Omegle is a free chatting website that allows you to communicate with random strangers. This online site provides two options for chatting. The first one is "Text," you can exchange messages with a stranger. Meanwhile, the next option is "Video," you can start talking with random people by video calling. The best thing about Omegle is you don't need to worry about your identity. It will not disclose any of your personal information unless you're the one to reveal yourself. We can't deny that this site is useful for making friends with different people across the globe.
On the other hand, Omegle has drawbacks, too. One of these is that it doesn't offer filters for selecting what type of people you prefer to talk with—for example, gender, age, location, and more. In this case, I list down similar sites like Omegle you can use to start socializing with strangers.
Chatroulette is considered as one of the best sites similar to Omegle. This chat website has been running for ten years and was founder by a 17-year old boy named Andrey Ternovskiy. The concept of this site started on the communication tool he used, called Skype, and from the movie, "The Deer Hunter." With the help of Chatroulette, you will be able to communicate with random people online. This is best for users who prefer to do video chatting and see the other party's face in real-time. Moreover, Chatroulette also developed the "Filtered Chat" for users who are not interested in explicit topics. Further, to start pairing you to another user, make sure you have a webcam and a microphone plugged-in to your computer to start a video chat.
- Users are allowed to blur the video of the other parties.
- People can exchange messages through text chats.
- Chatroulette is available around the world.
- You can access the site for free without signing up.
- It doesn’t have enough category options, like age, location and so on.
- The homepage is too plain and not appealing.
Try it for Free
Next on the list of Omegle similar sites is TinyChat. TinyChat started in 2009 and is becoming more and more popular today. This is an online chat community where people can start communicating via chat, video call, or voice call. The most excellent feature of this chatting website is it allows you to talk with a group of people who share the same interests. Apart from this, you can also make your virtual chat room where you can add or kick out your followers as an admin. Moreover, TinyChat has a feature where you can watch live streams or any videos provided by the different rooms you want to join in.
- TinyChat has Android and iOS mobile apps.
- It has a friendly user interface where people can easily access its features, such as making chat rooms.
- Signing up is needed first before exploring the chatting platform.
- You should be a premium user to access its full features, like viewing video chats up to HD quality and in full screen.
Another Omegle alternative is FaceFlow. It is a free chatting platform where you can be connected to many people around the world. FaceFlow provides excellent and amazing features for its users. To mention, you can send a friend request to someone. Also, you can accept, decline, or block a person who sent you a friend request. Further, this online chatting site allows you to join a group of video calling or text chatting. But if you are looking for a more exciting way of meeting new people, you can select "Find Random Partner." Here, you are going to be randomly paired with another user.
- You can send files, like pictures, documents, and videos to the person you are talking with.
- People can listen to one song played on their group chat.
- Users can change their activity status, such as “Online,” “Away,” “Busy,” and “Invisible.”
- It has a mobile app version available for both Android and iOS smartphones.
- Ads are also popping-up randomly while chatting with others.
Fruzo is an online chatting site that started in 2016, but it is becoming more popular now on the internet. It is an alternative to Omegle where you can chat and start making friends with different people from other countries. Through this site, it is even possible to meet a dating partner. This site's main feature is video chatting. With this, it is highly recommended to the people who are interested in exchanging thoughts via video calls. Moreover, Fruzo designed a friendly homepage to free its users from any inconvenience while utilizing it. Meanwhile, it has a chat filter to easily find matches by age, gender, country, and so on.
- You can follow people to see any updates on their profiles.
- It has cute stickers you can use while talking via video calls.
- You need to sign up or be a member first to upgrade to the “Chatrandom PLUS” feature, where you can be free from ads and use private chats.
If you want to experience how to chat online for free, you can check ChatHub.cam. It is an online platform designed to give you opportunities to meet lots of people around the world. This solution has similarities to Omegle, like you can talk with random strangers by video calling and text exchanging. One of the best things about this chatting website is its function, where you can view four people at one time and select the one you liked. On the other hand, males can't use this feature because it is only intended for female users. Another good thing about ChatHub.cam is you can block people who break the rules and show inappropriate behavior.
- Users can access ChatHub.cam on their mobile phones.
- It has the “No Multiple Match” filter, where it avoids you to match to the same person all over again.
- To enable the “Gender Filter” you need to have a subscription.
To complete the list of free Omegle alternatives, here is Paltalk. It is a messaging service that you can use to interact with strangers online. Like Omegle, it also allows you to communicate with different people via video chatting, and text chatting. On the other hand, the main difference is you can join a group call or group chat using PalTalk. Equally important, users can enter different chat rooms that have specific topics. Through this, you can quickly look for people who have the same interests and hobbies as you. Also, all chat rooms are moderated, which means it blocks obscene and inappropriate content.
- Users can post YouTube audio and video clips in chat rooms so everyone can watch and listen together.
- It has gifts and stickers which you can share with the people in the group.
- It has pop-up advertisements appearing randomly that might annoy most users.
How to identify a good chatter site?
We can't deny that online chatting sites play an exciting role to many people, searching for a soulmate, friend, or lover online. With that being said, people should look for perfect online sites for the best experiences. So, here are some considered standards to say that a chatting site is good or not.
- The best chatter site should allow users to meet a lot of people across the globe.
- It should allow people to communicate via text, video call, and audio chat.
- It must have enough filters to quickly find a person you prefer to talk with, for example, by age, nationality or location, gender, and so on.
- Users must access the site's full features for free.
- A great online chatting site should be safe and must protect your privacy as much as possible.