Live streamings are in trend now a day. There are many people that are hook up in watching live streaming because there are many famous celebrities or talented streamers are involved. In some instances, we might want to record the live stream video to save it in our computer for reviewing purposes. In the article, I will present you the best tools to record your live stream video easily.
Free Screen Recorder – Best Free Solution in Live Recording
AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is one of the live screen recorder you can use freely. It is highly recommended tool in doing screencasting since you can access this tool without any installation and you can use it in a single click. Unlike other tools, it doesn’t leave any watermarks or any time limit. It also records your system audio and mic.
To use this tool, youhttps://acethinker.com/free-screen-recorder may refer to the steps below:
Step1 Launch the application
The first thing you need to do to use this as a live screen recorder, you need to visit the official website of AceThinker Free Screen Recorder (https://acethinker.com/free-screen-recorder). Once you are in the main website you may launch the application by simply clicking the start button.
Step2 Adjust and Capture
After launching the app, you may go to your target video. After that, you have to adjust your desired frame to capture your video properly. Once done you may start your recording by clicking the “rec” button.
Step3 Finish and save
Once everything is done, you may stop the recording by clicking the blue pause button. If you wish to save the recorded file, you can click the green check button, then the recorded file will automatically be saved on your computer.
- No watermark and no time limit
- Web-based application
- Free and easy to use
- Little bit laggy when recording heavy frame rate games
CamStudio is one of the famous professional screen recorders with a built-in SWF Producer. SFW Producer is used to turning AVI (Audio Video Interleaved) format into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs). This tool is also known because it allows the user to produce a video with clickable links to direct the viewers easily in some demonstration videos. It is also a wonderful tool to record live stream since it records the audio of your computer.
- Contains a built in SWF Producer
- Can produce a video with clickable links
- Output file size is large
- Cost more CPU resource
How to Use the Cam Studio?
1. Go to the CamStudio website to the download the program. This tool won’t cost you anything because it is a freeware. Then, install the recorder on your computer by clicking the “setup.exe” file.
2. Once it is installed, open CamStudio to start the recording process.
3. Select Region. The tool allows you to select the region are on your screen to be recorded. Simply click the “Region” button and you can choose between the fixed region and full screen.
4. Select Video Options. You can take full control of the video quality according to your need. Just go the “Options” button and select “Video Options” to adjust the quality.
5. To start the process, click the red “Record” button. If you want to stop recording, just click the blue button or hit the system tray icon and choose your option. Once you are done recording, you can save it to your desired location which will automatically let you watch your recording right away.
Screencast O Matic
One of the few useful web-based screen recorder which is trusted by many users to create and share screen recordings. Screencast-O-Matic allows the user to produce high-quality videos but it is limited to web pages and simple screen activity. This tool will be a bit laggy when used to record gameplay.
- Can save your video into Mp4, AVI and FLV
- Can automatically upload your video to Youtube and Vimeo
- This tool doesn’t contain any video editing tools
- You can only record for a maximum of 15 minutes
Steps to Get Started With Screen-O-Matic
1. Go to Screencast-O-Matic website. Once you are on the site, you will have the option of registering for an account by clicking the “Got Account?” link. If you created an account, you will be able to view all of your recording uploaded to the site in one place.
2. Click on the “Start Recording” button. You may do this even without an account.
3. Next, hit the “Launch Recorder” option. A pop-up will Window will be displayed, then click the “Open Screen Recorder Launcher” option. You may also want to check the box saying “remember my choice for Screen Recorder Launcher links” to avoid it from reappearing.
4. Once the program is launched, a screen capturing frame will appear. You can choose to record the entire Window screen or select a specific area by clicking and dragging the corner areas of the frame. You can also move the whole frame by holding the central arrows.
5. Customize the settings. Click the cog icon. Choose whether you want to record screen, yourself with a webcam, or both.
6. Start recording. Simply click on the red “Rec” button to start. While recording, you can make some edits by selecting the pencil icon. When you want to pause or stop recording, just hit the blue button.
Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is one of the few screen recorders where you can not only record your screen activity but also has an additional feature to take and edit screenshots instantly on your desktop screen. It also offers a unique attribute where you can add annotations when recording a video which is very handy for doing live streamings.
- It has a simplified interface
- Can save videos to various formats like MP4, WebM, MOV and MP4
- Can screen record by up to 10 minutes only
Follow these Steps to Use Icecream Screen Recorder
1. Acess the Icecream Screen Recorder link to download and install the tool. Once you have set up the program on your computer, you instantly see the interface of the recorder.
2. Edit the Settings. Click the “Settings” button in the bottom right corner of the window to prepare the tool for recording by customizing the settings according to your preference. The settings include options like System, Save to, Video, Audio, and Hotkeys.
3. Prepare for Recording. Go to the video that you want to record or capture. Just hit the “Capture Video” button located in the upper left corner of the tool. You may click the “Area auto detection” recording mode to easily select the region on the screen to be recorded.
4. Use Features. The program has a “Draw” button that contains a number of drawing tools that you can use while recording, including brush, pen, oval and rectangular shapes, arrow, add text and more.
5. Start Recording. After you have prepared the settings of the tool, click the “Rec” button to start recording live streaming videos. All the changes you made in preparation for recording will be applied in the entire recording process.Click “Stop” button on the recording panel to finish the recording, then save it to your computer.
iPhone Screen Recorder – Best iPhone Live Screen Recorder for iOS
When talking about live screen recorder iPhone, AceThinker iPhone Screen Recorder is second none. This tool is designed to mirror your iPhone screen in your computer wirelessly. Unlike other tools which only mirrors your iOS device, this tool can record your screen activity and the audio from your device. Aside from that, it has a unique feature to change the format instantly before recording. It is very useful when doing video tutorials, game reviews, and procedure demonstrations.
Here are the following steps how to use this tool:
Step1 Download and install the application
First, you must download the application in your computer from the download button below or visit the main website at https://acethinker.com/iphone-screen-recorder. Once done install the application on your computer.
Step2 Launch and connect
Once done downloading, launch the application and start mirroring your iOS device by swiping up your iPhone device to launch the control center. After that select tap the mirroring icon and connect it to your pc. Make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-fi connection.
Step3 Set up and record
After mirroring you can now start your recording, you may first go to the video you wish to capture. and then click the round record button located above in the main interface on the tool.
- No time limit and doesn’t leave any watermarks
- No complicated and steps and can wirelessly connect
- You may need to spend to avail the product
Jing is another relatively easy to be used tool for free from TechSmith. Jing is similar to Icecream Screen Recorder which has an additional feature to take and edit screenshots instantly. The difference if Jing to other tools is it comes with a movable sun icon. However, this tool a time limit of five minutes per recording and doesn’t support audios from your system and mic.
- Comes with a handy sun icon that avoids distraction in the screen
- Built in with a screenshot tool with editing feature
- Can record by just up to 5 minutes only
- It requires a little bit time in installation
- Internet is required when viewing recorded files
How to Screen Record Using Jing?
1. Visit Jing’s website. Click “Free Download” and install the program on your computer.
2. Create an Account. Registering an account is required and it will help you share your video recordings online.
3. Start the Program. Once it is started, a Jing’s sun-like icon will display on the upper-right corner of your screen. Clicking the icon will reveal three options where the first option is for capturing.
4. Select the screen area. You can choose the area to be recorded.
5. Start Recording. You can choose between “Capture Image” or Capture Video” to record. If you choose to capture video, you may record your voice along with the recording of your screen. Click “Stop” button to end. You can share your video files on the web or save on the disk.
One of the best solution to record live show is the Monosnap. It contains many useful features like video recording, snapper, and a storage software. This tool can offer audio improvements and simple editing to your videos. You may insert annotations, shapes, lines and more. It is one of the best tools in making screencasts because it supports your webcam and your system’s audio. Aside from that, it has built-in sharing tools where you can save your recorded files if you have an account in Monosnap. This is quite handy for its amazing features.
- Can be used as a snapper and a storage software
- Easy to install and download
- Complicated interface
Here is the procedure for Monosnap:
1. Download and install Monosnap screen recorder from its webpage.
2. Use Monosnap icon. After the installation, your computer will have a Monosnap icon that you can use for recording. Click the icon and choose record desktop.
3. Start Recording. Move the capture area frame to the screen area to be recorded. Click the “Rec” button to start recording.
4. Complete Recording. Once you are satisfied with your video, press the “Rec” button again and the program will process your recorded file. Once done processing, a window will pop-up to save or upload your file. Hit the “Save” button to save the video on your computer.
If you are looking for a tool to live screen in your Mac operating system, Screenflow is highly suggested. It one of the best screen recorders in Mac where you can edit professionally. It also excels in demonstration videos because with its built-in tools where you can illustrate or point your subject easily. It has an amazing quality to record high frame-rate like games and satisfying audio recording. It is a worth to try program that users will truly love using.
- One of the screen recorder with a build in video editor
- Best to use in demonstration
- Can be used in games
- Complicated interface
- Needs a little time to master
How to Record iOS Device with Screenflow?
1. Prepare the things needed. Before you can start, you should have, of course, the Screenflow tool version 5 or later, iPhone device specifically from 5 and up, and lastly, a lightning to USB cable.
2. Setup your Recording. First, plugin your compatible iPhone using the Lightning to USB cable. Open the Screenflow and hit the configure recording box.
3. Choose your Device. Click the New Recording tab. Then, select the Record iOS device checkbox and click your connected device.
4. Start Recording. Simply click the Record button and the program will start recording your iOS device.
OBS Studio is another professional screen recorder that supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system. It has a bit complicated interface but gives amazing result once you have mastered using it. It comes with high-performance, real-time video with audio capturing where you can mix with other activities on your screen. It supports your web camera for better results in live streaming. It contains a peculiar feature called Modular Duck where you can rearrange the layout of your video.
- Free application
- Modular Duck feature
- Can mix sounds
- Complicated interface
- Needs a little time to master
Step-by-step Instruction for Using OBS Studio
1. Get the Open Broadcaster Software to download and install to your computer.
2. Setup Screen Recording. OBS includes Scenes and Sources systems. When it is launched, it has a Scene added by default located at the bottom left corner of the interface.
3. Add a source. You need to add source inside Scene before you can start recording. Just click the plus (+) icon below the panel named Sources. If you are using Linux computer, select Screen Capture, but if it is a Mac or Windows, choose Display Capture. Just click “OK” in the popping windows. Next, under the Settings button, select the Output button and choose the destination of your file on the Recording Path field to be saved.
4. Start Recording. When you are done preparing the tool, start the recording by hitting the Start Recording button. Once done, just click Stop Recording and your file will automatically be saved to the specified folder.
Screen Grabber Pro – Best Tool to Record Lively
One of the most reliable screen recorders is the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. It is an effective tool to use as a live screen recorder for Windows 7 and Mac OS. This tool is highly recommended for its versatile functions to screen record your activity, to input audio, to take a screenshot and for sharing. Apart from that, it has an adjustable format to perform the best outcome for your video. It is also one the few screen recorders that support both audios from your system and mic. These features are really great for a professional outcome in recording live streamings.
Here how may use this tool to record:
Step1 Download and install
Before anything else, you must download the application in your computer. You may simply click the download button below or visit https://acethinker.com/desktop-recorder then click the “try it free” button to download the app. After downloading you may now install it on your computer.
Step2 Record your video
Once installed, go to your target video then launch the application. Start the recording by clicking the “record” button in the main interface of the tool. You may select whether to record a region or in full-screen mode.
Step3 Finish and save
Once done recording your live-streamed video, you may save it by clicking the stop button. After that, the recorded file is automatically be saved in the main interface of the tool
- Very user friendly
- No java script requirements
- Can record video with webcam without leaving any watermarks or any time limit
- Additional useful features to take screenshots and upload easily
- Organized your saved files
- You might need to purchase the pro version