There are tons of software available to record gameplay on PC and mobile phones. There are substantial game lists available for both PC and portable; they can be paid or free to play. Playing games requires significant bandwidth and powerful machine. Games ranging from FPS to strategy to sports are available widely in mobile phones, but gamers prefer PC gaming console. Recording gameplay and publishing to social streaming media generates lots of revenue. Considering the uprising fact, we have tested hundreds of free game recordersThere are tons of software available to record gameplay on PC and mobile phones. There are substantial game lists available for both PC and portable; they can be paid or free to play. Playing games requires significant bandwidth and powerful machine. Games ranging from FPS to strategy to sports are available widely in mobile phones, but gamers prefer PC gaming console. Recording gameplay and publishing to social streaming media generates lots of revenue. Considering the uprising fact, we have tested hundreds of free game recorders best suited for you. In this very article, we are reviewing the possible top ten free game recording software solution we have picked.
Open Broadcaster Software, OBS is an open-source and flexible screen recording software. OBS is the best suitable free game recording software if you record hardcore gameplay via PC. OBS can record high-quality videos in various formats like; FLV, MP4, and so on. It uses GPU of PC to record high-quality game streaming. Various editing tools built-in the software makes it more powerful yet flexible for game recording.
- Multi-platform support.
- Open-source software application.
- Records high-quality streaming while using the PC’s GPU.
- Various editing and plug-ins are pre-available which enhances the experience.
- Supports multi-screen support.
- A new user might have hard-time setting the services due to messy UI design.
- It requires configuration, and it’s not enjoyable right out of the box.
Nvidia ShadowPlay is determined to free gameplay recording software developed by Nvidia. It is the best suitable recording option if you own a GeForce Graphics card. ShadowPlay can record up to 1440p resolution at 60 FPS. The recording has no time limit in the software; recording time can be extended with the settings. It can be easily used to record streaming on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook at high FPS.
- Shortcuts make a recording, pausing and stopping smoother to navigate.
- Recording performance is considerably good.
- Mostly suitable for low and mid-end devices streaming.
- The UI design feels a bit odd.
You probably use Windows OS to play games as it supports all kinds of games from FPS to Strategy. Windows 10 has a pre-installed Game Bar recorder, which allows recording game stream in a single click. It has capability to record 480p, 720p at 30 or 60fps. It is a free game capture software suitable for mid and low-end gamers. Thus we recommend you checking them.
- Free to use software and is available built-in with windows 10.
- Hotkeys are used for recording, pausing, which is convenient to perform.
- Available only in Windows 10.
- Lack of features for top-end gamers.
LoiLo is the best solution if you are looking for free pc game recording software. It is the best suitable recording application for hardcore gamers as it offers recording live streaming games at 4k resolution and 120 frames per second. The recording compression feature is a considerable storage saver in LoiLo.
- LoiLo is entirely free to use.
- There is no entitled time limit for recording video games.
- Despite being a free tool, it does not put a watermark or other stains while recording.
- Mouse arouse capture tool is not available.
- Supports high-end devices while recording while low end doesn’t help LoiLo.
ShareX is a lightweight, customizable, and open source game recording software. ShareX offers various recording methods like; region capture, scrolling capture, window menu, OCR capture, and so on. You need to consider using shareX if you are looking for free game recording software.
- Allows uploading to social media platforms through a direct FTP connection.
- It offers tons of editing and customization tools.
- Easy to understand and reliable tool.
- Sometimes a problem arises while trying to upload video files to social media sites.
- Some other minor errors regarding link embed in images.
Screencast-O-Matic works perfectly fine for gamers to record their gameplay to later upload on the web. It is suitable for both parties; beginners and professionals. It has high-performance real-time audio and video pixel capture capability. Screencast-O-Matic is not only screening recording software, and but it also has an editing tool which is professional to use for managing video content.
- Short video links can be sent through the Screencast-O-Matic saved repository, which is pretty high if you lack storage in the cloud.
- Editing large video files is accessible with software tools.
- It is easy and straightforward to use for all level users.
- Screencast-O-Matic is not free software to use.
- It leaves a big watermark on the recorded screen, and it may annoy some users.
AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is a free software to record games and streaming online. It is high performing online screen recording tool. All you need to perform is download the recorder launcher and start recording your favorite game. This tool allows recording video in high quality as well as offers various formats to save video files.
- Offers recording region, buttons clicked in real-time.
- Easy to use and flexible tool to record games.
- Free to use online recording tool on the go.
- Not applicable for high-end gamers as it offers low and mid-range recording.
- It lacks some of the editing tools and other essential features.
QuickTime is an elegant looking screen recording tool available only on macOS. QuickTime for Mac is best suitable for immediate and beginner level gamers to record their gaming videos. You can register and edit video files within the software.
- Convenient and straightforward to use software tools in macOS.
- Editing and recording can be done simultaneously.
- It has a gorgeous UI design that lures the audience.
- It does not support multiplatform, available only in macOS.
- Some common video file formats are not compatible like; .mkv, .wmv.
Google Play Games now allows recording video games on Android phones. You can record audio, touch, and movements of the joysticks in real-time while playing games. It is a gaming screen recorder free for android. To log video from Google Play Games, open the application and then select a game to play. After choosing the game, hit the record button available on “Record Gameplay.”
- Upload game easily to Google streaming service, YouTube.
- Best suitable game recording platform in Android phones.
- Audio with Microphone sometimes does not get recorded due to bugs.
- Video quality depends on Android phone screen resolution; the lower android device records low video quality.
AirShou Screen Recorder is a free gameplay recorder to record everything on your screen. This application is no longer available in the Apple Store but is available as a third-party application for the iOS device. There are plenty of game recording tools available for iOS devices, but AirShou Screen Recorder works perfectly fine without any trouble.
- It is freely available to download and record gameplay.
- No jailbreak is required to run the application.
- Convenient to operate allows adding the app to the home screen.
- AirShou Screen Recorder is not available in Apple Store; you’ve to download it from the browser.
- The Screen Recorder lacks security features.
- It’s compatible with the previous version of iOS devices.