A lot of game lovers fancy the idea of sharing their gameplay on social platforms for others to see, comment, or learn a trick or two; as a result, 3DS game recording is becoming more popular than it used to be. Do you need an easy way to record your 3DS gameplay in high quality? Are you interested in showing how amazing you are on 3DS gameplay with friends, family, or the online community? Then you need a reliable tool to capture your gameplay effectively, and the standard way most people used at the moment is to record 3DS gameplayA lot of game lovers fancy the idea of sharing their gameplay on social platforms for others to see, comment, or learn a trick or two; as a result, 3DS game recording is becoming more popular than it used to be. Do you need an easy way to record your 3DS gameplay in high quality? Are you interested in showing how amazing you are on 3DS gameplay with friends, family, or the online community? Then you need a reliable tool to capture your gameplay effectively, and the standard way most people used at the moment is to record 3DS gameplay. Read this post on two easy solutions to record 3DS gameplay. Once you are done the reading, recording 3DS gameplay will no longer be an issue.
The first solution that you can do is to connect your 3DS to PC, and you can record it by using the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. This tool is excellent for recording your PC screen in full screen or region mode. It means that you can record your gameplay on your 3DS in high-quality resolution. Also, you can use an external web camera to record your 3DS using this tool. Since this tool supports lots of video formats, you can save the recorded video in MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, or other popular video formats you preferred. Besides, Screen Grabber Pro has a fantastic feature called the “Task Scheduler” that enables you to set a schedule on recording your 3DS. To know how to use this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and install the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro
First of all, get the installer of Screen Grabber Pro by clicking one of the “Download” buttons below. Then launch it, and follow the installation guidelines on installing the tool to your PC. After that, connect your 3DS device on your PC using a USB cable. Once connected, you will see your 3DS screen has been mirrored on your computer.
Step2 Start recording your 3DS
Next, go to Screen Grabber Pro, and click on the “Record” button at the upper leftmost part of the tool. Then, choose if you want to record in full-screen or region mode. It will start recording after you select one of the video output modes.
Step3 Play the recorded video
Once done, click the “Stop” button to finish the recording process. You can then watch the recorded video by right-clicking the recording within the main interface of Screen Grabber Pro. Then, select “Preview” to play the video automatically. You can also go to its output folder by choosing the “Open folder” menu.
Another software that can help users to record 3DS gameplay without breaking a sweat is Bandicam. The developer of the software claims that it is one of the best game recorders since it produces high-quality outputs. Due to its powerful functions, it allows users to capture the 3D gameplay in 4K resolution. Aside from that, it also offers other features like a real-time annotator that lets users insert shapes, draw lines, and more. Moreover, it enables users to share their gameplay recording to YouTube instantly. However, users could only record for a maximum time of 10 minutes if they are only using its free trial version. To learn more about this solution, check the steps provided below.
- First, click the link given here to visit the official website of Bandicam. Download and install the software to save it on your computer. Once done, launch it to access its main interface.
- Next, plug-in the Nintendo 3DS to the computer using a USB Cable. Once plugged-in, the screen of the gaming console will project on the computer’s screen.
- From its main interface, access the “Game Recording Mode” option then select “Video”. After that, launch the mirrored window of the Nintendo 3DS then go back to Bandicam to click the “Rec” button.
- Play any 3DS games you want as Bandicam will record it for you. To save it, click the “Stop” button from the recording window. Finally, open the folder where you save the recorded file to watch it.
The second method that you can try to record 3DS is to buy a Nintendo 3DS Capture Card and install it on your game console. Currently, this facility is only available in the USA, Germany, and Japan. It’s either you order online to receive at your location, or you send your gaming console to the company, and they will return it with the modification. What the professionals do is to create an extra Mini USB port on the backside of Nintendo 3DS. However, it will take you a while to install this device on your 3DS just to record your 3DS gameplay. But still, this is one of the best solutions that you can use to record your 3DS. If you already have a Nintendo 3DS Capture card on your device, you can follow the steps below on how to use it.
- If you have Nintendo 3DS Capture Card installed on your 3DS device, install its viewer software by connecting it to your PC via mini USB cable.
- Next, you will need to open any recording software you have to specify the source of your video capture.
- Now, launch the recording tool that you are using and follow the on-screen instruction to begin the recording process.
- Once you are done recording, you can save your gameplay footage and share it with your friends or family.
If you don’t have the money to buy an expensive capture card, you can still record 3DS gameplay. You can use a smartphone or an external web camera to record the 3DS screen. However, this will take a lot of effort before you can record your 3DS. You will need a stable tripod for both phone and 3DS devices. Also, it might record unnecessary noise in your surroundings since you are using an external recording device. But still, it is a lot cheaper than buying a Nintendo 3DS Capture Card. You can follow the steps below to start recording 3DS without a capture card.
- Set your smartphone on a clap and adjust till you get a perfect-focused position on your 3DS gameplay.
- Open camera in your phone, look for a suitable view angle that can capture your full screen.
- Make sure every other application running on your phone is closed during this period to prevent interruptions from notifications.
- Ensure your environment is calm and begin your 3DS game video recording. Turn off your phone camera if you are done the recording. Don’t forget to save your video.
The second method is much more comfortable and fast compared with the first method since all you need to record your gameplay is a smartphone. However, you may notice some issues with the recording when done; for instance, you may not be impressed with the quality. Finding the best position to place your phone to record may also be a challenge, ensure you get the perfect shooting angle before you start recording. This is why the first method is better, it saves you the stress of finding an ideal angle to record, and you don’t have to worry about the video quality. The first method is more stable and reliable. To record 3DS gameplay instantly, download and install the AceThinker Screen Recorder. Have an enjoyable high-quality 3DS gameplay video experience.