One of the most commonly requested features of future iPhone models is by far the new addition of screen recording features. While one of the most requested feature additions, the sheer amount of developmental effort required for it to be implemented is holding it back. As unfortunate as that is, there isn’t a lot that Apple is willing to do. However, there are several methods that are available to anyone who has an Apple device which allow them to record their iPhone screen. On that note, let’s take a look at some of these methods and more specifically, the methods that don’t require for you to go through the trouble or jailbreaking your device in order to do such a simple task.
iPhone Screen Recorder (Software)
The iPhone Screen Recorder is without a doubt the best iPhone display recorder that is available. Upon launching this application, you will be able to connect your iPhone and begin the process. Provided that you have the program installed on your computer and both your computer and Apple device are connected to the same wireless network, you’re ready to continue.
- Step #1 – Start off by ensuring that the iPhone Screen Recorder is both downloaded and installed accordingly. Once you have it installed, go ahead and open it up.
- Step #2 – On your iPhone device, swipe upwards from the bottom of your iPhone screen. This will show you the control menu. From here, click on the “AirPlay” option.
- Step #3 – After clicking on the “AirPlay” option, you will be shown all of the available connections that the AirPlay feature has detected. Look for the connection that has the same name as your computer and tap on it, followed by selecting the “Mirroring” option.
- Step #4 – Take yourself back over to the iPhone Screen Recorder program and click on the recording icon which will be located at the top left of the program. This will begin the recording and you will be able to record what you’d like to.
- Step #5 – After recording, simply click on the stop icon which again, will be found at the top left of the program.
- Step #6 – After you have stopped your recording, the pre-defined output folder where your recording has been stored will be shown and you will be able to view the recording.
This method is only viable if you have a Mac computer as while the QuickTime program is available on Windows, the recording feature has yet to be implemented. QuickTime is known for being the main media player for Mac computers, and on Mac computers the important recording feature is available (as on Windows it is not).
Step #1 – Start off by launching the QuickTime Player program, and once you’ve done that, your webcam will be displayed by default.
Step #2 – In order to change this, simply click on the arrow located next to the recording button.
Step #3 – From here, simply select the device that you would like to have recorded. It is also worth noting that you are able to select a microphone to be recorded, allowing you to add a commentary to your recordings.
Step #4 – Your Apple device’s display will then be shown on the Mac computer. To begin your recording, simply click on the “Record” button and the recording will begin.
Note: – If you’re unsure as to whether it is recording, simply check as to whether both the time and the file sizes are increasing. If they are, you are recording. If they are not, you are not recording.
Step #5 – Once you are finished recording, simply go ahead and click on the “Stop” button.
If you are happy with the recording that has been taken, click on the “File” tab at the top, followed by the “Save” option. Find a location to save the file to, and click on the “Save” button. You will now be able to access that recording from the saved location.