Netflix nowadays is the most popular streaming site where people subscribe to watch special series which are otherwise not available anywhere else. Therefore, Netflix generally doesn’t allow you to download its video streams, as it might make it possible to watch them offline after the subscription ends. On the other side, this is why someone might want to record Netflix streaming video, to watch your favorite series whenever you want, i.e., when you go on a trip where the internet is not available. In case you want to record movies from NetflixNetflix nowadays is the most popular streaming site where people subscribe to watch special series which are otherwise not available anywhere else. Therefore, Netflix generally doesn’t allow you to download its video streams, as it might make it possible to watch them offline after the subscription ends. On the other side, this is why someone might want to record Netflix streaming video, to watch your favorite series whenever you want, i.e., when you go on a trip where the internet is not available. In case you want to record movies from Netflix, here we have introduced five efficient tools you can try to record Netflix videos using your desktop and mobile device with no troubles.
When it comes to the best Netflix recorder, we recommend you to try AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro, which is practically the offline, more comprehensive version of the other AceThinker program. This can be considered the pro version where you have many advantageous benefits to enjoy, especially when you wish to record a video from Netflix. You can for example schedule a recording for the time when you are not available in front of the computer via the “Task Scheduler” feature where the program will automatically start to record the display at the preset start time and until the specified duration of the recording time, so you don’t have to wait for your Netflix movie when you arrive back to your computer as the scheduler will take care of it in the exact times. Just as the above mentioned Free Online Screen Recorder, this tool is also only capable of recording Netflix videos from the Chrome browser.
Just have a glimpse at the steps below to understand the way of the usage of the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro and schedule a distant and future recording for the Netflix streaming.
Step1 Download the software
The very first step is to download the program onto your PC from the official AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro website or the link below.
Try It Free
Step2 Set Up the recording
Open the Netflix video you want to download from your browser and launch Screen Grabber Pro. Click the “Record” tab and choose one from the five different recording modes. For recording Netflix videos, the “Region” mode is the most suitable as the program automatically sets the recorded area to be Netflix’s media player. If you prefer your video to be recorded in a file format different to the default MP4, go to Setting -> Options -> Recording and under Video format, select one of the various output formats.
Step3 Start recording
Once you are happy with the selected region, click “Ok” and a 3-second countdown will signal when the recording will start. Meanwhile, prepare to start playing your video as soon as the countdown ends. The record can be controlled using the mini control bar on your screen. Once the movie has finished playing, stop the recording by clicking the red square icon on the mini control bar. Your recorded video will be displayed in Screen Grabber’s main interface. You will see the size and the duration of your video next to the file name. To play the video, right-click on the recorded file and select “Preview” option.
You can also schedule a recording to capture the Netflix video. Open the program on your computer and click on the Settings tab on the top. A list will drop down where you can locate the Task Scheduler function which will open in a new window. In the new window, you can specify the info needed to schedule the recording for your show. After hitting Create, you can notice that the task appears in the lower box on the program. After this, the specified job will be initiated automatically at the given time, which was set.
- very comprehensive program with simple user-friendly interface
- the in-built scheduler can help you greatly with managing your time to download Netflix shows
- you might need to purchase the pro version in order to have the best benefits
When you look for a great option to record Netflix, AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is one which ranks the highest on the list of available solutions. It is a web-based free tool which you can use directly by going to the official website to record Netflix streaming, without any difference whether you use Mac or Windows computer. But it is important to note that it only runs on Chrome browsers exclusively. You can capture your whole screen with it, or highlight the area of your display where the Netflix video is being played in order to capture only that with either system sound, or microphone, or both. It is completely suitable to Netflix as it can record without any time limit. To record movies from Netflix using this tool, follow the steps provided below.
Step1 Launch the app and prepare the recording
First, open a web browser and visit the main site of the software. Open the AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder and click on the “Start Recording” button from the main page of the app. Once you are in the interface, go to the audio input menu and put the option to record the system sound which is required for the Netflix show to be recorded properly.
Step2 Perform the tool's recording process
Afterwards, press the “REC” button in order to initiate the actual recording process for the show. When the Netflix show is over and you are done, click on the appearing pause button as well as tick the icon in order to proceed with the next step.
Step3 Preview the recorded file
In the very end of the process after you have the recording done, you can preview your newly created video clip and decide whether you wish to keep it and also to save as video file somewhere on your computer. In case you do it in this way, your video recording in the end will be stored in the specified output folder that you had chosen.
- the program is accessible online so you can always rely on that it is going to work properly, without any difference to using Mac or Windows
- fast and simple tool which gives you a simple but powerful recording
- rather gives you more basic, practical recording experience, so in case you want more comprehensive features, you might need to consider the offline Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro
The OBS Screen Recorder is an entirely free screen capture application that has a few options for Macintosh, Windows and Linux which are unfortunately very limited. The app is absolutely free and open source. Download and begin to use this program very fast for recording your Netflix movies. It is freeware and it is easy to apply any changes or download the available extensions which are related to the application. The greatest challenge with this app however is that it is only able to present a restricted amount of editing features and only a small range of codecs which are specific for video capture.
How to use OBS Screen Recorder
- Open OBS Screen Recorder’s official website using the link provided above in the description and choose which operating system you are using to download the tool.
- After downloading the right installer, install the program by following the steps described in the installation wizard. When done, launch the program.
- The first step is to add a source. The source will be what you want to record. In this case this will be your display. Click the “+” button and from the list select “Display Capture”.
- In the bottom-right corner, under “Controls” you will find the settings menu. Click on it and you will be able to access advanced settings options for your video, audio.
- In the “Output” menu you can choose the output format and quality for your video. In the “Audio” menu you can choose your audio inputs. The other settings you do not have to worry much about.
- Once you are satisfied with your settings and have saved them all, you are ready to start recording. You will find the “Start Recording” button in the bottom-right corner under the “Controls” heading. Click it to begin the recording process.
- Meanwhile, switch back to your Netflix movie and start playing it in full-screen mode. The activity of your entire screen will be recorded.
- Once your movie finished playing, exit the full screen mode and switch to OBS studio. You can stop the recording with the same button you started it with. Your recorded video will be saved to the specified folder from where you can rewatch it anytime.
- Completely free with no limitations
- Many support material and help videos available
- Endless customization options and settings
- Confusing and more complex interface
CamStudio is an excellent screen recorder that lets you capture any part of your screen. CamStudio records your screen in AVI format but also gives you the opportunity to convert your files to bandwidth-friendly SWF files. One positive aspect of CamStudio that makes it stand out among other screen recorders is its very own codec that produces smaller file sizes while maintaining a crystal clear picture. CamStudio also offers some basic editing options such as adding annotations to your video. Find a detailed step-by-step guide below on how to use CamStudio for recording Netflix videos.
Record Netflix with CamStudio
- CamStudio is available for download on several websites but to be on the safe side, use the link provided above in the program description to grab your copy of CamStudio.
- Since you can play Netflix videos in full-screen, you can select the full-screen recording mode. Do this by clicking the “Region” menu tab on top and selecting the full-screen recording mode.
- Now navigate to the “Options” tab and from the drop-down list make sure you untick “Do not record sound” and check “Record audio from speakers”.
- Open Netflix from your browser and search for the movie or TV show you want to download. Do not start playing the movie at this stage just yet.
- In CamStudio’s main interface click the record button symbolized by a red circle. Recording will start automatically.
- Now switch back to Netflix and start playing your movie in full-screen. When your movie is finished, in CamStudio’s main interface hit the stop button (blue square).
- Records with sound
- Has its own codec
- Simple, intuitive design
- No editing features, only annotations
For apple users, it is highly recommended to use ApowerRec as it is one of the best screen recording app available for them. This app provides a user-friendly interface that allows users to record their screen activity or Netflix videos without any hassle. Additionally, ApowerRec can record the entire screen area without leaving any watermarks. Also, it is a free app so anyone can enjoy its full services without any limits. Lastly, it also allows users to record the screen with audio for the best viewing experience. Scroll down to find out on how to use ApowerRec for recording Netflix videos.
How to record Netflix on iOS
- First, find your App Store from the main menu to launch it. From here, go to the “Search” tab then type in “ApowerRec”. Once found, tap the app then select “Get” to install it into your iPhone.
- Now, open your Netflix app from your iPhone. From here, browse any movies, videos, or series you wish to record. Let the video load properly and set it up to record it later.
- Next, swipe up from the bottom part of your screen to access a new panel.
- From here, tap the “Rec” button to begin the record. A countdown will appear to indicate that your recording will start anytime. Using the remaining time, play the Netflix video so it can be recorded properly.
- Wait until the video is done to make sure you recorded the entire episode or movie. Then, swipe up again from the bottom part of the screen to tap the “Rec” button. This will save the recording into your Photos or File Folder automatically.
- Leaves no watermark
- App sometimes crash
As you can see, the introduced programs are all great options which are capable of capturing the area of your screen which displays your favourite Netflix movie, therefore you can efficiently record any sort of streaming from Netflix with them, which you can watch later-on offline even when your subscription is over. However, based on your needs you should decide on the best Netflix recorder tool for yourself. We definitely recommend AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro, which is a highly powerful and comprehensive solution, which will definitely fit to your need with its intuitive and user-friendly system and versatile options, while you can also use AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online if you plan to capture videos in a rather simple way. By the way, if you know any better way to capture streaming videos from Netflix, you can share your idea in the comment area. If the solution is really great, we will add it to the review later.