Netflix nowadays is the most popular streaming site where people subscribe to watch special series which are otherwise not available anywhere else. Therefore, Netflix generally doesn’t allow you to download its video streams, as it might make it possible to watch them offline after the subscription ends. On the other side, this is why someone might want to record Netflix streaming video, to watch your favorite series whenever you want, i.e., when you go on a trip where the internet is not available. In case you want to record movies from NetflixNetflix nowadays is the most popular streaming site where people subscribe to watch special series which are otherwise not available anywhere else. Therefore, Netflix generally doesn’t allow you to download its video streams, as it might make it possible to watch them offline after the subscription ends. On the other side, this is why someone might want to record Netflix streaming video, to watch your favorite series whenever you want, i.e., when you go on a trip where the internet is not available. In case you want to record movies from Netflix, here we have introduced five efficient tools you can try to record Netflix videos on your computer with no troubles.
When it comes to the software to record Netflix, we recommend you to try AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro, which is practically the offline, more comprehensive version of the other AceThinker program. This can be considered the pro version where you have many advantageous benefits to enjoy, especially when you wish to record a video from Netflix. You can also schedule a recording for the time when you are not available in front of the computer via the “Task Scheduler” feature, where the program will automatically start to record the display at the preset start time. Until the specified duration of the recording time, so you don’t have to wait for your Netflix movie when you arrive back to your computer as the scheduler will take care of it in the exact times.
Try It Free
Step1 Install and Start Screen Grabber Pro
First, click any of the “Download” buttons above to get a copy of the Netflix recorder. After that, install the wizard to save it into your device ultimately. Once installed, launch the Screen Grabber Pro then click the “Menu” button to select “Settings”. Then from the “Output format”, click the drop-down menu then select “MP4”. From here, you can also modify other settings. Once done, click “OK” to save the changes.
Step2 Start Recording the Netflix Movie
Now, access your Netflix using your web browser then select any movie, series, documentaries, or TV episode you wish to record. Then, go back to the main interface of Screen Grabber Pro to select the “Audio Input”. Make sure to select “System sound” to capture the audio of the video. Next, click the “Record” button to select the mode. Select “Full screen” or “Region” if you want to select a specific area of the screen. Once set-up, click “OK” to start the recording.
Step3 Save the Netflix Recording
Once the movie or show ended, click the “Stop” button, and the recording will be saved automatically into your Output folder. To check it, go back to the main interface of Screen Grabber Pro, and you will see the file saved in MP4 as set-up earlier. From here, right-click the file to either play, rename, open output folder, or delete the Netflix recording.
NOTE: You can also schedule a recording to capture the Netflix video. Open the program on your computer and click on the Settings tab on the top. A list will drop down where you can locate the Task Scheduler function which will open in a new window. In the new window, you can specify the info needed to schedule the recording for your show. After hitting Create, you can notice that the task appears in the lower box on the program. After this, the specified job will be initiated automatically at the given time, which was set.
- very comprehensive program with simple user-friendly interface
- the in-built scheduler can help you greatly with managing your time to download Netflix shows
- you might need to purchase the pro version in order to have the best benefits
Tip: Check out this article if you are interested to learn the best Netflix video downloader.
When you look for a great option to screen record Netflix, AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is one that ranks the highest on the list of screen and audio recorder. It is a web-based free tool that you can use directly by going to the official website to record Netflix streaming without any difference, whether you use Mac or Windows computer. But it is important to note that it only runs on Chrome browsers exclusively. You can capture your whole screen with it, or highlight the area of your display where the Netflix video is being played to achieve only that with either system sound, or microphone, or both. It is entirely suitable for Netflix as it can record without any time limit. To record movies from Netflix using this tool, follow the steps provided below.
Step1 Launch the app and prepare the recording
First, open a web browser and visit the main site of the software. Open the AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder and click on the “Start Recording” button from the main page of the app. Once you are in the interface, go to the audio input menu and put the option to record the system sound which is required for the Netflix show to be recorded properly.
Step2 Perform the tool's recording process
Afterwards, press the “REC” button in order to initiate the actual recording process for the show. When the Netflix show is over and you are done, click on the appearing pause button as well as tick the icon in order to proceed with the next step.
Step3 Preview the recorded file
In the very end of the process after you have the recording done, you can preview your newly created video clip and decide whether you wish to keep it and also to save as video file somewhere on your computer. In case you do it in this way, your video recording in the end will be stored in the specified output folder that you had chosen.
- the program is accessible online so you can always rely on that it is going to work properly, without any difference to using Mac or Windows
- fast and simple tool which gives you a simple but powerful recording
- rather gives you more basic, practical recording experience, so in case you want more comprehensive features, you might need to consider the offline Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro
The OBS Screen Recorder is an entirely free screen capture application that has a few options for Macintosh, Windows, and Linux, which are unfortunately very limited. The app is absolutely free and open source. Download and begin to use this program very fast to capture Netflix stream. It is freeware, and it is easy to apply any changes or download the available extensions which are related to the application. The greatest challenge with this app, however, is that it is only able to present a restricted amount of editing features and only a small range of codecs that are specific for video capture.
Record Netflix with OBS Screen Recorder
- Open OBS Screen Recorder’s official website using the link provided above and download it.
- From the main interface, click the “+” button and from the list select “Display Capture”. Now, go to “Controls” then “Settings” to select the option for your audio and video.
- Once set-up, go back to “Controls” then click the “Start Recording” button in the bottom-right to begin the process.
- Meanwhile, switch back to your Netflix movie and start playing it in full-screen mode. The activity of your entire screen will be recorded
- Once done, go back to OBS to click the “Stop Recording” button. Now it is saved to your output folder and watch it anytime.
- Completely free with no limitations
- Many support material and help videos available
- Endless customization options and settings
- Confusing and more complex interface
CamStudio is an excellent screen recorder that lets you capture any part of your screen. CamStudio records your screen in AVI format but also gives you the opportunity to convert your files to bandwidth-friendly SWF files. One positive aspect of CamStudio that makes it stand out among other screen recorders is its very own codec that produces smaller file sizes while maintaining a crystal clear picture. CamStudio also offers some basic editing options, such as adding annotations to your video. Find a detailed step-by-step guide below on how to use CamStudio to record Netflix stream.
Record Netflix with CamStudio
- Use the link provided above in the program description to grab your copy of CamStudio.
- Since you can play Netflix videos in full-screen, you can select the full-screen recording mode. Do this by clicking the “Region” menu tab on top and selecting the full-screen recording mode.
- Now navigate to the “Options” tab and from the drop-down list make sure you untick “Do not record sound” and check “Record audio from speakers”.
- Next, launch Netflix and play the movie you wish to record. Then, go back to CamStudio to click the “Record” button.
- Now switch back to Netflix and let the movie play until it is done. When your movie is finished, in CamStudio’s main interface hit the stop button (blue square).
- Records with sound
- Has its own codec
- Simple, intuitive design
- No editing features, only annotations
Another screen recorder tool that can capture Netflix stream is Bandicam. This software is a lightweight and easy-to-use recorder that can record any of your PC screen activity without any hassle. Additionally, all recorded files are preserved into the highest quality available. Moreover, it also features multiple recording modes to choose from and can capture live stream gameplays using DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphics technologies. Aside from that, it allows users to add real-time drawing by adding lines, shapes, or objects into it. One unique function of the software is that it can “mix” your voice recording to spice up the recording. However, this Netflix recorder is only available for Windows devices.
Record Netflix with Bandicam
- First, click the link located above to access its official website and follow the download instructions to install the software.
- From the main interface of the software, click the recording mode you want to choose. You can select “Fullscreen” or “Rectangle area” if you wish.
- Then, launch the Netflix app using your browser to select, and play the movie you want to record.
- Now go back to the main interface of Bandicam to click the “Rec” button to start recording. Once done, click the “Stop” button then it will be saved automatically into the output folder.
As you can see, the introduced programs are all great options that are capable of capturing the area of your screen, which displays your favorite Netflix movie. Therefore you can efficiently record any sort of streaming from Netflix with them, which you can watch later-on offline even when your subscription is over. However, based on your needs, you should decide on the best Netflix recorder tool for yourself. We recommend AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro, which is a highly robust and comprehensive solution, which will fit your need with its intuitive and user-friendly system and versatile options, while you can also use AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online if you plan to capture videos in a rather simple way. By the way, if you know any better way to capture streaming videos from Netflix, you can share your idea in the comment area. If the solution is great, we will add it to the review later.