We often find reading materials online that are available in PDF. When in this kind of file format, the document is non-editable which means you cannot make any changes unto the content. PDFs are only available for printing and downloading for offline reading. This is the reason why some people are looking for online and software-based solutions to turn their PDFs into editable files. They either search for tools that will help them make edits directly on the file or they try to convert the PDF to another file format, which usually to a Word document. If you are one of the people who try the latter, then you should read this article about the best free PDF to Word convertersWe often find reading materials online that are available in PDF. When in this kind of file format, the document is non-editable which means you cannot make any changes unto the content. PDFs are only available for printing and downloading for offline reading. This is the reason why some people are looking for online and software-based solutions to turn their PDFs into editable files. They either search for tools that will help them make edits directly on the file or they try to convert the PDF to another file format, which usually to a Word document. If you are one of the people who try the latter, then you should read this article about the best free PDF to Word converters, including those that can be used online and on the desktop.
LightPDF is one of the most user-friendly and easy online applications to help you transform your PDF into a Word file. It has other tools with file formats to convert your PDF document into, including PPT, PNG, and JPG. In addition, it supports most of the popular browsers and platforms such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and more. The conversion is incredibly fast and the output quality is undeniably excellent. It takes only a few seconds to do the conversion and once your file is converted, you will not see any watermark from LightPDF. It also allows you to do a conversion regardless of the size of your file. This online converter is available for both Windows and Mac OS and supports a number of languages, including English, Chinese, Danish, and Finnish to name a few. Being that said here is a guide on how to use LightPDF.
How to Use LightPDF
- The first thing you need to do to get started is to visit the main website of LightPDF where the whole process of conversion will take place. Go to LightPDF Official Website
- First, you can just drop your file directly to the interface from your computer.
- Second, you can simply click on the “Choose file” button at the center and locate your file from your computer. The uploading process only takes less than a minute.
- Once the uploading process is done, you can quickly and easily download your successfully-converted file to your computer.
- If you want to do another conversion, simply hit the “Start Over” button.
Online2PDF is another top-ranking option to accomplish your need of changing the format of your PDF file into Word document easily. It does not require you to set up anything as you can do all conversions online and in a short period of time. It allows you to upload multiple PDF files with the total size of not more than 100 MB. Aside from its ability to convert PDF to MS Office files, it can also convert PDF to Rich-Text-Format, or RTF file. However, you should also take in mind that you can only convert up to 100 pages at once. To begin using this software check out the following steps below.
How to Use Online2PDF
- To get started, visit the website of Online2PDF. Go to Online2PDF Official Website
- At the bottom part of the main interface, you can see the gray “Select Files” button where you can either get the files by clicking it or dragging your files directly over it.
- You can select up to 20 files. You should take note that your file must have a size of 100 MB. If you are uploading files in batches, the total file size must be 150 MB.
- Before you proceed to conversion, you should specify the “Convert to:” field with the format you want to convert your PDF file into.
- In this case, click on that field and look for your preferred version of Word document. You can choose between Word 2013 or older and Word 2007-2016.
- Once you are sure with your selection, proceed by clicking the red “Convert” button.
SmallPDF is a browser-based software that carries a simple and easy-to-use interface and is centered in giving a great user experience. Although it has limited functions in PDF manipulations compared to other online PDF file manager, it still can perform a few things fairly well, and one of them is the conversion of PDF to Word. It allows you to instantly transform PDF to Word by simply dragging and dropping your file into the application and you can expect the completed process in no time. Once you use this app to convert files, it will not store recently processed documents for security purposes. If you want a greater user experience with better functionalities from SmallPDF, you can switch to their subscription plans, namely the Pro and Business plans. To use this tool follow the steps below.
How to Use SmallPDF
- Using any browser, go to SmallPDF Official Website to get yourself started with the converter. Once you are on the website, click on the blue box which is the tool for converting PDF to Word.
- Just like the first two converters, SmallPDF also lets you upload your file either by dropping it directly over the blue interface or by clicking the “Choose File” button to get your file from your computer.
- If it is located in Dropbox or Google Drive, there are available buttons for both storages to easily access your file. Once your file is selected, it will be uploaded.
- After a less-than-a-minute uploading process of your file, it is ready for download. You also have the option to save it to Dropbox or Google Drive.
- If you wish to repeat the process, simply click on the “Start Over” button.
ConvertOnlineFree is an online PDF to Word free converter with a simple web interface that displays a few advanced options. You only to need to select which type of conversion you want to do with your file. It is capable of converting multiple files amassed in a single ZIP archive. It does not require you to enter personal details like name or email before you can utilize it. However, you can online convert your PDF files to Doc with size up to 50 MB only. Get started by following the step by steps procedure below.
How to Use Convert Online Free
- Go to Convert Online Free. Once you are on the site, look for “PDF to Word” tool and click it.
- Click on the “Choose File” button to locate your file from your computer. As you can see from the interface, there is a list of other tasks that you can do with your file.
- You can simply click on the given link to easily switch to another type of conversion.
- After selecting your file, click the “Convert” button.
- The conversion time may take several minutes but once it is done, it will be automatically downloaded to your computer.
- Click on the file to open and make some edits if you want to.
Another convenient way to turn your PDF into Word document is with the use of Nitro PDF to Word Converter, which is available for both Windows desktop and online use, but only the online version can be utilized freely any time of the day. It can convert and maintain text of your file properly once processed. It can also handle multiple file uploads. However, it also has quite a few noticeable downsides, including the limitation in the number of conversions that you can do and the quality of the image when converted. Your email address, where it sends your converted file, is entitled to have only a total of five conversions per month, which is harshly limited. In addition, the image included on your file to be converted cannot withstand the transformation and it ends being broken or damaged. To get started here is a simple how to’s for your information.
How to Use NitroPDF
- Go to Nitro PDF Official Website Like the other tools, Nitro PDF to Word Converter is a straightforward tool to change the format of your PDF file to Word Doc.
- In the main interface, there are two steps that you need to fill in before you can start the conversion process. The first one is adding your PDF file to be converted by clicking the gray “Select your file” button.
- The second one is entering your email address in the given space where your converted file will be sent to.
- After filling in the two required boxes, you can now start converting your PDF to Word by clicking on the “Convert Now” button.
- Once the conversion is successful, you can check your inbox to get the file and save it to your computer.
One of the many users convert PDF to Word freeware that you can download on your desktop is Zamzar. It is an innovative Windows program that can help you transform your PDF document into editable word file effortlessly. It can handle multiple PDF files and can transform them in bulk. It works faster compared to online converters. You do not need to worry about the quality of your file as it does conversion excellently and keeps the text fonts and layouts undamaged. However, the free version can only convert PDFs with not more than 5 pages long, which can be a hassle when you have larger documents. If you are not tight on budget, you can purchase its premium version priced at US$29.95, which allows you to convert files without limit on the number of pages.
UniPDF is a desktop version of a PDF to Word converter that has a good conversion speed and reliable security of your files. It has a free plan that can manage to change the file format from PDF to Word up to three pages only. If you want to process more files you should be ready to spend money for upgrading UniPDF software to a paid version, where you can experience a better features and services. When it comes to the output of your file, it can maintain the image quality well, however, it has some issues on the intricate text formats as well. It can also alter the font size when converted which is a bit disappointing.
Nuance PDF Converter is a simple-to-use software application that allows you to not only convert PDF files to Word but also make some edit to your file prior the conversion proper. It has a wide range of features to help you improved your efficiency and increase your capability in accomplishing PDF-related tasks, including the changing of PDF into Word using Mac devices. It also supports the sharing of your documents in a safe place. In addition, it supports devices like iOS and Android, which makes it more accessible to those who used to work on different operating systems. You can enjoy this converter by downloading the free version or purchasing it for $89 available at Nuance Store.
Another desktop application that can perform the conversion of your PDF file to other formats of your choice is the PDFMate PDF Converter. It can be downloaded for free and can assist you in converting your files with ease. In fact, it has an easy-to-understand operation guideline to further help or instruct you in using the tool. It also has the function to do bulk conversion which helps you to save more time and do your other tasks. What makes it different from other desktop PDF converters is its capability of converting PDF files that have been scanned. However, once you have started the conversion process you cannot pause or stop it.
Last from the list of PDF converter application for desktop is the SmartSoft Free PDF to Word Converter. It is also a free software used in changing the format of your PDF file to MS Office Word Doc files. It can accomplish conversion of files fast and with efficiency. It can copy the exact details and formats of the original PDF file when converted. It has features that let you watch or monitor the document you are about to convert with its small preview window. One downside of it is it does not have any configuration options or extra tools to use.
As you can see, you have lots of free software to convert PDF to word options to choose from. If you prefer to use a converter without any plugins or other processes than converting, then you must go to the given free online PDF converter. However, if you want a permanent tool on your desktop that you can use even without a connection, then turn your head to the mentioned free desktop PDF to Word converters. It is up to you which of the two version and given software to use to complete your need to convert your PDF file to editable Word Doc.