Do you have a meeting you need to attend, but doing so is an inconvenience for you? If this is the situation you often find yourself in, there are ways to allow the meeting to come to you thanks to webinar technology. With this people are able to broadcast the video and audio presentations, and meetings. Only a few webinar services allow for pre-recording the meeting, but most of them don’t. If you need to record the live broadcasts in order to watch or listen to them later, then this is possible with third party tools.
The tools for recording the activity on the screen regardless where the multimedia is coming from, it simply captures what's on the screen. This kind of tools include Camtasia Studio, Replay Video Capture and Screencast-O-Matic. These are just a few of the most popular options for recording your screen, but you should always test the software after installing, you don't want to start a webinar and find out there's an issue.
To do a test run you can easily record some simple task, such as navigating through a few windows or pages online. This will allow you to get familiar with the software and the overall process. This also makes sure you are able to use the software come time for the webinar.
1. You should first check out the webinar service you are using and review their list of applications that are required for the webinar, one example is Gotomeeting.com (It comes with a built-in recorder but with not annotation tools).
2. Download and install Windows Media Player (version 9 or above).
3. Make sure your sound card is compatible, or install one and configure it to work with your input device, such as a microphone.
4. Prior to beginning the webinar, configure the recording settings. Within Windows Media Player you do this by going to “organizer control panel” and selecting “tools” and “recording”.
5. Choose the settings that are best for the type of webinar. You can choose to record audio, the preferred format and where to save the file to.
6. You're ready to hit record to begin the recording process, and “Stop” when you're ready to stop the recording. Once you stop the recording, you will click on “file” and go to “end webinar”. This will automatically save the file to your preferred location. Then simply replay the file anytime you would like.
Using a screen recorder provides you a powerful method to capturing your webinar sessions, like the Desktop Recorder software which allows you to record your screen at no charge. You are also able to choose what part of the screen, or the size of the recording area. If you need to edit the recordings, it has this feature too, and works with both Mac and Windows. It also has a video converter feature.
If you are using the Gotomeeting service for your webinar, you will be presented with two options. You can choose to record the entire screen, or just a certain area. Below is how to go about it:
1. Download, install and activate this app, and then click on “Start Recording” and the recording tool will open up.
2. Start your webinar session and navigate to the down arrow located by the “Record” tab. From here you should select your recording mode, and a new window will pop up allowing you to choose the area for recording.
Tips: If you prefer to record the entire screen, simply select the full screen option, otherwise you can use the “Region” function to choose a preferred recording size.
3. When you have the capture screen set up as you need it, you are ready to start your recording, simply click on “Start”, and the window will begin counting down from 3 and start recording.
4. When you are done with your webinar session, simply click “Stop” to end the recording. You should ensure that the recording as began recording prior to starting the webinar.
Do you wonder how to record the web meeting with service provided by a specific brand company? Check for info below:
Record GotoMeeting Online: Learn how to record one of the most well-known brands of webinar on your browser.
How to record Go to Webinar: GoToWebinar provides premium solution on recording web meetings and training, this article will discuss workable approaches for recording it.
Record JoinMe Sessions: JoinMe provides flexible ways for people to share screen with others and also chat for meeting or other purposes. Do you wonder how to record the sessions on this platform? Find the solutions here.
Record Live Meeting: Another essay for users to record the live meeting on internet with no hassle.
Record WebEx Meeting: WebEx provides one-stop solution for online presentation, meeting, etc. This essay is to guide users on recording the WebEx meetings.
In addition, if you find that you need to make edits to the recording during the webinar, you can select the pencil icon (edit). You can also save in multiple formats if your situation calls for the recording to be on various devices, you can convert to many files including AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, ASF, MPG, WEBM, and many more.