Movavi Screen Capture is a lightweight yet powerful video recording software which has been used by many people due to its offering of a great screen capture experience. However, the recorded video files of this tool are not possible to upload in any video sharing sites like YouTube. It will only be saved on your computer and listed on the program’s main interface. Therefore in this article we are going to present you the top 8 MOVAVI Screen Capture alternatives that offer the same or even better capturing process for you. Just check the compiled list below and find out more about the available alternatives directly.
When it comes to screen recorders as Movavi alternatives, one of the most recited and recommended screen recorder is AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro, which you to record your screen activities in an entire screen or in a specific area. It can also capture videos from online, live meetings, save video chats, and perform many other recording options. This tool has a web-based and Mac version. This makes the tool more reliable to use. Moreover, as a distinctive feature, this program allows you to schedule a recording task ahead in time, when the program will capture your screen without the need that you operate the recording process by yourself, so you can be away and enjoy all the benefits. Below are the steps to use this MOVAVI Screen Capture alternative to record your computer screen.
Step1 Download and Activate the Application
Before recording it is important to download the Acethinker Screen Recorder Pro program on your Mac or Windows computer from the button provided below and install it accordingly.
Try It Free
Step2 Customize the Capture Frame and Start Recording
After installing the application on your computer, click the “Record” drop-down menu to choose the recording option suitable to your preference. Here you can choose either you will capture a specific part or full screen. In addition, you can also select to capture around a mouse, with a web camera or only audio. When you are done choose the capture area, you can now click the “Start” button to start the recording process.
Step3 Annotate while recording
While recording, you can add some annotations like arrows, shapes, texts, and more. Just simply drag down the “Pen” icon that you can see on the floating toolbar under the capture area. Once you have finished the recording by clicking on the “Stop” button. After that, you can preview you recorded video that is listed on the main interface of the application.
Screencast-O-Matic is a good alternative to Movavi Screen Capture to record screen activities such as tutorials, video presentations, live stream games, and more. The tool has a web-based version but it does not have built-in editing features and limits you up to 15 minutes of recording. This has a simple interface but leaves watermarks on your recording. For you to have a good experience in recording while using the tool, you need to try the Pro version that offers you a long time of recording and more advanced video editing tools.
- From a web browser, go to the website of Screen-O-Matic . Then, click the “Launch From Recorder” button to launch the tool.
- Next, select if you are going to recording in full-screen or region mode. Then, click the “Record” button from the toolbar to start the recording process.
- Once done, click the “Pause” button from the floating toolbar. Video playback will appear where you can check the recorded video. Click the “Done” button and a small window will pop-up.
- From there, click the “Save as Video File” to keep the video on your PC.
Open Broadcaster Software is a free software for video recording and live streaming. It has the ability to mix video and audio real-time during the recording and also capture scenes in an unlimited amount where it is possible to have smooth switches with transitions. The OBS screen recorder supports Windows, macOS 10.11+, and even Linux. In contrary, OBS does not work on computers which run Windows XP or earlier versions of Window.
- First, visit the official website of OBS Studio to download and install it on your PC.
- Then, launch the tool, and click on the “Start Recording” icon at the rightmost part of the tool to begin the recording process.
- To end the recording process, click the “Stop Recording” button from the toolbar the rightmost part of the tool.
- You can preview the video from the recording folder of the OBS Studio.
When it comes to the best Movavi alternatives on the market, Camtasia is another mentionable alternative which can give you all the necessary features which Movavi is famous for, as well as that it is able to enhance this experience for you in many ways. Although Camtasia is a more expensive program than Movavi, this drawback is compensated in many side in the program, as the users who decide on using this program are offered a very good and smooth user experience on the interface of the program, and can record their activity of any kind on their screen within high quality and smooth recording speed and process, which is a good point for deciding on using this tool.
- First, go to the official site of Camtasia to download and install the tool on your PC.
- Then, launch the tool and click the “REC” button at the rightmost part of the tool to begin recording.
- When you are finished, click the “Stop” button at the same location as the “REC” button to end the recording process.
- To preview the recorded video, go to its output directory from where you saved the video.
If you are looking for a software that you can use as an alternative to Movavi Screen Capture, Bandicam is another tool that is suitable for you. With this tool, you can capture video and audio simultaneously. It is also best for recording gaming sessions, computer tutorials, demonstrations and more. It can record videos up to 120 fps (frames per second). The tool is equipped with a lot of tools and settings to provide a great recording experience. But, the interface of this application is a little bit confusing because of the custom frames for Windows that makes the UI elements difficult to see and identify.
- Go to the website of Bandicam to download its software on your PC.
- Next, run the tool, and choose if you are going to record in full screen or region mode. After that, click the “REC” button at the upper rightmost part of the tool to begin the recording process.
- Once done, press the “Stop” button to finish recording. To check the recorded video, go to the file location you set, and double-click on the video to play it automatically.
When it comes to other alternatives, a reputable screen recording tool on the market is Snagit, which is developed by the same developers who aired Jing, and who are famous for adding a lot of effort to improved user experience, and has also strong focus on maintaining the smoothness of the recording and having a very easy to navigate interface. Although this program is also a bit more expensive that Movavi, these differences in the layout and experience, as well as the provided features will also put this tool to the list of mentionable alternatives which can be a preferred option for screen recording.
- You can visit the official website of Snagit by clicking the this link.
- From there, download the installer of Snagit, and install it on your PC.
- Next, click the “Video” tab to customize the recording settings like file location, hotkeys, video and audio formats.
- After that, click the red “Capture” button to choose if you are going to record in fullscreen or region mode. Then, click the “Record” button to start the recording process.
- Once done, click the “Stop” button, and the editing window will appear. From there, you can enhance the recorded video by putting annotations like drawings and text. You can also preview the video from there.
As an interesting and widely different alternative solution to replace the Movavi screen capture tool with a better and faster program, Screencastify is a mentionable tool which might worth to have a try and a look on the list. This screen capturing tool is practically a screen recording extension for Google Chrome which can therefore be used from the Chrome browser, and it is the Chrome browser which must be installed first to the desktop or laptop computer of your choice. This tool offers solutions to create tutorial, customer support, product demo, and training videos among other activities on the screen, and therefore can be a great support to create the recording of the activity of your need.
- Go to Chrome web store and search for Screencastify to add it to your Chrome extension.
- After that, click the Screencastify icon beside the address bar, click the “Record” button, and choose if you are going to record your entire screen or in region mode. Then, click the “Share” button to begin the recording process.
- Once done, click the “Stop Sharing” button to finish the recording process. The video will automatically play for you to check the recorded video.
The Movavi Screen Capture tool is in general a great screen recorder, however many alternatives are available on the market which can provide you the same or better recording experience, as especially the ones which are mentioned above on the list of our top selection. However all of these programs have their own advantage or disadvantage when you compare them with the other, therefore it is important to be clear with what benefit they can provide, and that you choose the one which is the most suitable to you. In either way we recommend you to try out the AceThinker software as one of the best available solution at hand that will definitely leave a good impression on you. If you have used any screen recorder before that is not in our lists, leave a comment here. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.