Recording team meetings is one of the essential things to do, especially if you are working as a secretary in one company. Also, it is very important to record the group meetings and keep them on your data. Besides, several video calling apps can be used online. But, one of the best tools that we recommend you to use is the Microsoft Teams video calling app. It is because it has a built-in recorder wherein you don't need to install a third-party app to record a meeting. It is also very advisable on business because most of the companies now are using a Windows desktop. With that, for you to record Microsoft teams meeting using its built-in recorder. Keep reading this article. Plus, we provided additional tools that you may use to record group meetings with ease.
Record Microsoft Teams Meeting using its Built-in Recorder
When you want to record a meeting in Microsoft teams, it is better to use its built-in recorder to avoid downloading a third-party app. Besides, this tool supports a chat-based platform with document sharing, online group meetings, video calls, and many useful business communications features. Moreover, it has a simple recording feature wherein you can easily record the group meetings for up to 4K quality. Aside from that, it supports screen sharing wherein you can use it to share your desktop for some technical purposes and assistance. That being said, we will show you a detailed guide on how to record meetings using this tool.
Step 1 Save the Tool on your Computer
First is you have to install the software on your computer by getting its installer from its official site. You have to create a new account before you get its installer. After that, follow the installation process to save it on your computer.
Step 2 Join the Meeting
Once the software is installed, launch it on your PC and go to the "Chat" option located at the interface's left part. Here, hit the "Join" button at the upper right portion of the tool, and a window will show up, click the "Join Now" button to start.
Step 3 Start Recording the Meeting
While group meeting calls are ongoing, you can record it by clicking the "Triple-dot" button that you can see at the top of the tool and choose the "Start Recording" option from the drop-down menu the recording.
Step 4 Stop and Play the Recorded Group Meeting
To stop the recording, you have to hit the "Triple-dots" located at the upper portion of the interface and select the "Stop Recording" from the "drop-down" menu. The Microsoft teams video recording will then be transferred into the chat history. From here, click the "Download" icon to save the video on your PC.
Other Ways to Record Meeting in Microsoft Teams
Just in case you are not comfortable using Microsoft's built-in recorder tool, you can use another software called the Acethinker Screen Grabber Premium. It is one of the famous screen recorders where you can record all your computer screen activities. This includes online group meetings, online sharing, video calls, etc. Moreover, this is perfect for Microsoft teams video recording because it supports high-quality video for up to 4K. In connection with this, it offers many video file formats such as WMV, MP4, MOV, AVI, and more. For you to perfectly use this tool, rely on the methods below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download And Install the Program
To begin, you have to save the tool on your computer by hitting one of the "Download" buttons given above. Launch it and follow its simple installation guide. After that, open it on your computer and get familiarized with its main interface.
Step 2 Access the Video Recorder
From the main interface of the tool, select the "Video Recorder" option. Then, customize its frame rate by clicking from the "Custom" option. Make sure that the "System Sound" and "Microphone" are turned on for better recording.
Step 3 Start Recording Microsoft Teams Meeting
Once set-up, start a meeting in Microsoft Teams and then hit the "Rec" button from the interface. After that, the countdown will show up, and then it will start the recording.
Step 4 Stop and Preview the Recorded Group Meeting Call
Lastly, stop the recording process by clicking the "Red" icon from the floating toolbar. Then, a window will appear, showing the recorded group meeting call. Hit the "Save" button from the bottom right corner of the interface to save the computer's recorded video.
Alternatives Screen Recorder to Record Group Meeting Calls
Key Features: This tool can quickly record group meeting calls without experiencing any problem. Plus, it lets you capture part of your screen and mark it up with text, arrows, and more
The first screen recorder on our list named Screencast-O-Matic helps you record your desktop screen and your webcam easily. You can also use this tool to record a group meeting call and save it into different video file formats such as MP4, FLV, AVI, and more. Aside from that, it has an option wherein you can add narration from your microphone and video from your webcam. Plus, it lets you record all the computer activities for up to 4K quality if available. In addition to this, you can share the recorded video into several social media sites, including Instagram. To share with you the steps on how to use this tool, read it below.
- To begin, visit the official site of the tool and hit the "Launch the Free Recorder" button found at the landing page of the tool.
- Next, launch the recorder on your computer, start a group meeting call, and hit "Rec".
- Hit the "Stop" button to stop the recording process. Then, a window will pop-up, showing all the recorded videos. From here, right-click the filename and hit play to preview the downloaded video.
Key Features: Aside from recording group video calls, you can use this tool to combine images that you can display multiple screen captures in one image.
Next on our list is Snagit. This can be used to record virtually any content on your computer screen anytime you want. This tool supports comprehensive screen capturing with screen recording capabilities. This is perfect to use when it comes to recording video calls because of its fast recording features. Also, this recorder can be used for other devices such as mobile phones. Besides recording your screen, you can use it to capture the screen's content and voice as you perform voice commentaries. Follow the simple procedures below to utilize this recorder.
- Visit the recorder's site on your browser and click the "Download" button to get its installer. After that, install the tool on your PC.
- From here, go to the "All-in-One" option that you can see from the left part of the interface to customize the recording settings. After that, hit the "Capture" button located at the right portion of the tool to start the recording.
- Click the "Stop" icon from the floating toolbar to stop the recording. Then, a window will appear, showing all the recorded videos made by you. From here, hit the "File" to view the recorded video.
Key Features: This tool can add high-quality and anti-aliased screen captions to your recordings in just seconds and you can add some unique video annotation features to enhance your video.
Camstudio is a choice loaded with lots of great features such as fast recording. It can record all the screen and audio on your computer screen and create AVI files using its built-in streaming flash videos. You can also record many online activities such as video calls, group meeting calls, and more for up to 4K quality. Apart from that, it lets you capture the entire or only a portion of your desktop. But by default, the recorder sets the full-screen mode, and if you want to change it to region mode, you have to modify it through the settings. Below are the simple steps on how to record group calls using this tool.
- First is to go to the recorder's site and hit the "Download" button to install the software on your computer.
- Open it to get familiarized with the tool. After that, start a group meeting call and hit the "Start" icon of the tool located at the upper part of the tool to start the recording.
- Once done recording, click the "Stop" icon from the floating toolbar to stop the recording process. A window will then appear that consists of the recorded videos made by you. Right-click the file to watch the recorded video.
Key Features: It lets you capture video from TV-tuner and DV cameras and record live video.
Movavi Screen Recorder lets you capture anything on your computer screen and save it with different video file formats like MP4. It doesn't matter if you record video tutorials, online videos, flash animation from a website or a group video call. This tool also helps you record group meeting calls as a high-quality video at a speed of up to 60 frames per second. Apart from that, it allows you to take screenshots, highlight the cursor, set your click sound, and capture keyboard actions. So with that, we will provide you the simple steps on how to record group meeting calls using this recorder.
- First is to visit the official site of the tool and click the "Download" button to save it on your computer completely.
- Once the tool is installed on your computer, launch it to see its main interface and get familiarized with it.
- Start a group meeting calls and hit the "Video" icon of the tool to start the recording process.
- Once you are decided from your recording, hit the "Stop" icon and the recorded video will automatically save on your PC.
5. Active Presenter
Key Features: You can use this tool to create edible slides to design eLearning courses or training content by adding annotations and animations.
Price: $199/ single purchase
Active Presenter is an easy to use screen recorder and video editor to record group meeting calls anytime you want easily. Plus, it enables you to quickly capture your computer screen and create eLearning information with just a simple step. You can also use this tool even without an internet connection as long as you installed it on your computer. Like other recording tools, you can enhance your video by using its video editing tool, such as filters, to bring your videos to the next level. With that, we will show you the simple ways on how to use it.
- To begin, open its official site using your web browser on your computer and click the “Download” button provided to install it on your computer.
- From the main interface of the recorder, select "Record Video" located at the left part of the tool and then choose your frame rate according to your choice by clicking the "Custom" option. Then, click the "Rec" button at the right side of the floating toolbar to start the recording.
- Once the recording is done, click the "Stop" button from the floating toolbar to stop the recording. The video will then be automatically saved on your PC.
Edit the Recorded Group Meeting Calls
This part will show you a simple way to edit your Microsoft Teams video conference recording. This is useful, especially if you forgot something to add to your recorded group video calls. Here are the easiest ways to edit your recordings.
- To start, go to the chat history from the left corner of the interface and click "More Options" and then select "Edit" from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Options" select "Captions" and hit the "Download File" and choose a video that you want to customize.
- After that, get the VTT caption file and make whatever changes that you want to make on your video and save it on your computer.
Conclusion and Comparison Chart
To sum it up, we wrote above the best ways to record group meetings with a fast and easy user interface. Besides, we recommend using the Acethinker Screen Grabber Premium because it's all in one solution that lets you record all your activities on your computer screen. It lets you capture anything on your PC for up to 4K quality if available. You can try to use all of them and get the best tool that will suit your needs.
|Function||Microsoft Teams||Screen Grabber Premium||Screencast-O-matic||Snagit||Camstudio||Movavi||Active Presenter|
|Video Quality||1020p, 1080p, 4K||1020p, 1080p, 4K||720p, 1080p||720p||720p, 1080p||420p, 720p||1080p|
|Play HD Videos?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|It can enhance the Recorded Video||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Record Screen with Audio||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||Yes|