Screenshots play a vital role in our daily computing life and they are an indispensable part of the digital world where information has to change constantly. It is essential to take a screenshot for PDF because it enables the users to capture specific data and use it later. For example, it could be an important utility bill, a technical document, presentation or report. Once the screenshots are captured for PDF, they could be shared easily on various social media websites.
Creation of screen recordings and trying to format them in Microsoft Word documents may be quite frustrating and time consuming. It is, therefore, advisable to use free software that could help in creating enhanced visual communication and at a much faster rate. It has to be noted that the PDF files viewed by people on the web do not offer easy downloadable options. For a decent viewing experience, people should not be waiting too long for things to appear on the screen. PDF has to be snappy and not sluggish. This depends on the structure and the size of the files you are converting. Useful tools like `Fast Web View’ could restructure a PDF document for downloading a page at a time from the web servers.
We will help users look at options to suit their needs on being able to capture screenshots for PDF and also do some research into available solutions. There are various options that could help make screenshots for PDF.
- Default Solution to Print Screen on PDF
- Browser Extension for Capturing PDF Pages Online
- Free Screen Grabber
- Snipping Tool comes along with Windows OS
- Evernote for Windows/Mac
Default Solution to Print Screen on PDF
This helps in turning screenshots into PDF and preserving them. When you save a screenshot in a PDF format, you will then make sure that the image could be opened on any type of computer which runs with a free downloaded version of Adobe Reader.
This is how you go about making screenshots for PDF with the Print Screen default option on Windows:
- 1. You have to make a screenshot by clicking on `Print Screen’ on the keyboard.
- 2. You have to open Microsoft PowerPoint and generate a fresh blank presentation.
- 3. Click on `Edit’ and select `Paste’ when you have to paste images of your screenshot into PowerPoint.
- 4. You have to then size the image down of that screenshot to make it fir into the slide of the PowerPoint.
- 5. Click on the `Microsoft Office’ button.
- 6. Select `Save As’ and choose `PDF’.
- 7. Label the PDF file and click on `Publish’.
This is how you go about making screenshots for PDF with the Print Screen default option on Mac operating system:
- 1. You can make a screenshot by clicking on “Command” + “Shift” + “3” or “4”. By doing this, a PNG file of your screenshot will appear on desktop.
- 2. The PNG screenshot file will have to be double-clicked on and the file will open by default in `Preview’.
- 3. If you need to create PDF from screenshots, click on `File’ and choose `Print’.
- 4. Click on `PDF’ in your print menu and then choose `Save as PDF’.
- 5. Label the file and select the location where you would like to save the PDF file and click on `Print’.
Browser Extension for Capturing PDF Pages Online
This option is highly suitable for capture of web pages for PDF. The screen could be captured for the entire web page or any part of it. Awesome Screenshot has been rated highly for capturing screenshots and it serves effectively as a tool for image annotation on Google Chrome on Windows or Mac. More than a couple of million users have been impressed by it.
Free Screen Grabber
Screen Grabber Free is a nice desktop tool for taking snapshots from PDFs. With it, you can take screenshot with a simple click. To fulfill your different needs, this tool provides some flexible screen capture modes: Full Screen, Region, Window and Automatic Screenshot. It means that you can take screenshots of the whole screen, select the very area you need, only detect and capture a window or even set time and copies to make the program take snapshots automatically. The created screenshots can be saved in JPG, PNG and GIF format.
As you see, the interface of this application is quite intuitive and you can get all work done without learning how to operate it. Simply configure the output settings, select the capture mode, display the PDF pages and click the camera icon on the interface to start capturing.
Tips: Besides taking screenshots, this program is also a screen recording tool that allows you to record anything on your screen and save then into videos in regular formats. You can record the whole screen or just the selected region in high quality.
Snipping Tool comes along with Windows OS
This is a tool for capturing text or graphic images. It enables taking snips of PDF files, entire pages or rectangular sections. Snips could be cut and then pasted on to other programs with the use of a mouse and they could be saved as image files such as JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG. They could also be saved as a full web page on an HTML file or plain TXT file. You could even email the file and transmit to other applications like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop or Publisher.
It features visual snippers that can cut the desired content, speedily. You have to
- – Snip the graphic image out of the PDF file.
- – Cut and then paste the graphics or text out of the PDF document.
- – You can enlarge the area or shrink it.
- – You can save as a web page or a text file or an image file.
Evernote for Windows/Mac
This is a capture tool that can also be used for making screenshots for PDF on Mac. It is a multi-platform tool. Besides Mac, it will also support iPhones and Windows Mobiles. You can also annotate PDFs and images easily with shapes, lines and arrows.
While on most occasions, a simple Print Screen click may do the job but you need other software tools when you require multiple screenshots of entire web pages. You would be able to add comments, annotations and share with single-click uploads. The advantages of using the software options listed above include capturing of both graphic images as well as text files. You will have access to necessary tools for communicating your ideas visually and share your feedback so that you could collaborate with your co-workers and friends.