Bandicam is a light-weight screen recording software designed to record a desktop screen, especially for gameplays. It allows you to capture the screen using different recording modes and save the recorded video in popular formats like MP4 and AVI. However, you will need to sign up first to use Bandicam free version, and there is also a time limit for recording. If you're wondering whether there are some free Bandicam alternatives that let you record streaming video, capture gameplay, create a video tutorial, etc., then now you're in the right place. Here we have listed download the best Bandicam free alternatives you can use to record screen.
Free Online Screen Recorder (Online Solution)
AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder is recommended as the best free alternative to Bandicam. It is an online solution that doesn't require any third-party tools to record desktop screens. It's an essential tool that captures videos on different streaming sites, like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. Also, it allows users to record their whole game playing without any problem.
Unlike that Bandicam offers only the Windows version, AceThinker Free Screen Online Recorder is available on web browsers for Windows and Mac devices. It provides the most popular video formats, like MOV, WMV, FLV, and the likes. It is best to record the screen and save them in several formats so that the output will be available to play to most media players. Meanwhile, to be able to navigate the tool accurately, follow the steps given below.
Step 1 Access the Tool
First, hit the provided link above to open you to the home page of AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online. After that, to launch the toolbar for screen recording, click "Start Recording."
Step 2 Arrange the Audio Source and Screen Size
Next, hit the "Drop-down" menu on the "Audio" icon to select among "System Sound," "Microphone," or both for the audio source. Once finished, set up the screen size by hitting the "Full Screen" for capturing the whole screen of your monitor, or customize it by selecting on the provided region sizes on the "Region Drop-down."
Step 3 Start and Stop the Recording
Then, click the "Rec" icon, which is the first button you can find at the toolbar to begin the screen recording. Once you are satisfied with the screen capturing, hit the "Stop" button to end the screen recording process.
Step 4 Save the Output
After ending the record, start saving the output by clicking the "Save" icon found at the leftmost part of the playback window. Next, hit the "Save as Video File" to choose a folder where you will save your file. Lastly, double-click the output to start watching it.
- It has an annotation feature, that allows you to add texts, shapes and draw lines during screen recording.
- It lets you record the screen along with the audio coming from the microphone, system sound or both.
- You can start, pause or stop the recording using its activated hotkeys.
- It doesn’t have enough editing functions, like for trimming or adding filters.
FlashBack Express (Windows Only)
FlashBack Express is the next free software like Bandicam. It is a convenient tool that you can install on your Microsoft Windows computer. It allows its users to capture your screen with the audio coming from your microphone or PC sound. The best thing about FlashBack Express is that it has an editing function. With the help of this feature, you can add images, texts, blur the video, or highlight some important details. Apart from that, you can add effects, including transitions, or speed up or slow down the video. These functions are essential when you are making tutorial videos. Further, you can keep your outputs in AVI, SWF, or FLV format depending on your media player needs.
- FlashBack Express lets you to straightly upload your output on YouTube.
- It can record a full movie on a streaming site since it has no video-length limit.
- You need to purchase a Standard or Pro version to access its full features, like adding or removing of FlashBack Express watermarks.
CamStudio (Windows Only)
Camstudio is another Windows-only program like Bandicam. It is commonly known as screen recorder software. It helps its users to document the activities you do on your desktop screen, regardless if you are playing, viewing movies, or video calling. Through CamStudio, you can record all of these. The best thing about it is that it has no recording time limit, so you can record as long as you want. Moreover, CamStudio comes with its user-friendly interface since its UI controls are understandable. If you are a beginner with this type of software, CamStudio is not going to give you any troubles.
- CamStudio allows its users to add captions or annotation to highlight details while recording the desktop screen.
- It lets you save the video file without CamStudio watermarks.
- CamStudio can only save your output in AVI format.
Screencastify (Google Chrome Extension)
Screencastify can also be regarded as one of the best free Bandicam alternatives. It's a Chrome add on that allows you to record screen or only capture the webcam video. The most advantageous feature of this tool is that you can use it even when you are offline. All you need to do is add Screencastify as a browser extension, and you can enjoy using it for free. Moreover, you can highlight important information using its annotation feature while recording. Also, it enables you to save your video files in MP4, GIF, and even in MP3 formats.
- Screencastify’s output is automatically saved on your Google Drive.
- You can directly upload your video file on YouTube.
- Screencastify is only available as a browser add-on on Chrome.
OBS Studio (Windows, Mac, & Linux)
OBS Studio is free open source screen recording program like Bandicam but stuffed with great features. With it, you can record computer screen along with the sound from computer or microphone. The good thing about OBS Studio is that it can filter sounds, and can suppress noise. That means you can save your output without any problems with the audio because of its filter sounds feature. Furthermore, to compare OBS Studio to Bandicam, OBS Studio provides various video formats, like MP4, MOV, AVI, and more. Meanwhile, it can record videos from different supported sites, like YouTube, Facebook lives, Twitch, and more. It has no recording time limit, so you don't have to worry if you record the complete video content.
- OBS is capable of recording multiple screens simultaneously.
- OBS Studio allows its users to control the bitrate, meaning you can adjust if the bitrate is low or high.
- It is not easy to use screen recorder software for beginners since it has an advanced design interface.