The BBC is one of the most renowned and reputed news channels due to its credible news reporting and high-end production. That is why it has massive viewership all across the world.
The BBC iPlayer Stream may be referred to as the live streaming channel for BBC UK. It is officially accessible only for the residents of UK, but any one residing in any part of the world can get access to it by using a VPN. People not only like to watch it, but they seem eager to record BBC iPlayer streams to watch later and share with their friends and family members. Here are the best iPlayer recording software and applications that can be used to record iPlayer streams on PCs and mobiles.
When it comes to BBC iPlayer video and audio recording, Screen Grabber Pro is the best recording tool. It offers a large variety of high-end features that make it easy to record BBC iPlayer streams. It allows you to record video and audio simultaneously from your screen activity. During the recording process, you can even use the built-in editor to edit the screencast in the real time. Moreover, because a number of output formats are provided, you can share your screencasts anywhere you want. Last but not least, the task scheduler functions lets you set automatic screen recordings as per your own schedule. Download the version of the program you require and follow the simple steps below to record iPlayer streams in a hassle-free way.
Try It Free
Step1 Configure the Recording Settings
Open the program and configure a few basic settings before you start the iPlayer Go to Settings>Options and select hotkeys, video format, and output directory folder, and more. You can also choose the audio input source from the drop-down Audio Input menu and select a recording mode from the Record menu. Note that if you want to record BBC iPlayer radio for listening offline, you can choose the recording method Only Audio to capture only the audio.
Step2 Start Recording BBC iPlayer Streams
Now you can navigate to find the iPlayer stream video you wish to record. When it’s ready to play, go back to Screen Grabber Pro and hit the Start button to begin the recording and you will see the window as below.
Step3 Complete the Recording
When you’re done with the recording, hit the Stop button and the video will be saved to the folder you’ve preset and it also will be displayed in the list on the main interface. You’re free to rename, locate or delete the file as you like.
If you do not want to go through the botheration of downloading and installing the screen recorder on your computer, you can also use the free online screen recorder to record the BBC iPlayer live stream. All you need to do is to open it up and hit the Start button to start off with recording your screen activity.
Camtasia Studio is another great BBC iPlayer recording program. It basically is a professional screen recorder and video editor that not only allows you to record your screen activity but also enables you to carry out a variety of different editing tasks on your videos as well. The software is very user friendly and easy to understand. That’s the reason why it does not require any prior experience and might be easily used by any one. With it, you can record anything happening on your computer screen and also record videos through your webcam. Animations, transitions, voice narration, audio effects, visual effects, interactivity, etc. are provided to enhance your recording instantly. Moreover, you can import high quality images and videos to your editing project.
- Before the recording, you can just visit the official website of Camtasia Studio and download the right version according to the operating system you’re using.
- After that, run the setup file and install it on your computer by following the wizard.
- Run the program and configure the recording options like the audio input, output video format, quality, etc. by clicking the corresponding icon.
- Once you’re done with all the settings, play the BBC iPlayer video you wish to record and click the REC button to start the recording.
- Click the Stop button to end and finalize the recording.
- Afterwards, you can use the powerful video editing functions to edit and video content to create a fancy video as you want.
Jing is yet another screen recording tool that might be used to record iPlayer stream. It is a high end desktop application by tech smith and is being used by thousands of people across the world to carry out different basic video editing jobs including screen activity recording as well. So if you are looking for a free software application to record BBC iPlayer, you might want to give Jing a try. The official website of Jing also offers free tutorials on how you might use it to carry out the basic kind of video editing on your computer.
Steps on how to use JING:
- Directly navigate to Google and do a research for Jing. The list that will appear first is TechSmith.
- Proceed and click on that listing, and you will be directed right to the download page of Jing.
- You can also download it for both PC and Mac. You will need to get the software downloaded and installed on your PC.
- When you see a little sun on the top side of your computer’s screen border appear, that indicates that Jing is up and running.
- This applications displays on top of your computer irrespective of any other application you are using at the moment.
- You will see three options whenever you hover your mouse over the sun icon. To start a recording process, place your mouse on the left option using the crosshairs.
- Your cursor will now become active with the crosshairs, in such a way that you will be able to choose what you desire to record.
- You can choose a window, sections of a window, or you can click on and then drag your crosshairs, to highlight a particular area. Then determine if you need to capture a video or an image.
- Once you select the option of recording a video, you screen as well as your voice will be recorded via your computer mic.
- You can take note of your time while you record and take note that as you get close to 5 minutes. When you finish, you simply hit the stop button and then have the video.
ScreenFlow is a high end screen recording and video editing software that might serve the purpose of being an iPlayer recording software for your computer (It’s only available for Mac and there is no ScreenFlow for Windows). It is a paid software that offers high end results when it comes to recording the screen activity of your computer and performing a variety of basic video editing tasks. It not only allows you to record any activity on your computer, you can then perform the basic editing operations on your recorded data.
Here’s how you use ScreenFlow:
- At the beginning, go to the website of ScreenFlow, download and install it on your Mac and then double click its icon to launch the application.
- If you’re ready to start the video recording, you can then choose New Recording to proceed.
- In the Configure Recording window, select the capture device, audio input, etc. and then you can specify some more specific parameters like the frame rate, recording time and more in the following window.
- When you’re ready to go, click the red circle button to start capturing full screen or you can select a particular region by dragging and dropping the mouse cursor.
- The recording will begin after a countdown.
- To stop the recording, you can either press Shift-Command-2 or choose the Stop Record option from the helper menu.
If you are wondering how to record BBC iPlayer on your computer, you might want to check out the TinyTake screen recorder for Windows. It is a comparatively newer software which was recently launched with an entirely fresh look. It allows you to capture an ongoing activity on your computer screen as well as from your webcam. You can also annotate any images or video data. After the recording, you can save as well as share the stuff you created via links or upload your video captures directly onto YouTube.
Steps on using TinyTake:
- First of all, download and install TinyTake on your computer and run the program after successful installation.
- You will have to log in in order to use TinyTake to capture videos.
- If you already have an account, you can just enter the username and password to log in.
- If you don’t have one, you can register one with your email address, which takes only a few seconds.
- When you have logged in, select Capture Video to use the shortcut CTRL + V to start the recording.
- You can then play the BBC iPlayer video and drag and drop to choose the region you want to be included in the final video.
- After that, click Start Recording to start capturing the video from BBC iPlayer.
- Click Finish to end the recording and then press Save to store the video onto your local drive.
DU Recorder is a free, reliable and popular screen recording app for iOS that can help you record BBC iplayer stream on iPhone and iPad. You can use this app to record or stream live content on your device like gameplay, tutorials, live shows, etc. This amazing app gives users complete control on video quality, whether you are live streaming or recording your screen. The app also features a built-in video editing tool that allows you edit your videos to your desired taste. You can trim, cut, crop, add text, add audio, and much more. And this app also have an Android version.
Quick guide on using DU Recorder:
- Play the BBC iPlayer stream on your iOS device.
- If you want to save the recording to your photos, tap Record to Local Device.
- Then select Start Recording, click DU Recorder, and select Start Broadcast.
- A red bar will appear at the top of your screen when you start recording.
- Click on the red bar if you want to stop recording and then touch the stop button to confirm.
- You will receive a notification that your footage was saved to your device.
The above 5 tools are the top screen recorders for BBC iPlayer video and audio recording in Windows and Mac. Each has its advantages and disadvantages as illustrated. If you need to record a small part of BBC iPlayer stream, you can have a try on TinyTake and Jing as they offer a free version with limited time recording. If you need to edit the video in deep, than Camtasia Studio and ScreenFlow will a better choice. If you want easy and high quality video recording, Screen Grabber Pro might be the best option among the 5 ones.
If i have missed some great tools that can be used to record streaming videos from BBC iPlayer, please let me know by leaving a comment. Thank you!