Screencastify is one of the well known and super simple screen recorders for Chromebook available online amongst thousands. One of its key features is that it is an extension on Chrome and hence can be installed and used efficiently. It’s a great plugin to create high-quality tutorials and presentations. It is an effective screen-recording option for a Chromebook user as it does not require any additional software extension.
- A well-rounded software as it’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Allows offline recording.
- Free version available.
- It provides high-quality video and audio recordings.
- It has additional features, such as drawing tools that are beneficial for presentations and interactive lectures.
- All free version recordings have a Screencastify watermark on them.
- The free version limits the recording to 10 minutes per video.
- It has no system support for free version users.
- Features are limited on the free version (access to all features cost 24$ per year).
Loom is a popular business-oriented video recording tool for Chromebook that supports multiple devices and is equipped with a plethora of features. It is a popular video recording software amongst Chromebook users. It is aimed to improve and simplify workplace communication through online video recording and sharing, encryption, animated illustrations, and additional features such as do-not-disturb modes, and video editing capabilities (trimming and duplicating). Loom gives the user an option to deploy the application either on-premise or on the cloud.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Supports quick and easy editing.
- Provides training sessions and videos to its users.
- Compatible with Chrome.
- Slow internet connections can affect the fluidity of the application.
- Few audio bugs.
- Slow video processing.
- Sometimes, the video quality is not as high as offered by other software.
3. Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder
Nimbus is a popular screen recording app for Chromebook users as it is a useful Chrome extension to capture screens and record browser windows; It allows the user to capture the full screen and also parts of it. Nimbus facilitates screen captures as well as video recording through your PC webcam. It equips with a variety of other features such as organizing, clipping, annotating, and more. It is a user-friendly application and keeps in mind users confidential as it boasts a password protection feature to keep content safe and secure with a password.
- Allows whole and partial screen captures.
- Facilitates editing and annotation of recorded content.
- Video conversion – video to gif and video to mp4.
- Supports trimming and cropping of content.
- Provides an interactive user interface.
- Accessible to chrome users only.
- Some users have reported frequent application crashes.
- Saving recorded files is time-consuming.
- Sometimes slow and sluggish.
1. AceThinker Online Screen Recorder
AceThinker Online Screen Recorder is one of the free, popular web-based Chromebook screen recorders that enable efficient screencasting and is equipped with real-time editing features. One of the critical elements that make it stand out amongst the other captures is that it allows the user to record freely without any limits or watermarks. It is compatible with a variety of devices and is an extremely suitable video recording software for a Chromebook user. It facilitates a variety of purposes, such as recording and capturing presentations, lectures, online conferences, games, and more.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- It is ultra-fast and dependable.
- Offers a variety of features and tools.
- A user-friendly user interface.
- Users can easily convert and edit videos.
- Does not offer a high-end video editing level.
- No aid in downloading youtube videos.
- Sometimes results in troubleshooting errors and bugs.
- No mobile application.
Screencast-O-Matic is another nice option to record video on Chromebook. It offers an easy to use service with a good spread of affordable video editing tools. It is compatible with a plethora of devices (Mobile and PC), which makes it a popular application. This app operates online and does not require a high number of computer resources. This software allows you to record both the webcam as well as your screen simultaneously without any hindrance. The free version comes with a good set of essential features that will aid you with your first successful screen capture.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Great user interface.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Adjustable recording area.
- Does not support full-screen recording.
- Free version is equipped with only fundamental features.
- All free version recording comes with a watermark.
- Yellow cursor feature cannot be changed or turned off.