HBO Go is an online video streaming service that allows people to stream HBO contents like documentaries, movies and TV series on demand. Released in 2010, HBO Go is now accessible using mobile devices via the HBO Go app. With tons of video in its library, HBO Go is a haven of wonderful video contents. However, HBO Go does not support offline viewing, which means that internet connectivity is a must in order to watch a video. This is a hassle because even if you can take HBO Go anywhere using your mobile device, you cannot always have internet connection. To solve this problem, you can just record HBO Go videosHBO Go is an online video streaming service that allows people to stream HBO contents like documentaries, movies and TV series on demand. Released in 2010, HBO Go is now accessible using mobile devices via the HBO Go app. With tons of video in its library, HBO Go is a haven of wonderful video contents. However, HBO Go does not support offline viewing, which means that internet connectivity is a must in order to watch a video. This is a hassle because even if you can take HBO Go anywhere using your mobile device, you cannot always have internet connection. To solve this problem, you can just record HBO Go videos with the best screen recording software and mobile apps available. Continue reading below, to learn about the different tools that you can use to record your HBO Go videos.
Ranking first among some of the best tools to record HBO Go stream is Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro. This tool is a cut above the rest, because of its functions that makes recording screen activities easier. The tool is capable of recording both video and audio which is the same quality as with the source. Also, Screen Grabber Pro is able to enhance the video that you are recording with its real-time editing functions. The tool is capable of doing many other things aside from the mentioned functions. To learn how to get this tool and use it, follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and install Screen Grabber Pro
First thing you need to do, is to get the installer of Screen Grabber Pro by clicking one of the two download buttons below. After that, run the installer on the PC, and then follow the instructions from the setup wizard accordingly.
Try It Free
Step2 Launch Screen Grabber Pro and choose the recording mode
After installation, launch the tool from the PC to reach the main interface. Open the HBOGo video from a web-browser and then from the tool, click the “Record” button and from the list of options that will drop-down, choose the recording mode to use. “Full Screen ” covers the entire screen area which is perfect for HBOGo videos in full screen. On the other hand, the “Region” mode can cover a specific part of the screen which is perfect for small videos.
Step3 Save the recorded HBOGo video
While recording is in progress, you can add real-time annotations to the video. By clicking the “Draw” button from the floating toolbar, a panel with different enhancement option will appear. When you have recorded enough video, then finish the recording by clicking the “Stop” button from the same floating toolbar. Once the recording stops, the video will be automatically saved on your PC. The video will appear on the “Recording List” of the tool, and is playable from there. You can directly watch the video by selecting it, and clicking the “Play” button. On the other hand, in order to locate the actual video file, you will have to click the “Open file” folder button and the file location will appear.
- You start using the tool for free
- Easy to use interface
- You can record any activities from your display screen
- It can enhance your recording by putting annotations
- You have to purchase the VIP account to use the functions, free upgrade fully, and to contact the tech support
- Screen Grabber Pro only requires you to download its app to start screencasting. With that, you can begin recording HBO Go effortlessly.
Another great screen recorder that you can use to record HBO Go stream, is Acethinker Free Screen Recorder Online. This is a web-based application that does not need to be installed. Being a web-based app, it is only accessible thru an internet connection. In terms of quality, the tool provides high-quality recorded videos every time as it also captures the same quality as with the source. The tool also allows real-time video editing, which is not common among free screen recorders. The only drawback is that the video will have a watermark if you don’t have an account with Acethinker. Overall, this tool is still a top choice among other HBO Go video recorders.
Step1 Launch Free Screen Recorder Online
To launch the tool, visit the official website of this online screen recorder no download. From here, click the “Start Recording” button to access the main interface of the tool.
Step2 Adjust the Recording Frame and Begin Recording
Once the tool is launched, drag the frame to fit the section of the screen that you want to record. Once this is done, begin the recording by clicking the “Record” button. To make real-time notes and editing to the video, you can click the “Pen” icon on the recording toolbar. From the set of options available, choose the one that suits your needs.
Step3 Stop Recording Process
Once the video stream is over, finish recording it by clicking the “Stop” button on the floating toolbar. After hitting the “Stop” button, a video playback will appear. To save the video into your PC, click the “Save” icon and select “Save as Video.”
- It only requires you a web browser to use this tool
- Easily record your PC screen with one click
- No installation required
- It always needs an internet connection to use this tool
- Free Screen Recorder Online is a web-based screencasting tool that you can use to record HBO Go online.
Bandicam is another tool that you can use to record HBO Go videos. This is a more popular type of screen recorder, because it can provide continuous recording even under free trial. The tool is only exclusive for Windows and does not support MacOS at the moment. However, when you are using the free trial of this tool, the output video will bear a watermark which can be annoying to see. In order to use the full function of Bandicam, without the watermarks, you must need to purchase he licensed version. The licensed version have great perks and advantages, but is way too expensive. If you are fine with that though, you can learn how to use the tool by following the steps here.
How to Use Bandicam
- Download the installer of Bandicam by visiting its official website. From there, click the download button for the tool and install it on your PC.
- When the tool is installed, start it and the main interface will appear. From the list of available modes select the one that suits you.
- When done with the settings, initiate the recording by clicking the “Record” button from the interface.
- Once recording is done, end the recording by clicking the “Stop” button from the mini toolbar of the tool. After that, the video will be save on the default folder of the tool.
- You can add webcam overlay
- It has mouse effects that you can set
- Support Windows platform only
- Bandicam is built especially for recording high-speed gaming. You need to customize the settings first in General, FPS, Videos, and Output.
Last on list of great tools to record HBO Go is EzVid. This is a great screen recorder and video editor in one, which makes it a popular choice among users. The advantage of this tool, is that after recording the screen, you can edit the output video on the same screen that you are in. This is one way to give the user the convenience they deserve from any other screen recorders. However, the tool adds watermarks to its videos, which is commonly placed at the beginning of the video. But the fact that the tool is easy to use, and have extra features is really a plus why people use it. If this tool piqued your interest, then follow the steps below.
How to Use EZVID Screen Recorder
- Download the EzVid installer from the its official website and install it on the PC.
- Once you have successfully installed the tool, open it and from the main interface click the “Record” screen button.
- From the new window that will appear, click the “Start capture now” button. The recording will start immediately in default full screen.
- While recording on your PC, you can click the “Draw” button on the toolbar of EzVid. This allows you to add notes and other options that can enhance the video.
- Once done, click the “Stop” button from the same toolbar to end the recording.
- When you click the “Stop” button, the video will appear on the tool interface where you can edit unwanted parts off.
- Once satisfied with the output, click the “Save video” button.
- Supports editing functions to enhance the recordings
- It has 60 audio tracks that can combine with the video
- You can’t save the video files directed to your PC
- EzVid lets users record up to 45minutes with your voice, audio tracks, and cam videos.
AZ Screen Recorder is a popular screen recording application for Android devices. You don’t need to root your device to use this app and users can pause and resume recording while using this app. All you need to do is click on the record icon to begin screen recording. This app permits high quality recording up to 720p HD on 60 frames per second. You can adjust settings like the bit rate, frame rate, resolution or add a logo or text to your recorded clip. The app also features a front-facing camera overlay feature, but you have to pay for this feature to use it. You can transfer screen footage directly to your PC via Wi-Fi and the app comes with a basic built-in video editor.
How to Use AZ Screen Recorder
- Download and install app on your device from Google Play Store. Launch the application.
- An icon will pop up on the side of your device screen when you open the app and you will also be notified on your notification bar to explore or experiment with the app.
- Before you initiate the recording process, you can tweak your settings. It’s either you do that by clicking the icon on the side of your screen.
- Then you hit the green settings wheel, or you pull down your notification bar, then click the settings wheel below the AZ Screen Recorder notification.
- Once you are ready, it’s either you click the icon on the side of your screen, then you click on the red camera button, or you click the camera icon from your notification bar to begin recording.
Watching HBO Go in offline mode is impossible without using a recording tool. Without internet connectivity, there is just no way to watch when you need to. That is why with the list of tool that can record HBO Go videos above, you will be sure to get the same quality as if you are watching at home. This is true especially when using Acethinker Screen Grabber Pro, which is a versatile and functional tool. Being able to capture sound quality video and audio at the same time, makes it an indispensable tool for your recording needs.