Google Hangout is a video call and messaging application launched by Google in 2013. The app lets you contact and communicate with other users around the world. It is a great app to conduct a meeting since it allows you to create a group video chat with up to 10 members. One of the best things about using this app is that its video call and messaging features are free. Recording these video chat conversations and meetings is useful nowadays so that we can watch it anytime. Keeping a record of a meeting is more efficient than writing the essential details in a piece of paper. In this article, we will show you the best ways to record Google Hangout calls and also some crucial keynotes to remember before recording.
Best Way to Record Hangout Video Calls
For you to record Hangout Video Calls, we strongly suggest you use the AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium. This tool helps you record screen videos in HD quality like 720p and 1080p. This tool can also capture audio along with its audio like System Sound, Microphone, or both. Another good thing about this tool is it can put annotations on the video like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows while recording. You can check the steps below to start using this tool.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download the Screen Grabber Premium
First, click one of the "Download" buttons above. Then, launch it, and follow the installation guide to install the software on your computer completely. Once installed, open it so we can access its main interface.
Step 2 Set-up the Recorder
From its main interface, please select “Video Recorder.” Then, click the “Gear” icon at the rightmost part of the toolbar to open its settings. You can change the output folder, video format, quality, bitrate, hotkeys, and more. Once done, click the “OK” button to apply the changes.
Step 3 Start the Process and Annotate while Recording
To start, you can choose your preferred video mode from the leftmost part of the toolbar. You can choose if you want to record in Full-screen or Region mode. Then, click the “REC” button at the rightmost part of the toolbar to start. While recording, click the “Pen” icon from the recording toolbar to access the annotation feature. You can add different shapes, texts, lines, and you can choose any color you want.
Step 4 Stop and Save Recording
Once done, click the "Stop" button at the leftmost part of the recording toolbar. A video playback window will appear where you can watch the recorded video. You can also save the video to your computer, or re-record it if you are not satisfied with the output.
Price and System Requirements:
- $29.95 for 1 year subscription
- Windows 7/8/10
- Mac 10.8 and above
What does it best for?
- AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is widely used for creating infomercials, presentations, and tutorials since you can insert annotations in real-time.
Record Google Hangout Meeting with Paid Subscription
If you wish to record your Google Hangouts call using the app itself, you must avail of a G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise Education membership subscription. If you have one of these subscriptions, your Google Hangout app will activate its built-in recorder. Hence, once you are a member, you may follow the guideline below to teach you how to record Google Hangout video calls.
- First, go to your Google Hangout account and click the "Video Call" and input your team member's email addresses on the newly opened window. Then, click the "Invite" button to notify your team members.
- Next, when the web meeting is ready to start, hover your mouse at the lower-right part of your screen to click the "3 dots." Then, you should hit the "Record Meeting" button and wait for a few seconds until it starts the recording process.
- Lastly, to end the recording, you need to click the "3 dots" again and simply hit the "Stop Recording" button. It will take a couple of minutes to automatically save the recorded file to the meeting facilitator's Google Drive. Once done, open it and go to the folder named "Meet Recordings" to see and watch the output.
Check this Before you Start Recording
There are things we need to consider before we can execute a perfect screen recording. For capturing video calls, it is best to have good equipment for web camera, microphone, headset, and others. Check the list provided to learn more.
Things to Consider:
- Device Condition: Since we are trying to record Hangout calls, two apps will run on the device at the same time. Close unnecessary apps that might be running on the device, to make sure that you will have an optimized experience.
- Check your Lighting: For meetings, it is necessary that your colleagues can also see you properly. It is better that the room where you would record webcam is well-lit and or you can add extra lighting to be sure.
- Avoid Unnecessary Noises: There is always a possibility that background noise will occur while you are engaged in a video call. It is the best to inside a room without disturbing sounds or echo.
- Good Screen Recorder: Finally, it is best to have a screen recorder that can capture the video and audio in HD quality. Everything is wasted if the tool that you will use is not good enough to meet proper requirements on a good screen recording. For this, you can rely on the list below and find out the best one.