Live streaming has become a way to broadcast live video to viewers over the internet. Anything transmitted on social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter can be watched by audiences live. However, some of the live streaming videos are scheduled like games, webinars, special events, and the likes. Some viewers have a hard time catching up on the schedules of live streaming videos due to their day jobs and responsibilities. That is why we suggest using a screen recorder for you to watch the recorded live stream when you have free time. The question is, what are the best screen recorders to use? In this article, we are going to show you the best screen recording tool that has advanced features for you to record live streaming videos Live streaming has become a way to broadcast live video to viewers over the internet. Anything transmitted on social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter can be watched by audiences live. However, some of the live streaming videos are scheduled like games, webinars, special events, and the likes. Some viewers have a hard time catching up on the schedules of live streaming videos due to their day jobs and responsibilities. That is why we suggest using a screen recorder for you to watch the recorded live stream when you have free time. The question is, what are the best screen recorders to use? In this article, we are going to show you the best screen recording tool that has advanced features for you to record live streaming videos at ease. Keep on reading below to see all of them.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro is a robust live streaming recorder since it can record live videos to 1080p quality. This tool allows you to capture in full-screen, regional, around the mouse, and you can also include an external webcam on the video. Aside from that, it has a unique feature called the “Task Scheduler,” which enables you to set a schedule to record a video automatically. It can help you record live stream videos, especially if you are not in front of your computer screen. Besides, you can put annotations on the video like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows to point out the vital part. You can start using this tool by following the steps that we listed below.
Try it for Free
Step1 Download and install the Screen Grabber Pro
Since this tool is available on Windows and Mac, you can refer to one of the “Download” buttons above. Once downloaded, launch it and follow the steps on installing this tool on your computer. After that, open the software to get used to its interface.
Step2 Configure the settings
You can customize the settings by clicking the “Menu” button at the upper right side of this tool. From there, you can change the video format, output folder, quality, and frame rate. You can also set hotkeys to record your screen faster. Then, click the “OK” button to apply the settings.
Step3 Start recording live stream videos
To record scheduled live stream videos, we are going to use the Task Scheduler feature of this tool. Click the “Task Scheduler” button at the upper center part of the tool and set the “Start time” of the recording the same as the time of the live stream video’s schedule. You can also set the duration of the recording process, depending on your liking. If you know the exact timeline of the live stream video, you can also put the stop time on the Task Scheduler to end and save the recorded video automatically. Then, press the “OK” button to confirm the configuration.
Step4 Watch the recorded video
Once done, you can find the video within the tool’s main interface. From there, right-click on the video and select “Preview” to play it. You can also double-click on the video to open it instantly.
Another AceThinker tool that can record live streaming videos without installing any software on your computer is the Online Screen Recorder. This web-based tool allows you to record any activity on your Windows or Mac screen with one-click. Despite being an online tool, it will surely record live stream videos in HD quality like 720p and 1080p. Besides, you have the option to record in full-screen, region mode, and web camera. Aside from that, this online tool can also add annotations like shapes, lines, and arrows on the recording, just like the Screen Grabber Pro, and you can use it for free. To begin using this tool, follow the guidelines below.
Step1 Go to the website of AceThinker Online Screen Recorder
First, visit the official website of the AceThinker Online Screen Recorder to start using it. From there, click the “Start Recording” button at the middle part of its main page and it will ask you to install a launcher that would only take a few seconds to do. After that, the tool will show you a floating toolbar that you can use for recording.
Step2 Begin video recording
Next, find the live streaming video that you want to download. While streaming, go back to the tool and click the “Record” button at the leftmost part of the toolbar. You can click the “Pen” icon to put shapes, lines, arrows, and texts on the video.
Step3 Preview the video
Once done, click the “Stop” button at the leftmost part of the recording toolbar to end the recording process. Video playback will automatically appear playing the recorded video. You can save the video by clicking the “Save” icon at the lower rightmost part of the media player. You can also share it online by clicking the “Upload” icon beside the “Save” icon and choose your preferred video sharing site.
Screencastify is a Chrome browser extension that can record live stream videos quickly. It can also edit videos by doing trim, cut, crop, merge, add annotations, and more. All the videos recorded by this tool are saved to Google Drive automatically. Moreover, this tool can record in 1080p resolution, and it can embed your webcam into the recording. Besides, you can export the video to MP4, MKV, GIF, MP3, and more. Most of the users reviewed this screen recording extension as the most accessible tool to record live stream videos. As you stream a video, it will detect it and make it downloadable for you. For more understanding on how to use this tool, you can check the steps below.
- Click the link provided above to access its official website and install it on your Chrome browser.
- After installing, you will find the icon of Screencastify beside the URL bar of your Chrome browser. Sign in your Google account to begin using it.
- Now, play the live stream video, and click the Screencastify icon and press the “Record” button. It will start recording everything on your desktop screen, including the live stream video.
- Once done, click the “Stop sharing” button that you will find at the bottom of your screen to end the recording process. It will bring you to a new window where you can watch the video or download it on your PC.
Using a third-party screen recorder app on your Android is sometimes dangerous because it may bring viruses to your mobile phone. With that being said, we suggest you do the default way of recording your Android screen. However, not all Android phones have a built-in screen recorder. Only phones running on Android 10 already have their screen recorder, notably Samsung and LG phones. If you are using a Samsung phone, it is so easy to access its screen recording feature. For other phones, you might have to send an ADB command (Android Debug Bridge) to access its inbuilt screen recorder. On the other hand, we are going to list the steps on how to use Android’s default screen recorder.
- For Samsung and LG phones, swipe down twice on the Quick Settings menu to see the “Screen recorder” tile. Click on it to start recording your phone while the live stream video is playing.
- For other Android 10 devices, download Google’s Platform-Tools files on your computer by clicking this link.
- Next, connect your Android phone to your computer. Then, unhide the Developer Options menu by tapping the “Build number” seven times in a row on the “About Phone” under the “Settings” tab of your phone.
- You will be prompted to type your lock screen password for you to enable the “You are now a developer!” option. After that, go back to “Settings” and choose “Advanced” and then choose “Developer options.” It will show you a dialogue box saying “Allow USB debugging?” then select “OK” to finish.
- Once done, long-press the “Power” button to access the power menu, and then press and hold the “Screenshot” button until the “Screen Recording” button appears. Tap on it, and a new tab will appear. On that tab, select “Start now” while watching the live stream on your Android to start recording it.
We all know that iOS devices can take screenshots easily. But not all users know that iOS phones can do screen recording. It can record your iPhone screen in 1080p resolution and can record in full-screen view. Luckily, it is so easy to do it. As soon as you start recording, you can open different apps, or visit a website where you can watch live streaming videos. On that note, it will surely record live streaming videos for you to watch it offline. Keep in mind that you need to enable the screen recording feature by adding it to your Control Center for recording your phone screen quickly. To do it, keep on reading below to see the steps on how to access it.
- Go to “Settings,” select “Control Center,” and proceed to “Customize Controls.” From there, tap the “Plus” icon next to Screen Recording.
- Next, swipe up from the bottom of your iOS phone screen and long-press on the “Record” icon and then tap the “Microphone” button.
- To begin, search for the live stream video that you want to record. Then, click the “Start “Recording” button from the Control Center of your iOS phone and wait for three seconds to start recording.
- Once done, go to the “Photos” app, and select your recorded video to play it.