Skype has become an indispensable communication tool for both individuals and businesses. People are relying on it increasingly for phone, video and IM chat service. Skype has also become an important tool in the work environment. Despite daily chats, it’s also used for conducting interviews and conference. It’s helpful especially when companies need to recruit globally or when it’s necessary to discuss with business partners in different locations. When people use the facility of Skype for making audio and video calls, it is important that they also find out ways of how they could create a screencast. We will review handy solutions for users to record skype Calls and more in this article.
- Comprehensive Solutions on Win/Mac
- Use Kanda Video Call Recorder
- Specific Methods for Windows Desktop
- Specific Solution for Mac OS
- Solutions for Recording Audio Only
Record Skype Calls on Win/Mac
Screen Grabber Pro is a nice utility for recording your conversation via Skype, no matter it’s in text chats, video calls or voice calls.
You may customize recording area on screen, video resolution, frame rate, etc. Once activated, it will perform smooth recording that covers the screen activity, mouse effects, your voice and the sound you could hear from computer precisely.
Once started with recording, you could control over the process with options on the toolbar that goes with recording all alone. Further, there’re annotation options for adding shapes, texts, lines and more elements to highlight your screen. And if you prefer, you may also hide the recording bar and facilitate hotkeys to pause, resume, stop the process. Once done, you can publish the recorded video to multiple media formats.
If you’re willing to learn more about this tool, check the product page for details.
Kanda Video Call Recorder
As an app recommended by Skype officially, this one is specially made for recording video calls on Skype, Google Hangout and some other tools. It’s capable of recording the calls when it’s undergoing and also include the sound into your recording. Kanda’s recorder features simple interface to let you go directly to recording the calls. It also provides two version while the free one has limit of recording no more than 30 calls each month. The paid version does not have such limit and also goes advance with video editing and snapshot functions. You may also share the recorded videos to social network within the inner settings, too. However, this program is only workable on recording video chats but cannot handle other media.
Record Skype Video on Windows
This is a useful tool for creation of screencasts and quick demonstrations on your computer screens in AVI. You can then convert into the Flash format on Windows operating systems. The features of CamStudio include the facility to highlight the path of the cursor during a recording session and automatic panning. It also has ability to record along with sound effects. Its effects menu will allow you to append and also annotate videos with your comments. You can add a watermark. CamStudio will be able to capture screenshots, too. All you have to do is to set a frame rate and drag your mouse over the section set aside for capture. You have to tap on the chosen coordinates. Once this tool is launched, you will find many helpful features to make your screencast a success. There are controls that help you to record the entire screen or a part of it with sound options.
Step for recording with CamStudio
- 1. You have to open the control panel for sound. You may do it through the Control Panels Window or the Control Panel Flyout or simply by right clicking on the icon provided for the speaker.
- 2. Make sure that the `Stereo Mix’ is chosen as a default device in `Recording’ tab. You have to open it and then set the level to 100.
- 3. Choose the Playback tab and make sure that he speakers are picked as default device.
- 4. If you are using RealTek HD Audio system, you have to scroll to the bottom and turn Front sliders to 45. This helps in avoiding overloads. The Stereo Mix will receive actual signal from this particular slider.
- 5. Volume mixer on the Windows operating system can be adjusted along with the media player
You will have to remember that if you want to hear the recording playback on your headphones, you may have to set Headphones as default and then set it back to the Speakers for recording additional takes.
Recording Skype Calls on Mac OS
This is a Skype add-on for Macintosh operating systems. It is compatible with Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard. For older versions of Mac, you may need a QuickTime Broadcaster that will record Skype calls and turn them into QuickTime movies. For all versions later than the 10.6, the easiest way to record Skype calls is by using Ecamm Call Recorder.
Guide for Recording Skype Calls on Mac
- 1. First and foremost, you have to quit Skype. Download the call recorder from the website of Ecamm. You will have to unzip this file and then double click on "Install Call Recorder File". Follow the process of installation.
- 2. Once it is installed, click on "Open Skype" which you will find in the "Alert" dialogue window. This will reopen Skype app.
- 3. Skype has a setting in "Preferences" that is called Recording. You can select QuickTime setting for the "Call Recorder". It is better to leave the setting at default. In case, if you want to change, you may access by selecting Skype and go to "Preferences and Recording" again.
- 4. Begin an audio or a video Skype conversation. A fresh window will appear in Skype and it will be the "Call Recorder". Click on the Red Record button in the "Call Recorder" to begin recording.
- 5. Click on Stop in the Call Recorder to end recording. And then click on the "Search" icon in the "Call Recorder" to open "Finder" folder. This contains the audio or the video recording that you have made. This folder is located in Movies > Saved Calls and this is done by default.
Simply Ways for Recording Audio Only
If you’re willing to record the conversation in audio format without video, then here’s a nice solution for Windows users. MP3 Skype Recorder is a lite program for Windows PC, letting users record the Skype calls in the form of MP3 files. Without comprehensive functions, this tool comes free with no limits in the length of recording. It works as an extension to your Skype and can track simultaneous calls separately without mixing them up. It also involves automatic and manual recording capabilities for saving your audio files.
These are the options available for recording your Skype calls on both Windows and Mac operating systems. It is necessary to record and broadcast the screencasts made from Skype as more than twenty five million users are doing the same all over the world at peak times. This article has shown you methods through apps that allow you to record Skype audio and video calls.