Whether it is for showing people files or simply making use of a function at a presentation, there may be times where you need to display your iPad screen onto a computer and this process can actually be quite simple. We have a few solutions for you here today.
Reflector - As you may have seen with any of your Apple devices, there is a feature called ‘AirPlay’ and Reflector makes the most of this feature to display your iOS device onto a computer or laptop. Before you start, you will need to ensure that your computer and tablet are connected to the same WiFi connection and you will also find that it works on both Mac and PC. At times, users do have a little trouble with getting this to work but resetting the AirPlay feature normally sorts this problem out.
- After downloading the program onto your computer, open Reflector.
- Access the control centre by swiping up from the bottom of your screen and tap on AirPlay.
- As long as your two devices are connected to the same network, you will find that there is a ‘mirroring’ option next to your computer’s name.
- When this is done, you should see your iPad’s screen mirrored onto your computer. Tap on the ‘Done’ button and you will see that the AirPlay feature has been connected.
- Whenever you’re finished, simply ‘close connection’ from the main menu.
Lonely Screen - Next, we have a free-to-use program that can be installed onto your PC. After downloading and installing correctly, you will be able to send absolutely anything from your iPhone or iPad to your Windows laptop or computer and you don’t even have to download anything onto your iPad.
If you’re running a general firewall, it may block the use of some features so you should specify on which networks the program should be allowed and then the program should work perfectly fine from here. Because they lack security compared to others, public networks are not advised.
After installing, you will find that the program opens automatically and this will launch the firewall so be sure to change the options and click on ‘Fix’. In order to do this, you will need to be the administrator or in the administrator’s account.
- When the user account control dialog box shows, click ‘Yes’ in order for it to receive information. As soon as it has been unblocked by the firewall, the main screen will show up on your computer. By default, the username will show up as ‘LonelyScreen’ and this will appear in your AirPlay settings which you can then select to mirror.
- If you want to change the name of the receiver, simply click on the name and enter a new name before pressing ‘Save’. Next, you have to allow the program to send information to your PC but this is another easy step to complete.
- Access the control centre by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and you can select LonelyScreen or whatever name you have used instead. After tapping on this, it should display on the AirPlay screen before you can then tap the ‘Mirroring’ slider. When it turns green, this means that it has been mirrored to your PC and you can select ‘Done’.
- After leaving that page, you should notice that your iOS device is showing in the AirPlay receiver window. From here, you can play music or movies and even make the window bigger by moving it around.
- As soon as you are finished mirroring, simply close the app by pressing the ‘settings’ button found in the top-right hand corner. As you will notice, your PC will no longer be on the AirPlay settings.
iPhone Screen Recorder - Similarly, you can use iPhone Screen Recorder and this will work just as well for your iPad. In truth, this is one of the best options because it has been specifically designed for iOS products and it is extremely easy to use. If you aren't used to playing around with technology, this one could be the solution as it doesn’t require a degree in IT as many others do.
- To start, download and install the program if you haven't done so already. When finished, launch the program.
- From here, you need to connect both your computer and your iPad and this can be done by bringing up the control panel.
- Tap on the AirPlay feature and choose the connection that has the name of your computer. Then, simply tap on ‘Mirroring’ and you will see that your iPad’s screen has been mirrored onto your laptop or computer.
- As long as you have all the settings correct on your device, the computer screen will mirror everything you do on your phone quite like a live feed. If you want to record what you’re doing on the iPad, click the record button and it will begin.
- As soon as you’re finished, click the stop button and you will be shown the folder on your computer where all the recordings are held.
As you can see, this program is incredibly simple and you can be up and running within just a matter of minutes. If you’re looking for an iPad projector or recorder, this could just be the answer you have been looking for!