Finding videos in various formats is a cinch with Replay Media Catcher, which means that you don’t have to convert each one, which is a definite plus that saves time and effort. Although Replay Media Catcher doesn’t actually work on Youtube at the moment, probably because they blocked it by changing something in their system. But what are the alternative apps capable of scraping web videos?
- GetFLV (Windows Only)
- 1-Click Youtube Video Downloader
- Mac Replay Media Converter
- Savevid Online Video Downloader
- DownloadHelper for FireFox/Chrome
GetFLV (Windows Only)
For a complete web video Windows solution, you can’t go wrong with GetFLV. In a matter of minutes, any web video can be downloaded, plus this app supports hundreds of video sites and for your mobile devices, any video can be converted.
For a brief list of a few of the main features, see below:
- – Grab any web video URL: Firstly launch the FLV browser, then visit your preferred site for videos. Choose and play the video of your choice, then to save it to your local platform, click download.
- – Converting any web video: Easily convert web videos to formats such as MP4, WMV, 3GP, AVI, and MOV. You can view your movies on any one of your computers and/or mobile devices once you’ve converted them.
- – Extracting Music from web videos: Extract music tracks from any online video and saves them to popular music formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC as well as many others.
1-Click Youtube Video Downloader
Featuring an ingenious interface the 1-Click Youtube Video Downloader includes every option necessary to discretely download and convert videos. Apart from its considerable capabilities, this app has for grabbing and downloading videos from the net, it also has great attributes for accessing and downloading an entire YouTube playlist in addition to suggesting and recommending popular videos and much more. Find and download any video on the browser automatically making use of the apps built-in detector.
Mac Replay Media Converter
For your Mac download and install Video Downloader Pro. Start the app to search and play your preferred video with Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
To download videos, there are 3 options to choose from:
- The first option: On your screen, you’ll see a download button close to the video play window. The video will be automatically downloaded by the Youtube Downloader for Mac, once you’ve clicked this button.
- The second option: Search for the video you want to download online, then copy the video URL (Ctrl + C) then right click to paste the URL into the correct app box, where the video will be instantly downloaded.
- The third option: Drag the video URL directly to the application and this video downloader will start to download the video immediately.
Savevid Online Video Downloader
From the numerous video sites including YouTube, Dailymotion, Break, Veoh, Vimeo, Metacafe and Facebook, this online application will have you downloading videos without hassle, within minutes. Supporting many formats including MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV and MPG. This online app is completely free of charge and simple to use. Simply by copying the URL of the video of choice and pasting it into the applications box, your video will start to download. The Savevid site also offers the latest downloaded videos, daily top 20 videos in numerous categories such as Sports, Music, Celebrity, Funny, Video blogs, Entertainment, Animation and much more.
Video DownloadHelper for FireFox/Chrome
A specific plug-in is needed to download videos from YouTube as well as other video sharing sites if you use the Firefox browser. There are more options available now, as this app has become compatible with the Chrome browser. Installing a small icon on your browser toolbar, the Firefox Video DownloadHelper is simple to use. Simply navigate to the video of choice to download. To convert your video to another format, you’ll need to install another plugin.