PDF is a good way to distribute information and files while protecting its content. You can’t edit the text in PDF, after all. But that level of security does have its drawbacks. There’s no straightforward way to edit text or content on a PDF. You either copy the text into a Word document or convert the file to Word or another file type where editing is possible. Due to the many free open source PDF to word converter, converting PDF to Word is the quickest and most convenient option. In Word or similar software, you can edit PDF content as much as you like. But not all open source PDF to word converter is created equal. Some of them have its flaws. In this article, you will know which of the PDF to Word open source converters are considered better or best.
AceThinker Free PDF to Word ConverterThis free PDF to Word converter is available online and eliminates the need to download the app, install, and consume storage space. But you can download and install the Desktop version if you want. Conversion is also quick and easy. Acethinker Free online PDF to Word Converter offers the best alternative to other PDF to Word open source converters. We may sound like a broken record but here’s a step-by-step guide on how to convert PDF to editable text in Word using the Acethinker Free online PDF to Word Converter.
- Original formatting is retained accurately.
- Safe and secure, no popups or ads
- Fast conversion speed from PDF to Word
- Guaranteed high-quality conversion
Step1 Go to the websiteGo to Free PDF to Word Converter to start using this tool.
Step2 Add file to uploadClick the plus sign (+) button to add your chosen file to upload.
Step3 Convert to download your fileConversion automatically starts once upload is completed. Then, click the “Download” button to get the converted file. Then, to preview the file click “Open folder”.
It’s that quick and easy. You won’t even have to wait for 2 minutes to convert a 1 or 2-page PDF. What is even better is that all your uploaded files, if you choose to convert PDFs online are kept safe and private.
UniPDFUniPDF is an easy-to-use standalone software that coverts PDF into a Word (doc) or text (rtf) file. It also converts PDF into several other file types; JPG/PNG/BMP/TIF/GIF/PCX/TGA, HTML, and Plain text or txt. You can use the open source PDF to Word converter to convert a single PDF or in batch mode.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Converts to other file types and formats
- Support batch processing
- Advanced settings are available – set resolution and color bits when converting images
- Image content is accurately preserved
- Loses some text formatting
- Free to download, pay to upgrade
- Trial edition only allows 3 pages of PDF to be converted to Word
Nemo PDF to WordNemoPDF to Word is a one-paged software where everything you need from a PDF to Word open source converter is packed into a single interface. The buttons are displayed conspicuously, and conversion is quick. Comes with a link to the online converter. Convert PDF to DOC and RTF formats so you can edit the content. It has a settings menu where you can tweak how you want PDF to Word conversion happens. Do you want to change the character spacing? Do you want images to be removed when converting?
- Easy to use
- Text content is well-preserved upon conversion
- Supports partial and batch conversion
- Free to use/download
- Interface appearance could be better
- Few minor color issues on images
- Extra options are not available
- Conversion to DOCX is not possible
PDF Mate PDF ConverterPDFMate is another free open source PDF to Word converter that is simple to use. It also supports JPG to PDF conversion. From PDF, files are converted into editable versions in Word/Text/EPUB/Image/HTML/SWF. For security, add a password setting for original files.
- Supports batch conversion
- Converts fast and accurately
- Supports multiple languages
- Comes with advanced customization features – change output size, direction, and edges
- Limits conversion with OCR to 3 pages only
- Free to download, pay to access advanced features