Screen recorders are used to capture the activities you do on your desktop screen. It is often utilized to make tutorial videos, record gameplays, document video conferences, and even record videos from different streaming platforms. Most of the time, the best format to save your output is in the MP4 file. It is because the MPEG-4 Video file is one of the most standard video formats, as it is widely supported by several video players installed on almost any device. Moreover, I have tried and tested the best MP4 recorders for all platforms. Here is the list of the best MP4 recorder that you can try as well.
Best MP4 Recorder for Win/Mac - Screen Grabber Premium
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is one of the best screen recorders that you can use to save videos in MP4 format. You can record in full-screen, region mode, and webcam with this tool. Besides, it can include the system sound, microphone, or both when recording. Moreover, you can put annotations like shapes, lines, arrows, and texts while recording. It is great when making a video tutorial or product demo because you can put narrations in it. To start using this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Software
You can start by clicking one of the “Download” buttons above to download the tool. Then, launch it and follow the installation wizard to install the tool to your computer. Once done, open the app to get familiarized with it.
Step 2 Configure the settings
Next, click the “Menu” button at the upper rightmost part of the tool and select “Settings.” You can change the output folder, video and audio format, framerate, hotkeys, and more. Then, click the “OK” button to save the settings.
Step 3 Begin screen recording
Now you are set, choose if you are goint to record full-screen or region mode at the leftmost part of the toolbar. Then, click the “REC” button to start recording. It will show you a floating toolbar where you can control the recording process. From there, click the “Pen” icon to put arrows, shapes, lines, and texts while recording.
Step 4 Watch the recorded video
Once done, click the “Stop” button at the leftmost part of the toolbar to end the recording process. It will show you a video playback where you can watch the video. You can also save the video from there or re-record if you want to start again.
- AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium allows you to use its annotation feature while recording to draw, add texts, shapes, or icons to highlight important details on your file.
- Using this tool you can take screenshots quickly on your desktop screen (Full screen or particular region).
- It is capable of recording the audio-only and save it into popular audio formats, including MP3, AAC, OGG, and the likes. It is a helpful feature to record the sound from different music
streaming platforms, like SoundCloud, Spotify, and more.
- Water mark is embedded to recorded video for free trial version.
Best MP4 Screen Recorder for Linux - OBS Studio
OBS Studio is another excellent MP4 video recorder, which is also available for Windows and Mac computers. It is a popular software for gamers as it has advanced buttons for screencasting, like adding screen transitions to make your file more creative. With OBS Studio, you can immediately save the captured screencast in MP4 format by setting it up on the "Recording format," which is located on the Output settings. Moreover, when it comes to video quality, you can get the same resolution on the streaming site you visited for recording, or you can pick the "High Quality" from the list, depending on what you like.
- OBS Studio has a dark and light theme to take some strain off of your eyes.
- It also lets you fix the bit rate to avoid quality issues during desktop recording.
- It is not accessible to Windows XP, meaning you can’t launch OBS Studio if you’re a Windows XP user.
Best Free MP4 Screen Capture Online - Free Screen Recorder
Next, is a based-browser free screen recorder MP4, called AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online.This tool lets you create videos through recording your desktop screen, opened windows, or streaming sites, and store it as MP4 files. Also, it is commonly used to capture desktop screen movements along with the audio input from the microphone, system sound, or both. Through AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online, you can capture videos from various streaming sites with no recording time limit. Meanwhile, its toolbar and buttons are designed uncomplicatedly and easily understandable.
Step 1 Launch the Online Tool
First, hit the link given above to visit of AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online. Next, access the recording toolbar by clicking the "Start Recording" button. Once done, click the "More" button and "Settings." Then, hit the "Video Format Drop-down" and select the MP4 format.
Step 2 Set up the System and the Screen Size
After that, click the "Drop-down" of the audio input to choose among the "System Sound," "Microphone," or both for your audio source. Next, set up the screen by clicking the "Fullscreen" icon to record the whole screen of your desktop or arrange the screen size using the "Region drop-down."
Step 3 Start the Recording Process
Once done, click the "Record" icon to start the recording process. Wait for a few seconds to record your screen. Next, hit the "Stop" button to end the recording process—a playback window pop-ups where you can check the recorded video.
Step 4 Save and Play the Video
Lastly, click the "Save" icon at the lower leftmost part of the playback window to immediately save the output to your hard drive. Then, hit the "Save as Video File" to select a folder from your device. After that, open the output folder you selected to see the video file. From here, double-click on the file to start playing it.
- You can enable its hotkeys to have control over your recording, like to start, pause, or stop the recording using your keyboard.
- It allows you to include annotation during a desktop recording, like drawing, adding texts, lines, and shapes to make the important information noticeable.
- It has a feature where you can customize the screen size to only capture a specific region on your monitor, or you can record the full screen of your desktop.
- It lacks editing features, such as for adding filters, effects, or trimming.
Best Chrome OS MP4 Video Recorder - Screencastify
Screencastify is a Chrome screen recorder MP4. Unlike the solutions mentioned above, Screencastify is an add-on but has excellent features for screencasting as well. The best thing about this solution is that it can be accessible even if you're not connected to any source of internet. To do that, you need to add the extension first on your Chrome to access Screencastify. After that, you can use its full features, like capturing the whole screen of your computer, or if you only want to record your webcam, Screencastify can do it, too. Aside from that, your outputs can be exported as an MP4 file, which is one of the most recognizable video formats for media players.
- It allows you to save your output as an MP3 format, which is good if you want to keep it as a music file.
- You can instantly upload your Screencastify's outputs directly on the official YouTube website.
- Screencastify is only exclusive for Chrome.
Best Android MP4 Video Capture - Mobizen Screen Recorder
Mobizen Screen Recorder is an Android free MP4 recorder which is available on Google Play Store.It is used to create videos using your screencast outputs and save them in MP4 format. Aside from that, it lets you edit the recorded file you did on your Android smartphone, like trimming or cutting. Moreover, the highest quality supported by Mobizen Screen Recorder is for up to 1080p resolution, meaning you can watch your videos in high definition. Meanwhile, its straightforward buttons help users to navigate the screen recorder app easily.
- You can adjust the frame rate for up to 60 FPS, for smoother and less buffering experience while watching the output.
- You can remove or add the watermark of Mobizen Screen Recorder on your outputs.
- Advertisements are popping-up while accessing the tool.
Best iOS App to Create Screencast to MP4 - Record it!
Lastly, another MP4 screen capture app for iOS is the Record It app. It can be installed to capture videos or activities you do on the screen of your iOS device. Also, to enhance the output of Record It, you can include video reactions with audio commentary. Plus, you can heighten it more by adding video filters. Meanwhile, the best thing about it, too, is that it can export your file to MP4 format in just a few clicks.
- You can directly share your captured screencast on your YouTube channel.
- You can enhance your output more using its editing feature, like for trimming, splitting, cutting, and more.
- You need to purchase the Pro version to access its full features, such as video recording for up to 1080p resolution.
|Features||Screen Grabber Premium||OBS Studio||Free Screen Recorder||Screencastify||Mobizen||Record it!|
|Output Format||MP4, AVI, MP3, OGG and more||MP4, MOV, MKV, and more||MP4, WMV, AVI and more.||MP4, GIF, or MP3||MP4||MP4 and GIF|
|Recording Quality||4K, 1080p, and 720p||720p||up to 1080p||up to 1080p||1080p Resolution||up to 1080p|
|Platform||Win/Mac||Win/Mac/Linux||Win/Mac||Chrome for Win Only||Android||iOS|
|Editing features||Add texts, arrows, shapes, and more
Trim, merg, add effects, etc. on the videos
|Cursor effects, split, cut, speed changing, blending modes, add video effects||Add texts, shapes, lines and the likes||Trim, Draw using the pen tool, add text to videos and merge, or crop||Trim, Cut, and Images on the video file.||Trim, Adjust the playback speed, Change background color, and Rotate|
|Price||$29.95/year||Free||Free||Free||$1.00 - $46.99 per item||$199/year|