Nowadays, the computer is being used by students, employees, business people, and professionals. With computers, you can do typing and printing jobs, programming, phone calls, digital design, and lots more. That is why the computer machine keeps growing and innovating and develops a portable computer called the laptop. With a laptop, you can do your assignment or work anywhere you go. In fact, lots of laptop brands like HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, Chromebook, etc. have helped people to lessen their electric bill since it uses a battery. Since many users use their laptop to do their work, some of them also need to record their display screen as part of their work like making tutorials, blogs, gameplay videos, and even recording video calls. Therefore, we listed below the best 10 laptop screen recordersNowadays, the computer is being used by students, employees, business people, and professionals. With computers, you can do typing and printing jobs, programming, phone calls, digital design, and lots more. That is why the computer machine keeps growing and innovating and develops a portable computer called the laptop. With a laptop, you can do your assignment or work anywhere you go. In fact, lots of laptop brands like HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, Chromebook, etc. have helped people to lessen their electric bill since it uses a battery. Since many users use their laptop to do their work, some of them also need to record their display screen as part of their work like making tutorials, blogs, gameplay videos, and even recording video calls. Therefore, we listed below the best 10 laptop screen recorders to record laptop display easily.
The first excellent tool to record your laptop screen display is the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. This tool allows users to capture any activity on laptop screen like games, video calls, movies, and TV shows. It can also record videos along with audio in a full-screen view, regional, and around the mouse in HD quality. Besides, Screen Grabber Pro is beneficial to bloggers who make a video tutorial, because you can edit and put annotations while recording to point out the essential part of the video. Also, this tool has a feature that lets you create a scheduled recording task, which can help you to record on a specific time automatically. In addition, you can record multiple videos at the same time with Screen Grabber Pro. To start using this tool on your laptop, please follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and install the Screen Grabber Pro
First, download and install the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro on your laptop by clicking one of the “Download” buttons below. Then, launch it, and follow the steps on installing the tool on your laptop.
Step2 Select your preferred recording output
After installing, run the tool, and click the “Record” option and choose your preferred video output if it is in full-screen, regional, audio, webcam, or around the mouse. You can also select the audio output to system sound, microphone, or both to record. Once you choose your preferred recording option, it will start recording automatically.
Step3 Finish the recording process
Once the recording starts, it will show you its floating toolbar that you can use to manipulate the record. You can use it to pause or stop the recording once done. You can also put annotations like shapes, lines, and text while recording. When you are done recording, click the “Stop” button beside the pause button, the recorded video will be saved on your PC automatically. You can preview the video by choosing the recording and double-click it. To locate its file location, select the recorded footage, and click the “Folder” icon button from the lower leftmost part of the tool beside the “Trash bin” icon button.
Bandicam is one of the best recording tools for Windows OS. This tool can record your laptop screen in a full-screen, specific area, game recording mode, and even mobile device recording. You can also adjust the settings of audio output like adding background music or muting it. Additionally, Bandicam has a built-in editing tool for you to polish your recorded video. You can draw shapes, lines, text, numbers, and arrows while recording to enhance the video. Another good thing about this tool is you can trim, crop, and split a portion of the video if you want to remove unwanted parts. For more information about Bandicame, you can see the steps below.
Steps on using Bandicam:
- You can visit the Bandicam official website to download its installer. Then proceed on installing the tool on your laptop.
- Launch the tool, and select the capture mode to full-screen, rectangle area, around mouse, game recording, and more.
- Next, click the “REC” button from the upper rightmost part of the tool to start recording your laptop screen.
Movavi Screen Recorder Studio is a simple and yet robust screen recorder for your laptop. You can make video tutorials easily with this tool because it allows you to record videos with a voice-over, presentations, and content on your video. Also, just like some other screen recorder tool, Movavi has a built-in editor tool that helps you to put filters, background music, minor visual effects, and more. Although this tool can produce high quality recorded video, you can’t upload videos directly in any streaming site like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and more. But you can save your recording in MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, and lots of video format. This tool is compatible with your laptop that has Windows XP, Windows, Vista, Windows 7, and up with updated patches and service packs installed. You can read the simple steps below to record your laptop screen with Movavi.
Here’s how to use Movavi Screen Recorder Studio:
- Go to Movavi website to download its installer for you to install the tool on your laptop.
- Next, launch the tool, and click the “Capture” menu from its floating toolbar to shows its available modes like full screen, region mode, video output, system audio, and more. Then, click the “REC” button at the rightmost part of the tool to start recording.
- You can click the “Stop” button at the rightmost part of the toolbar to end the recording process.
- A new window will appear after you stop the recording. From there, you can also save the recorded video by clicking the “Save” button.
Another powerful screen recording tool for your laptop is the Icecream Screen Recorder. With this tool, you can record videos with its audios, take HD quality screenshots, and share it online. Also, you can use its Capture audio feature to record the sound only, which can help to make background music on your recording. In addition, Icecream Screen Recorder has a Game capture mode that is very useful for recording fast-paced games. You can also customize the setting of this recorder to choose your preferred video format, quality of the screenshot, and even set hotkeys for you to navigate this tool easily. On the other hand, we listed below the guidelines on how to use the Icecream Screen Recorder tool.
These are the steps on using Icecream Screen Recorder:
- To start using Icecream Screen Recorder, go to its website to download the software and install it on your laptop.
- Open the Icecream Screen Recorder, and click the “Capture video” button at the upper leftmost part of the tool and select your preferred video output. It will start recording afterward.
- While recording, you will see its floating toolbar that you can use for controlling the recording. You can use the toolbar to pause and stop the recording process. You can also put annotations by clicking the “Draw” button in the middle part of the floating toolbar.
DVDVideoSoft is used by 32 million users to record their display screen. This tool can also apply to record any activity on your laptop like gaming, tutorials, projects, videos, and more. In fact, this tool can record many videos at the same time. You can also take screenshots, and resize, crop, and rotate the captured image any way you like. Moreover, DVDVideoSoft can help you in making tutorial videos because it can record sound from an external microphone. You can use all of its features and functions for free. We listed the steps that you can follow to start using DVDVideoSoft.
Guidelines for DVDVideoSoft:
- Download the installer of DVDVideoSoft on its official website, and get its continue on installing the tool on your laptop.
- Then, run the recorder, and it will show you its program panel. Use the tools that have a “Video” icon in them, and they are located the rightmost part of the toolbar. Then, click the “Full-screen” icon to start recording.
- To finish the recording process, you can click the “Stop” button. You can also check the “Open destination folder” below the “Stop” button if you want to open the file location of the video instantly.
CamStudio is undeniably one of the most popular screen recorders that you can use for your laptop. With this recorder, anyone can record their screen display, even for the non-techy users can use this tool easily. It can record your laptop screen display in a full-screen or region mode with high-quality video. Besides, this tool is excellent for recording games, educational, and informative videos since this tool can put annotations on the recording real-time. Another good thing about CamStudio is you can place links on the recordings, which can help viewers that want to visit the website that they are recording. All of the said functions and features of this recorder is more than enough to be put on our best recorders. On top of that, we write down the steps on how to use CamStudio below.
Steps on using CamStudio:
- First, get the CamStudio tool installer on its website, and install it on your laptop.
- Next, launch the recorder, and simply click the “Record” button at the upper leftmost part of the tool.
- Then, click the “Stop” button beside the “Pause” button once you are finished recording. You can preview the recorded video by going to the file location when you set when you save the video, and then double-click the video to play it immediately.
As all we know, VLC is an excellent tool for watching any videos on your computer. In fact, VLC is more than a video player, and it is also used to record your laptop screen display. This tool is used to record online movies and TV series, games, and viral videos to watch offline later. Also, VLC Recorder allows users to adjust their preferred options to use it more easily. You can customize its frame rate, hotkeys, video quality, and resolution. You can also Playback the recorded video instantly with its built-in video player. Despite being a powerful media tool, you can use and start recording your screen display for free. We also put the steps on how to use this tool below.
Guides on using VLC Recorder:
- Download the VLC installer from its official website, and install the tool on your laptop. Then, run the driver, and follow the steps on installing the VLC.
- Next, launch the VLC, and click the “Media” from the menu panel, and then choose “Open Capture Device” or click the “CTRL + C” key on your keyboard.
- After you open the “Open Capture Device” option, you can set your preferred screen recorder option, then click the “Play” button. After that, click the “Record” button at the lower rightmost part of the tool to start recording.
Snagit is one of the top-grossing video recorders on the market. This tool is mostly used by professionals that need to record a video for their work. It can provide video quality from 1080p to 4K videos. Also, the interface of Snagit is so clean and straightforward that it lets you record with only one click. However, Snagit lacks powerful editing tools for you to enhance the recorded video, and sometimes cause lags when recording. Still, this recorder can always provide you a good quality video, and also has a feature called the “Auto-fill” tool that covers the blank parts. You can keep on reading below to know more about Snagit recorder.
How to use Snagit:
- Visit the website of Snagit to download the installer. Then, install the software on your laptop.
- Run the tool, and select your preferred portion of the screen that you want to record, then click the “Capture” button at the upper leftmost part of the recorder to start recording the recording process immediately.
- You can end the recording by clicking the “Stop” button from where the “Capture” button is located. The video will be transferred to its built-in editing tool. Also, you can preview the video from there.
JING is a robust screen recorder tool that has been developed by TechSmith in 2007. This tool can do both video recording and taking screenshots on your laptop. Also, you can choose the area of the recording by using JING’s cursor. Besides, you can select the audio source from system sound, external microphone, and both to record. In addition, JING video format is set to SWF, which makes to exert an effort before you share and convert the recorded video. Despite being challenging to share the video, JING lets users record videos smoothly, and can also edit captured photos immediately. Furthermore, you can check the steps we listed to understand on how to use JING on your laptop.
Guidelines for using JING:
- To install the Jing recorder on your laptop, visit its official website, and download its installer. Then, open the driver, and follow the steps to install the JING.
- After you install the tool on your laptop, a sun icon will appear on your desktop. Click that icon to launch the recorder, and simply click the “Check” icon button to start.
- Next, after you click the “Check” icon button, you will be able to choose the part of the screen that you want to record. It will automatically start recording after you select the region mode.
- Once you are done recording your laptop screen display, click the “Stop” button at the lower leftmost part of the floating toolbar of JING to end the recording process. The recorded video will playback automatically.
- You can save the video by clicking the “Save” icon button, and choose your preferred file location to keep it on your PC.
In case you are looking for a web-based screen recorder for laptop, then AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is the best tool on our list. By visiting its website, this tool lets you record your laptop’s screen display with just a few clicks, and you can record your screen in a full-screen view, region mode, and around the mouse. It can also help you to save storage on your laptop because it only needs an internet connection and a web browser to start recording. In fact, Free Screen Recorder can put annotations in real-time, which helps you to enhance your videos by putting shapes, lines, and text in your recording. Moreover, it also supports numerous video formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, and more. For you to understand this web-based tool, see the guidelines below.
Step1 Go to AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder website
Click here to access the official website of the tool. Then from its landing page, click the “Start Recording” button to launch its main interface.
Step2 Select the video output
Next, choose the video output if it is in full-screen mode or regional. You can also select your preferred audio source to system sound, external microphone, or both to record. Then, click the “REC” button to start the recording process.
Step3 Save the recorded video
After you click the “REC” button, a floating toolbar will appear. You can use it to pause the recording or put annotations while recording. Once you are done recording, click the “Pause” button and click the “Check” icon button. The video will play automatically. Also, you can save the recorded video by clicking the “Upload” icon button to share your video online or save it on your laptop.
All of the said tools in this post can be used to record your laptop screen easily. You can use them to record in full-screen view or just a portion of your preferred area. These tools are useful for students, professionals, video bloggers, gamers, and business people. Also, you can start recording your screen with the help of these tools anywhere you go. You can share your enhance video since these tools have the ability to edit your recorded footage.