTube or Screencast-O-Matic.
- there is a high ease of use for this tool
- ability to include narration for the audio as well as video recordings
- instant possibility to share the video directly on websites such as YouTube or the Vimeo hosting
- The capturing has a time limit of 15 minutes
- No editorial toolset is included
TinyTake is also a great free screen video capture tool for Surface Pro. You just have to download and install TinyTake from the developer website. Once that is done, start the utility. You can then select the screen-capture type that you would like to do from your Surface Pro. You can either record the entire screen, parts of it or a certain window. Once that is done, just click on the Start button and it will do the rest.
It lets you save the recorded video and even share it on your favorite sites. You can zoom out/in with this utility, copy images to clipboard for saving locally and do a lot more. The maximum video length that can be recorded using TinyTake is restricted to 120 minutes, and there is no way to go beyond that in a single go. However, this is sufficient and you will not really need more than that. It even lets you work with a proxy server, assign your own shortcuts and annotate videos without any complicated procedures!
- Download and install TinyTake on your PC and then run it. If it’s the first time you use it, you will need to log in with the user ID and password. If you don’t have one, you can create one with your email address. Once the program is launched, use the keyboard shortcut + or select Capture Video from its Capture menu to start the recording.
- Then you can click and hold the mouse to draw the region that you need to record and click Start Recording to begin recording what you need. When the recording completes, click Finish to stop and recording and then you can either save the video locally or upload it to YouTube for sharing with more people.
- many features are presented in the tool however they have limitations when it comes to the free version
- graphical annotation is also available from the hard drive
- a mobile optimized viewer is also available
- the free of charge version has very high limitations
- commercial use is not supported by a free of charge program version
The Game Bar for Windows PC is designed to help you record PC games from broadcasts. It can also be used to grab screenshots during game play. Activating the Game Bar is easy; all you need to do is open the page and slide the toggle on, as shown below. The best browser for this process is Google Chrome. Open the Game Bar page by entering Windows +G, when a game broadcast is on, click the “Red Button” to start recording. Recorded files are saved in the video folder on your PC. You can also find these files in the “Capture” folder.
Did you know that your Mac has a Screenshot Tool? Let’s find out how to use it. The Screenshot tool is used to capture videos; it is compatible with the Chrome browser and Safari. You can open the Screenshot App by entering Command+Shift+5, choose the part of your screen that you want to capture and start recording by selecting the “Record Selected Portion” located on the Right side of the menu. You can start recording by clicking the “Record Button” on your screen. After recording, open the interface again by entering Command+Shift+5, you will see the “Stop Recording” tab, click it to end your recording. The recorded video is automatically saved in your “Movies” folder.
Chrome extensions are helpful tools; however, you should be careful when installing them because they can have spyware. Loom is one of the important Chrome extensions currently in use by many people. After adding the Loom extension, you can find it on the Chrome toolbar. This makes it easy to launch Loom. It is used for Screen recording. With the Loom extension, you can choose to record the entire Chrome screen or the coverage of your webcam and microphone. To get started, click on the “Start Recording” tab, and to end a recording session, select the Green button located at the bottom left. All files recorded with Loom are saved on its hosting service; a link is created to help you share your content with others. An alternative to Loom is the Streamable App; it features a drag-and-drop video host, which is similar to Looms functions.
These 3 screen recorders chosen by editor are great for recording video on Surface Pro. Free Screen Recorder Online offers a wide range of useful features that can almost suit all your recording needs. As for Screencast-O-Matic, the recording time is limited to only 15 minutes and there is no built-in editing tool. Tinytake comes with less limitations. However, it only works for the Windows operating system. In conclusion, the Free Screen Recorder Online is the recommended one among the 3. You can just visit its main page and start recording whatever you need with no problems! If you know any other ways to record video on Surface Pro, please let me know via the comments below. Any suggestions are welcomed and we will consider adding your solutions to the list.
|Free Screen Recorder Online||Screencast-O-Matic||TinyTake|
|Supported OS||Windows and Mac||Windows and Mac||Windows Only|
|Record Time||No Limits||No More than 15 Minutes||No More than 5 Minutes in the Free Version|
|Video Editing Function|
|Record Screen and Webcam|
|Record Only Audio|
|Upload to YouTube|
|Set Mouse Animation|